Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:30 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Greetings humans

Just surfaced from a 3 day weekend potty training my 3 year old

Frustrating at first, but yesterday he was able to tell us that he needed to go, and no accident after 2 pm

Once this phase is done, things will be much easier with my baby boy. Then again, he is no longer a baby

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Red face

Originally Posted by jfe
Greetings humans
Isn't that kind of a stretch for the denizens of The Lounge™?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Cholula
It's called "the benefit of the doubt".
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by N639DL
...Don't have to share the same room with someone, but right now have 2 other people living in the suite. There is a 3rd spot that is unoccupied at the moment...
Had this set up one year (Jr, maybe). Because of the size of the rooms, we were able to move 3 beds into 1 room, and used the other as the "living room". It worked out really well for parties.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:27 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Absolutely

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
It's called "the benefit of the doubt".
Well, you have to be nice sometimes
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Been away from The Lounge™ for awhile. Hope you all are well.

Was stuck in DTW a few extra hours last night due to a broken lav on a MD90. Great TPA-based FA made a drink quite well that I've come to enjoy - double Woodford, splash of CranApple, splash of club soda. It's the DL Plat cocktail, just with more booze (meaning an adequate amount).
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
What is this? I just texting to Obscure2k last night. She does have her iPhone.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Been away from The Lounge™ for awhile. Hope you all are well.

Was stuck in DTW a few extra hours last night due to a broken lav on a MD90. Great TPA-based FA made a drink quite well that I've come to enjoy - double Woodford, splash of CranApple, splash of club soda. It's the DL Plat cocktail, just with more booze (meaning an adequate amount).
I'm ok, other than I'm having a beer... Some young woman (maybe old enough to drink) hit my car tonight when I was on the way home from a work meeting. My car is still driveable, and I'm a little sore, but otherwise ok, but I needed a drink!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
seems like you and your vehicles have had more than a fair share of ... shall we say, "encounters" ... lately ... glad you're ok ...
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
seems like you and your vehicles have had more than a fair share of ... shall we say, "encounters" ... lately ... glad you're ok ...
That's a nice way to phrase it.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by N830MH
I saw you and you already have your new iPhone. I just texting to Obscure2k and I came by to say hello.
I don't have a new iPhone yet...hopefully this month I'll be getting a new one

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I'm very happy with my 64GB iPhone5s (unlocked, of course) ^
I have a 16GB 4S that has been in use since December 30th, 2011... It's seen it's better days. Still operational, it's very hard to notice the VERY small cracks that it has. At this point it's just too slow. I can't even get it to sync with my new computer, which is why I had to bring the old one with me to school.

In the very same sense... I have a 3 year old operational laptop that's just slow. I intend to keep that for a couple more years, and I got a new computer over the summer.

As far as my iPhone goes, it just keeps on changing it's own settings, can't multi-task, and the battery gets eaten up quickly. I've been up for renewal since December of last year, but my mom of course wanted to wait for the new iPhone to come out. Have been waiting for a while to replace it so I'm looking forward to the 9th just to see what the new phone will be like.

Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Had this set up one year (Jr, maybe). Because of the size of the rooms, we were able to move 3 beds into 1 room, and used the other as the "living room". It worked out really well for parties.
Unfortunately my suite doesn't have any common space. (Two) single rooms, and (one) double room. Bathroom has 2 sinks, toilet, and a shower. My room is the perfect size, and so far I like my suitemates.

Had a long day with a work meeting from 9-4. I got pretty much what I wanted, I'm excited to get working tomorrow. Fortunately I won't be driving around campus after 11pm. It'll be interesting as starting this semester the school combined the two transit systems into one (hence why I have the option of driving until 2:30am.) Saturday nights will be fun as I am on dispatch from 9:30pm to 3am.

I'll be turning in early tonight as I hardly slept last night and am exhausted from everything today. Goodnight!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by N639DL
In the very same sense... I have a 3 year old operational laptop that's just slow. I intend to keep that for a couple more years, and I got a new computer over the summer.
My laptop will turn 4 next month! It can't run any of the new games (I had the great idea to download Goat Simulator, but it's too laggy to be at all enjoyable). I also have a netbook that IIRC will turn 5 in November -- it runs Windows XP

-J.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi All,

We're back online again. YAY!!! We have someone to come over there at my house to fixed the router and also, he have change a new router. It won't have any problem at all.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:10 pm

I'm very sore today--my shoulder hurts, my neck hurts...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I'm very sore today--my shoulder hurts, my neck hurts...
Oh, poor kipper. Hope you get better soon. Just take it easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.