Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Very busy - one week in and I can't wait for winter break already.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N639DL
Very busy - one week in and I can't wait for winter break already.
Me, too. I was so extremely busy at work. I work hard and it keep me busy.

I am flying out tonight. I am flying on newest 737-900ER. The registration number is N810DN. I just saw the flight tracker and it is on the way from ATL now. The FLT#1915 from ATL and I am going on the flight#1646 to ATL and then to BOS. I will try to take a pictures. I will give you a chance.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Nope. Just 4 Global Upgrades. Everything else (MQM-wise) rolls over as previous.

and, yes, it has to be Delta metal for the GUCs to be used on the any fare (low fare) classes. Using on AF or KLM, reverts back to the high-fare class (similar to SWU) booking classes. Obviously, the only real value with regard to GUCs are being able to use them for low fare classes.
Are the AF or KL GUC supported upgrades instantly confirmed or does the wait list still feed the crystal ball?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it inside the aircrafft tour and it's gorgeous!!! Gosh! It's beautiful. I already gave him a permission to get inside the aircraft right after the passengers leave from the entire aircraft. I took a pictures from my Nikon D80 camera. You will see it. When I get it back home. I will upload the pictures. Gosh! I smell the fresh air. It was so wonderful. I thanked to him to give me a tour opportunity for me. I am going be on FLT#1646 to ATL and then BOS.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good morning to East Coast. I just arrive in ATL at 5:50am. We had a great flight. I flew on newest aircraft. It is on ship#3810 (N810DN). I am going on next flight to BOS at 8:44am.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by N830MH
Good morning to East Coast. I just arrive in ATL at 5:50am. We had a great flight. I flew on newest aircraft. It is on ship#3810 (N810DN). I am going on next flight to BOS at 8:44am.
Enjoy, Scotty! How long are you in BOS? I was supposed to be there this week, but I'm able to stay home until Monday now.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Enjoy, Scotty! How long are you in BOS? I was supposed to be there this week, but I'm able to stay home until Monday now.
Thanks! I am now 28,000 feet. I am on my flight # 1901 to ATL and then PHX on my FLT #1115. I am going fly on newest aircraft again. Can't wait!!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Scottie, what was the purpose of your trip to Boston?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Scottie, what was the purpose of your trip to Boston?
What?!? What did you say? Actually, it just for the mileage run trip.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
What?!? What did you say? Actually, it just for the mileage run trip.
If you are not going to have the needed MQDs, a mileage run for MQMs is no help to you.

You will, of course, get SkyMiles but you have to see how many SkyMiles you get and what the cost of the flight is. You might find it less expensive to buy the SkyMiles.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
If you are not going to have the needed MQDs, a mileage run for MQMs is no help to you.

You will, of course, get SkyMiles but you have to see how many SkyMiles you get and what the cost of the flight is. You might find it less expensive to buy the SkyMiles.
Who cares? Back off! I needed earned the MQM instead of MQDs. I don't care about new SkyMiles program and I want bring the old program back! I WANT BACK NOW!!!!!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Who cares? Back off! I needed earned the MQM instead of MQDs. I don't care about new SkyMiles program and I want bring the old program back! I WANT BACK NOW!!!!!
Do you understand you need MQM and MQD? It is not an "or" or "instead". You need one AND the other. You need the $$$.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
With all the recent talk of DAY, I should note that I'm giving a Commencement address there in just under two months ...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dimramon
Do you understand you need MQM and MQD? It is not an "or" or "instead". You need one AND the other. You need the $$$.
Who cares? I don't care about new SkyMiles program. There is no such things. I want bring old program back. I WANT BACK!!! I NEED EARNED MQM INSTEAD OF MQDs. I WANT BE SILVER & GOLD MEDALLIONS!!!!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Who cares? I don't care about new SkyMiles program. There is no such things. I want bring old program back. I WANT BACK!!! I NEED EARNED MQM INSTEAD OF MQDs. I WANT BE SILVER & GOLD MEDALLIONS!!!!
Unfortunately, Scotty, you could fly 125,000 miles, but without $2,500 in spending Delta won't even give you Silver Medallion. Many don't like it, but that's the policy and they are not making exceptions. It is a pay to play scheme ow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.