Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beachmouse
You haven't accepted that seat yet, have you? In a full flight situation, the DL computer tends to throw the unassigned into whatever non-EC coach seats they've got left at airport check-in, whether preferred or not, and if you let the computer spin that roulette wheel, you'll often end up with something better than the middle back coach seat.
My thinking exactly. Haven't selected one.

Better to check in early, then, or late (at the airport)?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Dovster
You have the required MQMs to be Silver and may well get the required number to get Gold Medallion, but will you have spent the required MQDs?
Yes! I already did. I just became Silver Medallion today. I don't need MQD.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes! I already did. I just became Silver Medallion today. I don't need MQD.
What makes you think you don't need MQD?

It's MQM/MQS *AND* MQD.
So you need the miles or segments and the money spent.

(Unless you meet the credit card qualifications)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
11 nights on the road, 816 miles on the car, and way too much data on my iPhone used...it felt good to get home about 8 hours ago. Just beginning to catch up on stuff with the computer.

Got many things to do before this month is over. Moving back to school on September 1st, which is Labor Day. Going to be some hectic 11 days.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I flew UA for the first time on Tuesday, taking advantage of the Premier Silver status comped by virtue of my Marriott status. Saved $400+ on a ticket vs. DL and knew I'd get a free bag with UA PS.

Booked everything on UA.com. UA flight number. Go to UA check-in and they say it's a codeshare and I need to check-in with Silver Airways. Silver forces me to pay $25 for my bag. Then, it's a Saab 340b propeller plane. Oh, the joys of UA. Think I'll stick with DL.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I flew UA for the first time on Tuesday, taking advantage of the Premier Silver status comped by virtue of my Marriott status. Saved $400+ on a ticket vs. DL and knew I'd get a free bag with UA PS.

Booked everything on UA.com. UA flight number. Go to UA check-in and they say it's a codeshare and I need to check-in with Silver Airways. Silver forces me to pay $25 for my bag. Then, it's a Saab 340b propeller plane. Oh, the joys of UA. Think I'll stick with DL.
Your UA confirmation email should have said something to the effect of "this is a codeshare flight; please check-in with Silver Airways".

Did you see that when you booked online or in the email?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The color of the grass elsewhere really does vary. I've got a modest stash of UA miles that is very frustrating to try to use from pretty much any FL panhandle airport- anything I have a look at is going to cost me at least 25% more miles than a similar date and place Sky Pesos booking would be.

So much for an alleged better value program, eh?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Moved to the DAArk Side...

I haven't been on a UA flight in years, but over the past year, I have moved the majority of my business to AA. I've been quite pleased and pleasantly surprised by their service level.

On this w/e's flights to move the young one to ASU I achieved AA status, so I will likely only be flying DL on a "need" basis from here on out. They've made it quite clear to us lowly Silvers (once in a blue moon, Gold) that they have no need for us.

Last edited by NapaPatTours; Aug 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I've been quite pleased at the discount first class fares on DL. Cheaper than UA and AA and more reliable than UA.

I paid $430 for MKE-MSP-LAX. I find myself booking DL more and more and I don't have to worry about status.

Skypesos seem to be worthless, especially at the rate I accumulate them, but maybe convenience, reliability and price are more important.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Went to the Patriots pre-season game tonight vs. the Panthers. It was last minute as we knew someone who has a colleague with season tickets. In the nosebleed section, but it actually was a great view. Not as nice as the Putnam Club (exclusive section of the stadium), which I went into at a regular-season game last year. Great game!

It's hard deciding where I want to go with my future...and by that I mean location
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by N639DL
Went to the Patriots pre-season game tonight vs. the Panthers. It was last minute as we knew someone who has a colleague with season tickets. In the nosebleed section, but it actually was a great view. Not as nice as the Putnam Club (exclusive section of the stadium), which I went into at a regular-season game last year. Great game!

It's hard deciding where I want to go with my future...and by that I mean location
I never really thought I'd end up where I'm living, but jobs have a funny way of dictating where you'll live.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
I never really thought I'd end up where I'm living, but jobs have a funny way of dictating where you'll live.
Ain't that the truth? . If you had asked me 15 years ago would I one day be living/working in the USA, I would have said "No way , Hosea"
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by N639DL

I found my school on a status run -- I had chosen SLC by closing my eyes and pointing at a map. Westminster was the best excuse I could come up with to actually go. And I made FO on the ATL-LGA flight

-J.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
BTW -close to disaster. Cleared security in MCI airport yesterday - discovered I had lost my Green Card. So never made my flight home to MAN. I had to apply for another online. Hopefully it will not take forever.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
BTW -close to disaster. Cleared security in MCI airport yesterday - discovered I had lost my Green Card. So never made my flight home to MAN. I had to apply for another online. Hopefully it will not take forever.
Oh no! Good luck, hope it all works out. Reminds me of when I was supposed to go to Paris and the night before I realized my passport was in SLC.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.