Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Well I now live in Dayton Ohio and not Kansas City
Time to change your location under your handle. Congrat's on your recent move.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Cholula
Time to change your location under your handle. Thanks for the reminder DONE

Congrat's on your recent move.
Thanks also
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Well I now live in Dayton Ohio and not Kansas City - so perhaps a little less flying. Will now have to travel DAY or CVG - XXX-MAN on my TATLs
Perhaps we need a Dayton Do!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kipper
Perhaps we need a Dayton Do!
There's certainly enough to do in DAY that would appeal to FlyerTalkers. All the sites affiliated with the Wright Brothers (their shop downtown, the exhibit in the park with the original 1905 Wright Flyer III [the first plane that was practical to fly], and the Huffman Prairie field they did their experiments at) would easily take up the first half of a full day, and the USAF museum is worth spending the second half of the day at (and probably a full second day--it makes the Smithsonian Air and Space museum's Dulles extension look tiny). I'm in!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by jackal
the original 1905 Wright Flyer III [the first plane that was practical to fly]
Does that mean it gave free booze in F?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
My sister was just asking me if I wanted to go to NYC for Christmas.

Just Kidding! Hi Dovster!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
My sister was just asking me if I wanted to go to NYC for Christmas.

Just Kidding! Hi Dovster!
Both you and your sister would be perfectly safe in going to NYC for Christmas...mainly because I am getting on a flight to LAS in the early afternoon.

Christmas Eve, however, is a different story. If either your Incredibly Gorgeous Blonde Sister or scoow's Sexy Sister-in-Law want a free night in my room at the Millenium Hilton, I can guarantee them a very suite time.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Dovster
a very suite time.
That would imply there is another room for them to sleep in? I fail to see the point of that.

My mother's company is moving downtown and will be in the building next door. However my father works across town in one of the federal buildings @:-)

-J.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That would imply there is another room for them to sleep in? I fail to see the point of that.
It is a junior suite. I had to get the extra room in case Traveller, her sister, scoow, and her SIL all want to join me.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by fgirard
But, even though they are termed "global," do they work the same as the old SWU--which was really toilet paper?
fgirard,
A much much better situation than the prior SWUs. Biggest plus, is that you are upgrading from a low fare-class; so if you don't get the upgrade, at least you haven't paid for a more expensive M, B or Y fare.

You can read a bit more here.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:49 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Well I now live in Dayton Ohio and not Kansas City - so perhaps a little less flying. Will now have to travel DAY or CVG - XXX-MAN on my TATLs
CVG-CDG-MAN? I "think" that one is still available.

Arriving into CVG on a transatlantic is pretty nice!
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
There's certainly enough to do in DAY that would appeal to FlyerTalkers. All the sites affiliated with the Wright Brothers (their shop downtown, the exhibit in the park with the original 1905 Wright Flyer III [the first plane that was practical to fly], and the Huffman Prairie field they did their experiments at) would easily take up the first half of a full day, and the USAF museum is worth spending the second half of the day at (and probably a full second day--it makes the Smithsonian Air and Space museum's Dulles extension look tiny). I'm in!
Exactly or even halfway between CVG and DAY or CVG itself - many options. ^
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:34 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Count us in for it! I just ask that if we have an "FTer" hotel, it be pet-friendly.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
No PDB offered on 1528 today.
Insert first world problems hashtag.

Last edited by apodo77; Sep 7, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm willing to do what I can to organize a Dayton Do, but I'm also new to the area, so I don't know too many spots. I found a bar that's maybe 3-5 miles from the AF Museum with 56 beers on tap, so that might appeal to FTers and especially those on this forum.

Right now I'm just trying to get back to Dayton. My ATL-DAY flight is now showing a 3 hour delay, and we're still an hour away from the current posted departure time. Estimated arrival of 1:07am...tomorrow morning is going to be fun. The A17 SC closes at 11:30, so I hope it doesn't slip any more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.