Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Sitting in the SLC SC right now. . .

Saw a bag roll by me with a tag:

North, Oliver

Pretty sure it's him. Does he qualify as a celebrity by the strict standards of this thread???

I Would say if you are:
Democrat = No
Republican = Yes

But even that might not work for all.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:32 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I saw Bruce Willis boarding a flight to SLC a few weeks ago. They were holding the plane for them and almost took a delay.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:56 am

Last Thursday (4/10) was on a flight from AUS-ATL. That was the day of the 50th anniversary of LBJ signing the civil rights bill. Obama was in Austin for it, and on my plane to ATL were Andy Young (former ATL mayor and UN Ambassador), and John Lewis.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm currently sitting next to B.J. Novak who played Ryan on the Office, I'm on LAX-BOS. My first celebrity seatmate.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm currently sitting next to B.J. Novak who played Ryan on the Office, I'm on LAX-BOS. My first celebrity seatmate.
Ask him for a signed copy of his new book. It looks hilarious.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:33 pm

I attended "The Office" convention in Scranton, PA many years ago. He attended only for one part and sat on a panel but didn't talk to anyone afterwards. One of the writers, who was very friendly and happy to chat with fans, said something to the effect that he isn't good with crowds and gets nervous...

Must make airports a problem.....
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
My first celebrity seatmate was Jake Steinfeld last year, famous as actor and Body by Jake fitness guru. He slept the entire flt, even missed the meal.

Funny how we always remember our first.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Burj
I attended "The Office" convention in Scranton, PA many years ago. He attended only for one part and sat on a panel but didn't talk to anyone afterwards. One of the writers, who was very friendly and happy to chat with fans, said something to the effect that he isn't good with crowds and gets nervous...

Must make airports a problem.....
I'm not sure where he came from but he was last to board. I thought I saw Will Arnett leaving the AS Boardroom w/ handler during my layover so though that would be my one and only celeb encounter (only my 3rd time at LAX).

What really stood out was he seemed a little agitated that FA did not know if there was meat in the breakfast burrito. He was told sausage was on the side and he seemed ok. Then he though he saw it in the burrito and got a little more agitated. When the FA said she only knew what was on the paperwork he finally let it go and just picked through it. Fast forward 10-15 minutes i saw him eat all of the side sausage, so wierd.

I was surprised I didn't see a handler. I should have offered my services to manage his flights, i saw him eyeballing my hindu meal. I guess his people were not aware of special meals.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Sat next to Dwight Gooden yesterday LGA-TPA. Made him move out of my seat too since I was in 2A and he wasn't haha
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Delta celebrity sightings. Isn't everyone a celebrity today in the internet era? Do I count?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, US Airways FO
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Sat next to Dwight Gooden yesterday LGA-TPA. Made him move out of my seat too since I was in 2A and he wasn't haha
Haha, I saw him on a ATL-TPA flight, he lives in St. Pete and is cousins with a friend of mine.

Last edited by tampa2euro; Apr 21, 2014 at 8:12 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:32 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Waiting to board my MCO-RDU flight last night, another flight came in and two guys were walking off and talking. One guy pulled out an 8x10 of Foghat and the other guy signed it and, surmising from the conversation, he was a member of Foghat.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Saw Congressman Jim Matheson at SLC last Friday, but I don't think he was taking Delta.

Also thought I saw Guy Fieri from the Food Network that day, but turned out it wasn't him.

-J.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Saw Congressman Jim Matheson at SLC last Friday, but I don't think he was taking Delta.

Also thought I saw Guy Fieri from the Food Network that day, but turned out it wasn't him.

-J.
I know that feeling. A couple months ago, I was in the SLC sky club and I thought I saw Wilford Brimley. After fifteen minutes of awkward inconspicuous glances his direction, the man finally got up and walked past me on his way out, and it wasn't Mr. Brimley after all.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I know that feeling. A couple months ago, I was in the SLC sky club and I thought I saw Wilford Brimley. After fifteen minutes of awkward inconspicuous glances his direction, the man finally got up and walked past me on his way out, and it wasn't Mr. Brimley after all.
My experience wasn't so awkward. I'm the airport intern and I'm currently with terminals and landside. At that moment I was stationed at T1 screening, so I simply checked his boarding pass

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.