Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.85MM, Priority Platinum
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
I did not put that word in quotes, nor did I spin anything; that all comes directly from Snopes. Try following the link and reading the entire entry. I'm not defending Gore or any other politician, but this was debunked a long time ago.
Debunked is a stretch. He said what he said and it is not really the reality of what happened back in the day. As for who put it in quotes that is for another thread. The "Quote" you posted had "invented" in quotes. You did it by proxy, good enough for me.

Last edited by RollsRoyceAndy; Mar 30, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
How about everybody relax and stay on topic. You are welcome to continue the discussion over in OMNI.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
And yet you have not said how he milked millions from people nor admitted you were wrong about his "not having served a day in jail"...
Admitting to something means I was wrong, my comment was geared towards his little investor gig he tried his hand at, it all handed in Calif, he milked many people out of money that be promised them. BTW, what does this have to do with the topic of Celebrities on DL ?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
You had to put "invented" in quotes, The word he used was "created", splitting hairs in the big scheme of things.

Gore and 90 plus percent of the rest of career politicians will whore themselves out to advance their careers. Spin it anyway you want but Gore has said some really outrageous things and his reference to him have been a major part in the "creation" of the internet is just one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco
Vint Cerf credits him, which is plenty good enough for me.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
Nicole Kidman was on my flight

From BNA to LAX last fall. She was the last to get on and made eye contact /spoke to everyone who was paying attention. No one bothered her during the flight, but as soon as we landed, the paparazzi was there.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I'm about 92.7% I saw Richard Dreyfuss in the JFK skyclub in terminal C last (Sunday March , 30) night. Did anybody else see him who can confirm or deny? I was pretty jet lagged as I had just flown in from SVO - plus a few drinks in - so my eyes may have been deceiving me...
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I've been told by quite a few people that I resemble Richard Dreyfus, but I wasn't in JFK last night. Maybe it was him.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by koreanair720
I'm about 92.7% I saw Richard Dreyfuss in the JFK skyclub in terminal C last (Sunday March , 30) night. Did anybody else see him who can confirm or deny? I was pretty jet lagged as I had just flown in from SVO - plus a few drinks in - so my eyes may have been deceiving me...
I can confirm that JFK doesn't have a "terminal C".
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by sethb
I can confirm that JFK doesn't have a "terminal C".
ha, good point. i meant terminal 2. (was thinking of gate c64, which was the one i used.)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta - DM, National Executive, Marriott - Platinum
Franco Harris

Saw Franco and his wife on the train in ATL. Nice guy. He said the ball actually touched the ground too.

Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta - DM, National Executive, Marriott - Platinum
Franco Picture
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM
The Wiggins brothers (Kansas and Wichita State) were on SLC-MCI flight yesterday, didn't get a picture due to being a ISU fan... wanted to ask them what they had been eating considering how badly they both choked in their last tourney games (Zing!) Considering Andrew is/was declaring for the draft today, the last laugh is likely on them.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Admitting to something means I was wrong, my comment was geared towards his little investor gig he tried his hand at, it all handed in Calif, he milked many people out of money that be promised them. BTW, what does this have to do with the topic of Celebrities on DL ?
Again, I think you're confusing him with someone else. I can't find anything showing Daryl Strawberry defrauded anyone or was involved in any kind of gig in California.

Are you thinking of Lenny Dykstra?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/justic...tra-sentenced/
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by BeachBum770
Quinton Aaron (played Michael Ohr in "The Blind Side") was on flight 201 from ATL to LAX this morning. Sat in 5B. No one saidy anything to him during the flight, but once we reached baggage claim at LAX, one person asked for a picture and then the onslaught began. I actually spent time talking with his driver as we waited for luggage and he commented that Quinton is always willing to talk to the people who recognize him.^
He was just kicked off a US Airways flight this past week. He is now determined to lose weight now. He bought a first class ticket, but guess none were available for his connecting flight.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=23211817
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:07 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Sitting in the SLC SC right now. . .

Saw a bag roll by me with a tag:

North, Oliver

Pretty sure it's him. Does he qualify as a celebrity by the strict standards of this thread???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.