Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Carnie Phillips and Wendy Phillips as well as their band on DL 1755 ATL-LAX today. Interestingly, they were way in the back of the plane not in F. Guess Wilson Phillips isn't doing as well as they once did!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Carnie Phillips and Wendy Phillips as well as their band on DL 1755 ATL-LAX today. Interestingly, they were way in the back of the plane not in F. Guess Wilson Phillips isn't doing as well as they once did!
Once you hit the convention circuit your travel contracts likely aren't what they used to be.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Erik Estrada on ATL-LAX 2355 last Wed. He's doing a movie in ATL, but was heading to LA to shoot a commercial really quickly.

Also, Richie Sambora coming from SLC to LAX last night.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Do you mean Carnie and Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 13thandseven
Do you mean Carnie and Wendy Wilson of Wilson Phillips?
Yes, yes I do...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

They don't have the ego to fly FC or it was a change for them and this was the only way to get to LA..
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Diamond, Alaska 75K, SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond Elite
i sat next to Matthew Fox on a flight from Atlanta to LAX a few years ago. Had no idea who he was until he told me to think about Party of 5.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott, Amex
Gary Player in MIA Skyclub right now.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
They don't have the ego to fly FC or it was a change for them and this was the only way to get to LA..
Flying first class indicates a certain ego now?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DTWNate
Gary Player in MIA Skyclub right now.
Is he wearing Larry David's green jacket?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MS02113
Flying first class indicates a certain ego now?
Some Celebrities wont fly unless they are in FC, so what do you call that. This thread is about Celebrities, right?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Tim Pawlenty was on SFO-MSP yesterday. We were both in Coach! Tim was a former Presidental Candidate and Minnesota Gov.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Some Celebrities wont fly unless they are in FC, so what do you call that. This thread is about Celebrities, right?
You suggested earlier that Wilson Phillips didn't "have the ego to fly FC," implying that doing so would require a heightened sense of self-importance, or something. I would call an insistence on first class a minimum expectation of comfort that has little to do with self perception.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by MS02113
You suggested earlier that Wilson Phillips didn't "have the ego to fly FC," implying that doing so would require a heightened sense of self-importance, or something. I would call an insistence on first class a minimum expectation of comfort that has little to do with self perception.
+1. Although in this case I imagine W-P and their band were flying in J because at this stage of their career they are probably paying their own travel expenses.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bktong
i sat next to Matthew Fox on a flight from Atlanta to LAX a few years ago. Had no idea who he was until he told me to think about Party of 5.
Heh. I wonder why he wouldn't have mentioned his best-known role (as a plane-crash survivor on the show "Lost"! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.