Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by burbanite
Now that's funny! She certainly is blessed in ways that are advantageous to her chosen career.

Coincidentally I just came here to post that, once again, the aforementioned Ms. Upton and I were on 1061 LAX-MCO today. I think she is following me....
I thought on the first trip, you were 6A, she was 5A, so you'd have been following her.

Besides, the view is better that way.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: delta dm
Cardale Jones and half the ohio st buckeyes going pro early in to the nfl draft. I was in first and they were in coach. My oh my how things will change in about a month. I will still be slugging out to get into first and they will be on private jets.☺
Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:28 pm

Has anyone seen Maria Shriver/Schwarzenegger kids on Delta?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Earthlings
Has anyone seen Maria Shriver/Schwarzenegger kids on Delta?
Aren't we supposed to report who we DID see, and not ask questions about people we never saw? I spent a good 2 hours on Delta in coach talking with Sen. Amy Klobuchar from MN. She is an amazing person.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
My brief Easter-weekend trip to New York was bookended with celebrity sightings: Michael J. Fox in the JFK T4 Sky Club on Saturday morning and Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin in the T2 Sky Club on Sunday evening.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: DL/UA
Last year Rashard Lewis (NBA) and his family was on my LAX-MIA flight 2 rows away from me
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:31 am

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by orr333
I had 2 in the last few weeks. DTW-FLL on 2/17 the US Surgeon General, Vice Admiral Vivek Hallegere Murthy was somewhere back with the Kettles.
I'm curious how you are able to recognize the US Surgeon General out of context in a public place? Are you in the public health industry, or just generally interested in public health? Seems like that isn't necessarily a person most people would recognize.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by MS02113
Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:19 pm

Iggy Pop DEN-MSP yesterday...my wife (31) starts to swoon, and I had to casually remind her it's not 1983!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:45 pm

I sat behind Fabio (well, he was in 1B and I was in 2A) on a flight from PDX to MSP last December. It was much more entertaining for my Facebook friends than it was for me, though.

Also, stood about 8 feet away from Rob Reiner while waiting in SLC to board my flight to Denver last year. He was boarding a flight to LA. Some guy standing next to me points, and says "Hey, isn't that Rob Reiner right there?" I turned, and said "Could be. or Carl Reiner. Or it could be Penny Marshall - they all look the same to me."
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:46 pm

Dreamworks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg was on my 03/07 PVG-LAX flight.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by MS02113
My brief Easter-weekend trip to New York was bookended with celebrity sightings: Michael J. Fox in the JFK T4 Sky Club on Saturday morning and Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin in the T2 Sky Club on Sunday evening.
As a big fan of both LA Law and Veronica Mars, I would have been very happy with that sighting.

Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I'm curious how you are able to recognize the US Surgeon General out of context in a public place? Are you in the public health industry, or just generally interested in public health? Seems like that isn't necessarily a person most people would recognize.
Indeed. Be Sharps never made a song about him. He's no C Everett Koop.

Mike
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
He was wearing his full military dress uniform and name tag....otherwise, you are right - he would probably be unrecognizable!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by orr333
He was wearing his full military dress uniform and name tag....otherwise, you are right - he would probably be unrecognizable!
Just a FYI, the US General Surgeon is in charge of the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (PHSCC.)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Yes, and he wears a very official uniform that looks like military...

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...vKC-AQ9QEIIDAA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.