Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Mitt Romney right now on DL2137, JFK-SLC. Seat 3B, right across the aisle from me. What do I say to him?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Mitt Romney right now on DL2137, JFK-SLC. Seat 3B, right across the aisle from me. What do I say to him?
It looks like Zach Braff is on your flight as well:

https://twitter.com/zachbraff/status/426877658035924992
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
Ask him to roll down the window
http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...plane-windows/
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Joshua Jackson and his long-time partner Diane Kruger at SLC on this past Tuesday night. They were heading home after Sundance and skiing. I never would have recognized either one (I'd never heard of her), but the oh-so-discreet TSA agents at security were ogling them.

I later saw them in the SkyClub before they flew off to LAX. They were quite cuddly:

Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by GogoSF
It looks like Zach Braff is on your flight as well:

https://twitter.com/zachbraff/status/426877658035924992
I thought he looked familiar!! They are DEEP in conversation haha
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Gold
I thought he looked familiar!! They are DEEP in conversation haha
Mitt's Tweeting about it too!

https://twitter.com/mittromney/statu...77966111358977
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Does he look good for his age?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
DL 1104 HNL-SLC in F two weeks ago...Jimmy Walker and his family. My dad had been at the Sony earlier and watched him play (and win)! Our family was split up in rows 1 and 5, and he and his family say across from me (5C) in 4AB and 5AB. They were also checking in at the same time we were so my dad who is a PGA member chatted with him a bit. Nice family, and their two young children were well behaved. Mom looked exhausted though when we deplaned in SLC.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MS02113
You suggested earlier that Wilson Phillips didn't "have the ego to fly FC," implying that doing so would require a heightened sense of self-importance, or something. I would call an insistence on first class a minimum expectation of comfort that has little to do with self perception.
Have you been around Celebrities who wouldn't fly unless they were in FC? Of course there are some who don't care and are more down to earth, as there are others who think they are entitled to be in the front...
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:26 pm

Delta the airline sponsor of the Grammys tonight.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Of course there are some who don't care and are more down to earth, as there are others who think they are entitled to be in the front...
Of course, but then that's not what you originally wrote.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MS02113
Of course, but then that's not what you originally wrote.
They don't have the ego to fly FC or it was a change for them and this was the only way to get to LA..

Maybe they don't have the ego, is that better??
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Have you been around Celebrities who wouldn't fly unless they were in FC?
I have! Flying as much as I do between ATL and LAX (as well as JFK), celebs go with the territory. Over the years, I have watched celebs pitch a fit over not being in F. One of the worst was a few years back when a certain celebrity bought a Y ticket but had (apparently) always been upgraded because of her celebrity status. When the GA told her she didn't have a seat for her and there was no UG policy for celebrities so she would need to take her seat in Y, she went ballistic, they had to call security to the gate and ultimately removed her from the flight altogether.

That's not to say they are all that way. In fact, I ended up talking with the Wilson Phillips girls in the gate area after they announced that our flight was briefly delayed to security sweep our plane. They were very friendly, even took a few pictures with fans. Their band mates who I presume are from New Zealand or Australia joked with one fan that she probably never thought she'd meet Men at Work at the airport...nice, down to earth folks. I just presumed that they would probably be in F and was surprised to see them sitting in the back of the bus.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
Here you go, perfect accompaniment for these Wilson Phillips entries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHly9LEwfoU
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by jsmith50
...Flying as much as I do between ATL and LAX (as well as JFK), celebs go with the territory. Over the years, I have watched celebs pitch a fit over not being in F. One of the worst was a few years back when a certain celebrity bought a Y ticket but had (apparently) always been upgraded because of her celebrity status. When the GA told her she didn't have a seat for her and there was no UG policy for celebrities so she would need to take her seat in Y, she went ballistic, they had to call security to the gate and ultimately removed her from the flight altogether...
Who was it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.