Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like the San Diego Padres flew a chartered Delta 738 to STL for their series against the Cardinals. It was parked on the ramp by the old ANG hangars and they were bussed out there after the game. They left around 5. I wished they'd been a little closer to the terminal so I could have seen some I recognized.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, United Premier Exec, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew LAX-LAS on Friday evening, and Britney Spears was sitting in the seat behind me! She was there with her 2 sons, boyfriend and bodyguard, and she was really sweet to her 2 boys. I was really shocked to see her flying first class instead of renting a private plane, but then again it is a really short flight. I don't think anyone besides the FA recognized her...but what a great start to a weekend in Vegas!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL SM, S HHonors, S Marriott, AvisFirst
ATL - MSY: James Carville today. Great guy and he seems very down to earth! Said hello and he did as well and shook my hand.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by jevans17
Flew LAX-LAS on Friday evening, and Britney Spears was sitting in the seat behind me! She was there with her 2 sons, boyfriend and bodyguard, and she was really sweet to her 2 boys. I was really shocked to see her flying first class instead of renting a private plane, but then again it is a really short flight. I don't think anyone besides the FA recognized her...but what a great start to a weekend in Vegas!
Working in the industry, I can tell you that LA area-Vegas with a quick turn on a lightjet is gonna run you about $5,500. So that figure vs. $300 F on a 42 minute flight to Vegas is a pretty hard argument.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by USirritated
Probably not another hip-hop star in 6B, probably a member of Snoop Dogg's posse/entourage.
No, there was a rather large bodyguard that was seated on the aisle. This other cat I did not recognize but he sported a decent sized green top hat that went into the overhead bin. Star 2 had no bodyguard.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:57 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Luggage Tag
No, there was a rather large bodyguard that was seated on the aisle. This other cat I did not recognize but he sported a decent sized green top hat that went into the overhead bin. Star 2 had no bodyguard.
Again, PROBABLY a member of his posse/entourage. I was on a recent flight (November 6, discussed in this thread) seated (3C) directly next to Chris (Ludacris) Bridges (3D) in F, and his entourage of FOUR people was spread through three different rows in F (on a 738).

Last edited by USirritated; Apr 6, 2011 at 5:00 am Reason: added date reference
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: DL Plat
Erin Andrews (ESPN) was on my flight from ATL-MIA last Thursday, March 31. Headed down on vacation and quite the nice person to chat with during boarding. She was in 2A, I was in 4D.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by lsk5013
Erin Andrews (ESPN) was on my flight from ATL-MIA last Thursday, March 31. Headed down on vacation and quite the nice person to chat with during boarding. She was in 2A, I was in 4D.
Now I would like to have her as my seat mate.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by lsk5013
Why does everybody else get all the luck. I always sit by the old fat guy... No wait that is me... Never mind!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Bigpops
Why does everybody else get all the luck. I always sit by the old fat guy... No wait that is me... Never mind!
Over my years in F, I have sat directly next to Fantasia Barrino (and did not know who she was at the time, she filled me in), Harold Ford, Jr. (just after he lost the 2006 Tennessee US Senate Race, we had a great talk about politics), Chris (Ludacris) Bridges (a nice guy, though quiet in person); and in the F section with Clarence Thomas (with his wife, did not speak with either), Debbie Wasserman Schultz (twice, a Member of Congress, and just appointed Chair of the Democratic National Committee, a very nice person), Porter Goss (former Member of Congress, former Director of Central Intelligence), E. Clay Shaw, Jr. (several times, former Member of Congress), Neil Abercrombie (former Member of Congress, present Governor of Hawaii), and a few others, which I can't remember right now. The fact is, that if you sit in F regularly, odds are you will be sitting next to or very near to someone famous every few months or so (especially if you fly into or out of DCA, LAX, or LGA/JFK regularly).

My most recent sighting was not ON a flight, but in the DL concourse at DCA. On Monday, April 4, I was coming out of the bathroom, and less than two steps behind me (which caused me to turn around) was Ron Paul (current Member of Congress, multiple time Presidential Candidate), which surprised me, and I said "I just saw you on TV," to which he smiled and gave a half wave. Over the years, flying into and out of DCA often, I have seen or met several Members of Congress and other well known people in government, including Kathleen Sebelius (former Governor of Kansas, current Secretary of Health and Human Services).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond
Not sure whether this would count as a celebrity but...Ronnie of Jersey Shore fame was in F with me on a DL Connection flight out of JFK to MSP on 3/23. He didn't make a great impression, as soon as we landed he was on the phone yelling and cursing that he wasn't on the correct flight and that now he was stuck in (snowy) MN! Another passenger(I'm assuming unaware of who he was) kindly told him to "Shut up". Great experience!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Boss

No, no that one, Richard Anderson. On flight 1974 MEM-ATL today. And, yes, he sat in coach.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by LBJ
No, no that one, Richard Anderson. On flight 1974 MEM-ATL today. And, yes, he sat in coach.
Did he get the exit row ?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by Frozentech
Did he get the exit row ?
No. Us non-revs (yes, Anderson included--this isn't AA) get the last row middle seat.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by personaltravelaid
No. Us non-revs (yes, Anderson included--this isn't AA) get the last row middle seat.
Leo didn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.