Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Former Governor of West Virginia Bob Wise ATL-TLH last week. Not sure if that counts as a celebrity.
You must be some kind of political junkie (as I am) to be able to recognize a one term (and low key) Governor of a small state, unless maybe you used to live in West Virginia, maybe during his one term?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Dirt Nasty (Simon Rex) on a flight from TPA-ATL last Friday, 3/18. He looked like he'd been up all night, which is probably accurate.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Biz Markie

atl - chs this eve
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Comedian George Wallace in E concourse in ATL this evening.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by USirritated
You must be some kind of political junkie (as I am) to be able to recognize a one term (and low key) Governor of a small state, unless maybe you used to live in West Virginia, maybe during his one term?
Political junkie, yes. Though he has been very active in the area of digital learning/education reform since he left office, which is in my line of work.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Former Celtic and low post artist Kevin McHale spent a while chatting with a group of us in the LAX SC on Wednesday evening the 23rd while his flight to MSP was severely delayed. Very engaging personality and made me at 6-7 or 6-8 feel almost short compared to his 6-10 ness.

I love the LAX SC. There's always something going on celebrity wise in there it seems.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:22 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by woody125
Former Celtic and low post artist Kevin McHale spent a while chatting with a group of us in the LAX SC on Wednesday evening the 23rd while his flight to MSP was severely delayed. Very engaging personality and made me at 6-7 or 6-8 feel almost short compared to his 6-10 ness.

I love the LAX SC. There's always something going on celebrity wise in there it seems.
I saw Kevin a few weeks ago in ATL trying to decide what to eat in the A food court - agree on height - I'm 6"6" and felt short.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by woody125

I flew on the same flights as McHale from GPT-MEM and then MEM-MSP a couple years ago...he was here in Biloxi for a celeb golf tourney. I didn't feel quite as badly as I usually do at 6'3" on The Wretched Vessel (TM) (CRJ200) thinking about McHale at 6'10" a few rows back, but as for the mainline jet from MEM-MSP, well too bad so sad for him back in Y while I and 15 other peons were up in F. I also noted both upon deplaning in MSP and then down at baggage claim that he wasn't feeling a lot of love back home in MSP...he wasn't fired yet from the T'Wolves and they were sucking pretty badly at that point (not like the NBA powerhouse juggernaut that they are now! ).
Old Mar 25, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Growing up a huge Celtic fan in the 80s, I so wanted to have him get up right there in the SC and pretend I was playing behind him in the post. I wanted him to mimic catching an entry pass, maintaining his pivot foot while lunging forward due to a fake forearm in his back. I wanted him to lift the ball above his head, create space with his butt, take one dribble to the middle, half turn to his right shoulder, shot fake, step through, scream an obscenity at the top of his lungs, score the bucket and then reach for the towel boy's towel under the basket before heading to the line to complete the 3 point play. I know that at least 10 of us he was talking to that night would have stood up and cheered like we were at the Boston Garden circa 1986. It's getting misty here in my office.

If there are those, and I am sure are, who have no idea what we're talking about, then click here and enjoy what a low post educational experience looks like. If you are beginning now to add the phrase "low post education" to your vocabulary for the first time, begin and end your study of the theme with one Kevin McHale. Ok, throw in Hakeem in 94 and 95 as well.

I will now release this hijacked thread...
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Political junkie, yes. Though he has been very active in the area of digital learning/education reform since he left office, which is in my line of work.
I once sat next to Jo Bonner DCA-ATL. I am a political junkie, but didn't recognize him at first. The day prior, though, he had chaired a hearing. I was reading the NYTimes, saw his picture, looked at him, looked at the picture and he nodded.

We had a brief conversation about Mobile. He mentioned that the Battle House is an outstanding hotel. He was right. Been staying there ever since.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Fabio is rolling through B concourse right now!!!!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
If you don't get a picture, no one will believe you!! We already have 1 thread like that!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
If you don't get a picture, no one will believe you!! We already have 1 thread like that!

Ya, I am not gonna take a pic of fabio unless Amy Ried is standing next to him...
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Is he wearing a DM hat?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Duck alert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.