Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 8:58 am
Suspended

Frank A

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Not too many sit next to the same famous guy 3 times over the years, but I sat once again with Frank Abignal, the catch me if you can dude...
And Frank Abignal is????
Old May 9, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
And Frank Abignal is????
Not sure if you're making fun of the spelling or you truly don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale
Old May 9, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Kurt Russell was in the ATL B24 SC last night, then on to DL 370 to LAX. Had his shoes off in the SC, but at least he didn't put his feet on the furniture...
Old May 9, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
I'm sitting in the LAX Sky Club right now and the following was announced over the PA system:
"Atlanta passenger Cuba Gooding Jr. please report to the gate for final boarding."
I'm actually surprised that they would publicly announce a celebrity's full name over the PA. I would think that they would just announce "Atlanta passenger Gooding, please report to the gate for final boarding," so as not to infringe on his privacy. I have a former client named Gooding, so I know it is a fairly common last name, and it would not arouse much attention if just the last name was used. When I have been called by PA to make my flights, they only use my last name, not my full name, such as "Fort Lauderdale passenger irritated, please report to gate B16 for final boarding."
Old May 10, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
James Cromwell

James Cromwell. Now he's not a name you may instantly recognize, but you all would recognize him if you saw him. He played, among other parts, the part of GHW Bush in the film W, and he played the inventor of Surrogates opposite Bruce Willis in the film Surrogates. He played the cunning LAPD Chief in LA Confidential. He was in I, Robot and Secretariat. He had recurring roles in 24 and Six Feet Under. Lots of work. James Cromwell was on my flight from LAX to SLC where we both eventually went our separate ways. He was immediately recognized by most people on the plane but that may be party due to his imposing size. He is very tall, maybe 6 ft 5 or even taller, specially with his hat on. He went into the rest room on the plane and immediately exited and asked the FA how long the flight would be (evidently calculating whether he could 'hold it' if you will - he, as I, found the toilets on the plane too small to actually be able to use except under cases of extreme duress).

He boarded late into BE along with some other guy and sat in 3B. I was in 3D and the other guy sat into 4C. I thought they were together until I heard all the questions 4C was asking. 'Are you going to shoot a movie? What is it called? What scripts are you reading, etc etc ....' Felt bad for the guy. He tried to explain to 4C that the title of the film may change between the time they shoot the film and the time it gets to marketing, but 4C had a hard time understanding. Turns out, as he told 4C, Cromwell was going to shoot a rodeo picture in Florida.

In SLC Mr Cromwell followed me into the Sky Club - actually he walked by it first, hesitated, then came in. The folks in front of us in line at the counter were having a hard time proving their SC credentials and I was just about to invite Mr Cromwell in as my guest just to try to help move things along, when he pulled out a 3 year SC pass of his own. So I didn't say anyng.

(is it just me or does anyone else notice that SLC SC often has long lines to check in?).
Old May 10, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by monkeshine
James Cromwell. Now he's not a name you may instantly recognize....snip....
If you like good acting and good movies, he is absolutely instantly recognizable! As a current topical reference, he played Prince Philip in The Queen.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:11 am

Not on DL, but saw Imelda Marcos in the Horizon Lounge in the Manila EDSA Shangri La last night. Still an impressive woman for 82 years old.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Bigpops
Not on DL, but saw Imelda Marcos in the Horizon Lounge in the Manila EDSA Shangri La last night. Still an impressive woman for 82 years old.
Buy enough shoes, get enough plastic surgery, and anyone can look impressive at just about any age.

Imelda Marcos bought so many shoes that the shoe manufacturers gave her frequent buyer points redeemable with any doctor, including psychiatrists and plastic surgeons, and she needed both of those! Didn't you know that they give out frequent buyer points to any one buyer of shoes who has bought more than 2,000 pairs of shoes in their lifetimes? Imelda had 3,000 pairs of shoes in her closet at the time of her husbands overthrow in 1986!
Old May 10, 2011, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Bigpops
And I am guessing she has an impressive shoe collection still....
Old May 10, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Juan Williams.

Just held the door open at the SLC SC for an exasperated looking Juan Williams (TV commentator who was controversially fired from NPR over an edgy and blunt (hmmm is that an oxymoron?) but relatively benign n the and scheme of things comment about his fears of a certain ethnicity when spotted on airlines, so it's doubly topical. Now he has expanded duties on Fox News (personal politics aside)).
Old May 10, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Sat across the isle from Cee Lo Green this past Sunday morning ATL-LAX
Old May 10, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
And I am guessing she has an impressive shoe collection still....
Funny thing is that according to the locals she states she has no money.... Yea Right... She is currently a legislator in the Philippine gov't....

No money is probably a relevant term. No money to her is probably a different amout than no money to you and I.
Old May 11, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Plat, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by USirritated
I'm actually surprised that they would publicly announce a celebrity's full name over the PA. When I have been called by PA to make my flights, they only use my last name, not my full name, such as "Fort Lauderdale passenger irritated, please report to gate B16 for final boarding."
That must depend on the location.... when they page me at CHA it's always "Delta paging passenger Bisch, The Bisch, please report to gate 5 for final boarding".

On another note, all the time I spend in SCs and I never see any celebrities... what's up with this?
Old May 11, 2011, 9:19 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Not really celebrities but Politicians.

Twice in the past few weeks I have run into Norm Coleman (Senator who lost election to Al Franken) going to New York (once at JFK and once on flight to LGA).

Earlier this year was on a little CRJ from TN and ran into my own congressman John Kline who was traveling with his wife.

I was impressed/amused when he order a drink and instead of playing the DYKWIA card, he simply pulled out his "Have one on us" coupon from boarding pass.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by estedman
Sat across the isle from Cee Lo Green this past Sunday morning ATL-LAX
The 8-year old in me would have been tempted to look at him and say, "Hey! F--- you!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.