Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:43 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM/SM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
I enjoyed the previous thread mentioned above, so if we are going to roll with this one....

MCO CRC Ted Nugent, at the desk asking for a free upgrade to FC, They called down to the gate for him and he was told to purchase a StandBy Upgrade at the gate, which he did. (MCO-ATL 777 flight June).

Hulk Hogan and his son sat right in front of me DFW-LAX last month, Hulk is huge in person and did not recline his seat at all during the flight!
Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:53 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
wasn't on my flight, but paul schafer was once on the first class line in front of me.

3 years ago spotted adam sandler on a flight.

Years ago i was on a twa flight with both hugh downs and rodney dangerfield.

Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Meatloaf in B/E a few weeks ago LAX-JFK.</font>
I had Meatloaf on a JFK/LHR flight back in 1972! Or was it '77?

[This message has been edited by FoPAA (edited 07-17-2003).]
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FoPAA:
[B] I had Meatloaf on a JFK/LHR flight back in 1972! Or was it '77?B]</font>
Same recipe, same stock in 2003!
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:42 pm

Location: Friday Harbor, WA - DL Platinum, CO Platinum, MR Platinum, HH Gold
I saw Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the MCO CRC a few months ago. I couldn't believe how tall he was!
Old Jul 17, 2003, 2:15 pm

Atlanta airport, flight to FLL.

Randy Johnson, pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks was leaving Atlanta where the team was playing to head to Miami for a series starting the next day. As I understand now, they send the next day's starting pitcher to the city one day early.

Anyway, little kid came up and asked for an autograph, Randy ignored him. Got up to the agent to board the plane and the ticket scanned selected him for random security. He wasn't happy.

Me personally, I thought it was funny. Wonder if he signed the autograph while he was being wanded?
Old Jul 17, 2003, 3:20 pm

Della Reese on a morning flight from LAX to SLC--apparently commuting to the set of "Touched By An Angel." She appeared just as she did on the series, and, when greeted at the ramp by her TBAA "handler," she responded "Hello, baby."
Old Jul 17, 2003, 3:32 pm

May be off topic, but how can you guarantee the seat next to you will not be taken? Even if you buy it, 10 minutes or so before the flight it becomes a no-show and is up for grabs on upgrades and what not. How do they do it?
Old Jul 17, 2003, 3:39 pm
rwl

I sat next to Sherman Hemsley (George Jefferson) on an ATL-ELP a few months back. I didn't let on that I knew he was a celebrity ... just interacted with him like any other fellow traveler. He played the part (just any other airline passenger) as well ... pleasant person. I must confess that I did want to ask him how "Weezie" had been doing.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 3:54 pm
Gui

Violation of TOS relating to offensive language.
Message deleted.
Obscure2k Moderator
Rssrsvp Moderator

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 07-17-2003).]

Old Jul 17, 2003, 4:35 pm
rwl

Violation of TOS. Message deleted by
Moderators.
Rssrsvp
Obscure2k

Old Jul 17, 2003, 5:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NOLA:
May be off topic, but how can you guarantee the seat next to you will not be taken? Even if you buy it, 10 minutes or so before the flight it becomes a no-show and is up for grabs on upgrades and what not. How do they do it?</font>

I think you can buy an extra seat where it wouldn't come up as a no-show seat (i.e. when an obese person buys an extra seat).
Old Jul 17, 2003, 6:11 pm

Profanity deleted.
Obscure2k Moderator
Rssrsvp Moderator
I couldn't agree more. Usually it's one of the moderbators that jumps in and says topics/posts are off the mark, I never understood why they felt forced to read things they don't want to read.

Old Jul 17, 2003, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.2MM
A number of years ago MCO to FLL waiting for connecting passengers I had first to my self. Then just before doors were to close Ringo Starr and his All Star band came aboard. Ringo argued with his son for the short flight.I had a great conversation with Joe Walsh, great guitarist and very interestig person.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 7:30 pm

A number of years ago, I flew from CVG to ALB in FC. There was another person in FC who was being asked for his autograph. He willingly supplied it to all who asked. Finally I asked the FA who he was. She said "Why thats Mr. Whipple of PLEASE DON'T SQUEEZE THE CHARMIN fame" I got a big laugh out of it.
I Also flew with Rik Flair, a popular pro wrestler at the time. He had 1B, and I had 1A. We were flying to ATL from PDX. He was going on to Shreveport, LA. While still at the gate, he brought out pro wrestling magazines that had pictures and articles featuring himself, which he showed to all the FA's. We didn't talk long, because he had been partying all night, and slept 90% of the flight. He did complain during the taxi time, before takeoff, about how crowded first class is now that they allow frequent fliers to upgrade. He was quite annoyed about the lack of prestige associated with first class. This was during the early years of frequent flier programs. I did not tell him I was upraded!

------------------
Richard Laakso PM 2.8MM Starwood platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.