Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2003, 7:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rlaakso:

I Also flew with Rik Flair, a popular pro wrestler at the time... He did complain during the taxi time, before takeoff, about how crowded first class is now that they allow frequent fliers to upgrade...I did not tell him I was upraded!

</font>
Didn't want Ricky Boy to try the ole "Clothes Line" on you, or heaven forbid...a Body Slam

Old Jul 17, 2003, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
This past Sunday, sat next to Eddie George between BNA and ATL. He kindly signed two autographs and THANKED ME.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 9:58 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Joe Namath sat behind me last Friday from CVG-PBI. I sometimes am on the same plane as Charles Barclay from PHL-ATL. Gary Carter was on the ATL-LAX flight on July 4. I used to fly in FC with Nancy Kerrigan and her parents about 8 or 10 years ago from BOS-MCO about once a month. Goldberg, the wrestler, from PHL-YYZ a number of years ago.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:23 pm

Wayne Brady in MCO DL Terminal twice recently.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 4:44 am
In Memoriam

Wally Schirar (Mercury Seven Astronaut)and I was impressed. Really nice guy, had a few drinks with he and his wife in the Crown Room, violated all of the rules and got a picture of he and I.

[This message has been edited by underpressure (edited 07-18-2003).]
Old Jul 18, 2003, 5:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by the wide chair:

I think you can buy an extra seat where it wouldn't come up as a no-show seat (i.e. when an obese person buys an extra seat).
</font>
There is a way to do this - I've not done it, tho. Can you get miles for both seats?

My only notable sighting lately was Greg Kinnear (sp?) at JFK CRC near gate 6. Seemed like a pretty chill guy.

Old Jul 18, 2003, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
Holy sh!t. What the .....?

I wonder how long 'til my post gets edited
</font>
C'mon folks.

If you'd like to comment on moderating, there are a few venues for doing so without distracting the Delta board discussion from miles and points.

You can:
  • Email the moderators. We all publish our e-mail addresses, and the list of the four of us is on the top of the thread listing.
  • Post your complaint in Randy's forum. He chartered the moderators and we continue to be answerable to him. If we are being unreasonable, he can intercede on your behalf. It's his board and he wants to see it run as well as possible, with as much value to members as possible -- so if you have a valid complaint about how moderators are taking away value rather than adding value, he will no doubt be receptive.
  • You can also email Randy directly. He publishes his email address in his profile.

But let's not detract from real conversations about Delta by hijacking threads.

I hope that's the last word on the subject in this thread.

Thanks for listening!

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 07-18-2003).]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:05 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

If code-shares count for celebrity sightings--than I have to say that I was pretty dazzled sitting a couple of row from Yves St. Laurent on an Air France flight,

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 07-19-2003).]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:10 pm

Al Roker from the Today Show about a month ago from LGA to ATL

------------------
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wandoctor:
Al Roker from the Today Show about a month ago from LGA to ATL

</font>
wandadoctor Welcome to Flyertalk and the Delta Board. We look forward to your continuing participation.

Old Jul 20, 2003, 5:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Gary Cooper and his wife sat across the aisle from me on an ATL to LAX flight. I did not bother them.

Also, sat next to an original Inkspot who was off to a riverboat gig. He gave he a signed photo. Oh, he had special permission to keep his oversized guitar case in the cabin.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 7:26 am

Programs: 9th Year DL PM, Priority Club Plat, Intercon Plat Royal Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres. Cir
Diamond Dallas Page from LGA to ATL; 'bout 2 weeks ago.

Patti LaBelle from Atl to SFO last month. She had her own publicist and made sure that all the FAs and Pilots had signed autographs. Very class act. . .
Old Jul 21, 2003, 7:50 am

Flew last Aug. from LAX to TPA on a redeye and while in the gate area Debbie Reynolds strolled in and took a seat to wait for boarding. The first thing one notices is how very tiny she is. She was gracious to all who approached her, signing autographs, and she listened politely to those who wanted to converse with her and/or praise her career. She had injured her heal during a performance and was walking gingerly with the help of one crutch under her arm. Her assistant was with her, who was a dead ringer for Heather McCartney. Once seated in FC, the Capt. of the flight came out to say something like, "We often have celebrities onboard when we fly to and from L.A., but seldom do we see one of your stature. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your flight. If you need anything please just let our flight attendants know." She replied how nice, etc., and all through the flight you'd really now even know she was onboard. She was dressed all in black, very well groomed, and not flashy at all, almost as if to not bring attention to herself. At baggage claim she had two pieces of luggage, both of which looked pretty road weary, and surprising, very old. Each clearly had her name labelled just like any of us do. She was very charming, quiet, yet totally approachable. Also, once saw the late Vincent Price on an Alaska Airlines flight from Juneau to Seattle. He was totally charming and a class act. Saw Larry King in FC last year from LAX to ATL, and he did not reply when greeted.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Johnnie Cochran in ATL CRC and A Concourse food court..Jimmy Carter ATL-SLC and Pete Rose ATL-FLL......................

but has anyone ever seen Leo Mullin on a flight or in the terminal...it would be a fascinating discussion if all of a sudden Leo sits down right next to you in First !!
Old Jul 24, 2003, 6:48 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
Just a quick note to echo Debbie Reynolds; the vocal band I work for and with has performed with her before, and she is the MOST gracious of ladies...warm and giving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.