Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2004, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
NY Daily News and syndicated columist Mike Lupica, probably more famous for ESPN's The Sports Reporters, CVG-IND on Friday night. We spoke for a few seconds, seemed like a nice guy. I noticed that he didn't board with the Medallions. He said that he was coming from Bentonville I am not sure if he is working on a Mark Martin story or a Wal-Mart ad.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:07 am
AMA

Several yrs ago:

* Rode elavator to Crown Club with Lou Rawls, all decked out in BIG shades & sweats, plus his 'muscle'...couldn't recognize him at all, but when he spoke, there could only be one person with that voice...

* one time, waiting around to board LGA to ATL, in those days, i used to wait till the bitter end, be amongst last to board, etc, noticed a couple guys, looked like Delta types following me down the chute, they had 'gizmos' in their ears, i thought it was some sort of new Delta gadget...well, as i sat down in FC, guy next to me asks, 'Did you see him?'...'see WHO'...'bout that time Jimmy Carter come up front from shaking hands in coach, sits right in front of me, next to him was Secret Service guy. I'd wondered why my upgrade didn't clear till last minute, later figured out they were screening all FC. I probably ended up directly behind him cuz i'd recently had a DOE 'Q' clearance, so probably checked out most secure in FC.

Interesting that when i went to bathroom at front of plane, SS goons were eyeballing everybody head to toe. And, of course, when the plane landed, they had Carter off the plane in record time.

* Never know who'll you'll see in coach - from my lofty post in FC on some sort of small plane, i did a segment into DFW right in front of Huey Lewis, who had a couple of seats to himself at the front of coach. This was back when he was at the top, touring a bunch, and he'd finished a concert the night before in the city I was in. He slept the entire flight...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:44 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Once spotted Ed McMahon in the customs line at ATL, re-entering the U.S., and long ago, saw Sparky Anderson (manager of the Cincinnati Reds) sitting alone and somehow forlorn-looking in the "C" concourse at CVG.

Last week, I shared a CRC with a woman who had just written a book and was headed to NYC for the launch party. I'd never heard of her, and her book is some working women's productivity thing, which seems kind of dime-a-dozen, but Kelly Ripa was talking about the book and the launch party that night with Regis on TV while we were in the CRC together, so that's almost famous, if not quite.

Unfortunately, I was not flying during my own 15 minutes of fame, or I'd be able to add a self-sighting to the list.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 12:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
on a abq-okc flight i flew with matt hoffman of playstation 2 "Matt Hoffman Pro BMX 1 and 2", and extreme sports acclaim. i was on my way to afghanistan and he was on his way to okc to visit family. super nice guy and down to earth for someone so popular in the "extreme" sports world. his house and family was just featured on MTV's "Cribs".
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:02 pm

This morning, my husband was on DL 1735 ATL-ORD and noticed Leo Mullin board, and sit in a bulkhead coach seat. He did have someone from Delta assist him both getting on and off the flight, and with his luggage in the overhead, but my husband didn't see anyone else pay any particular 'special' attention to him in flight.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerwife
This morning, my husband was on DL 1735 ATL-ORD and noticed Leo Mullin board, and sit in a bulkhead coach seat. He did have someone from Delta assist him both getting on and off the flight, and with his luggage in the overhead, but my husband didn't see anyone else pay any particular 'special' attention to him in flight.
Does the man have trouble walking? Coach, wow, I am stunned. I was also told from some seemingly reliable F/A's that he generally flies with his bodyguards.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:20 pm

When I say 'assist', I mean more in the 'let me make things easier for you' manner than I do in physically assisting him. The individuals who helped him appeared to be employees in blue blazers, and to my husband's knowledge, did not accompany him on the flight. But yes, it was coach. (Apparently, my husband isn't the ONLY one who doesn't get upgrades anymore! )
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:24 pm

Not a flight, but President and Mrs. Carter were in the A Crown Room in Atlanta last Friday.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:25 pm

Saw sophia loren from a return flight to switzerland. Didn't pay attention to her. A Real mean person.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: 9th Year DL PM, Priority Club Plat, Intercon Plat Royal Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres. Cir
Saw Max Cleland (out of ATL) on a couple of flights, and Patti LaBelle on a flight from LGA to ATL. . .she's still gorgeous after all these years. Real pain in the a** from guests in coach coming up and asking for autograph. . .

BRING BACK THE CURTAIN!!
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:05 pm

Goldberg (The wrestler) when he was "big" back in the late 90s. He is one short dude.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by roadworrier

BRING BACK THE CURTAIN!!
No kidding!

This is one of the things I most lament the loss of in the first class service.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 7:25 pm

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
This past Sunday 10 Oct - Vernon Jordan and Dominique Wilkins in F. ATL - DCA
Old Oct 11, 2004, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Does the man have trouble walking? Coach, wow, I am stunned. I was also told from some seemingly reliable F/A's that he generally flies with his bodyguards.
Nah. I flew in first class on a ATL-LGA segment and he sat with his wife. I didn't even recognise him until the flight attendant asked for an autograph, which I thought was tacky. So he just smiled, and we had a chat about the AmEx/Delta relationship.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 5:36 am

Programs: DL PM, HH DIA, Hertz 5 star
I saw Terry Tate in the Atlanta airport a month ago getting on a flight to Nashville. For all of you who don't know, he is the one that does the "Office Linebacker" commercials for Reebok. They are funny, wish they would do more.

Here is a link to some of the spots. Pretty funny.

http://www.milkandcookies.com/keywords/terrytate/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.