Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:01 pm

Sat across the aisle from Barbara Jordan in first on a DCA/DFW flight about 8 years ago.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 8:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sidecarr:
Sat across the aisle from Barbara Jordan in first on a DCA/DFW flight about 8 years ago.</font>
What a privledge! How did you contain yourself? :-)

Old Dec 10, 2002, 12:49 pm

Usher was on my flight on Saturday, December 7 (ATL-LAX). He seemed very friendly and signed some autographs, smiling the whole time. Many people around me didn't know who he was, but all of the young people on the plane did!
Old Dec 10, 2002, 12:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATLpax:

Usher was on my flight on Saturday, December 7 (ATL-LAX). He seemed very friendly and signed some autographs, smiling the whole time. Many people around me didn't know who he was, but all of the young people on the plane did!
</font>
I'll bite. Who is he???

Old Dec 10, 2002, 1:14 pm

He's an R&B/hip-hop recording artist (Arista) with several hits and big on MTV. I believe he's dating "Chili" from TLC (the band that Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was in). All of my coworkers are 20-somethings, which is how I'm up on all of this info...
Old Dec 10, 2002, 1:18 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PIONEER:
I'll bite. Who is he???

</font>
http://www.usherworld.com/

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
http://www.biztrip.com
Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:15 pm

Carol Burnett, big sunglasses, woolen hat pulled well over her skull, en route to Telluride.

Alan Alda, nice sweater, going to NYC.

Hal Holbrook, classic raincoat, LAX terminal.

Maggie Smith, bearing sable, JFK terminal.

Junior Seau & lovely wife, waiting to return to SAN from LAS.

Sam Donaldson, donning is more natural-looking grey toupe, in FCA terminal.

Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Morgan Fairchild, JFK-LAX in B/E. She looked lovely.

On the red-eye return, I slept with a stage actor who was in the original B'way cast of Cats, and starred as the Engineer in Miss Saigon. His name is Herman Sebek. Very nice guy who entertained my multitude of questions about his career (until airborne), and actually seemed equally interested in mine! (no doubt he was practicing his acting)
Old Dec 10, 2002, 2:51 pm

Location: Atlanta - DL DM - 3M+/Hyatt Globalist/Hilton Diamond/Marriott LT Gold
Jaclyn Smith
Bruce Hornsby
Terry Bradshaw
Andrew Young
Chris Miller (QB)
Andy Benes
Al Gore
Robert Wagner
George Schultz
Robin Gibb (or someone who looks like him but that was on Singapore Airlines, anyway)

Old Dec 10, 2002, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Massachusetts governor-elect and former Winter Olympics chairman Mitt Romney on a BOS-ATL flight.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 4:42 pm

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
On the red-eye return, I slept with a stage actor who was in the original B'way cast of Cats, and starred as the Engineer in Miss Saigon.</font>
You got to know each other REAL QUICK!!
Old Dec 10, 2002, 5:33 pm

I was in the back of coach on an MD-88 from TPA to ATL. Tony Dungy (former coach of the bucs) was sitting in the back. He made the comment of "You know how much those seats up front cost?" and everyone laughed.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 9:37 pm

Dr. Henry Lee.
I actually got to look over his shoulder at his notes. Probably shouldn't have but I couldn't help it. I had to assume he was on his way to go over a case because of what I gathered.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 6:46 am
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
During the height of the 2000 campaign, I sat across the aisle on a Delta Shuttle flight from LGA-DCA from the man who is perhaps most responsible for W's accession to the Presidency: Ralph Nader. He had one aide with him and was reading newspaper after newspaper, circling stories.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 12:38 pm

How many times have I said I never get to sit next to a pretty girl on my flights!

Well a couple of years ago returning from LA to FLL the FA asked if I didn¡¦t mind changing seats so someone could sit with their wife. I of course said fine and what a lucky decision that turned out to be. The new vacant seat was next to this beautiful woman who was in the movies, but I can¡¦t remember her name (sorry!). Anyway she was very nice and we chatted most of the way to TPA (intermediate stop). On re-boarding in TPA we sat down again in the same seats, but my seat was now assigned to someone else. When this person arrived and asked about their seat, the FA quickly intervened and asked them to take another seat. The time flew on that trip! ƒº

OK, I also sat across the isle from Desmond Tutu once on the way to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.