Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
I swear I saw Peter Postlewaite (sp?) (the guy from the Usual Suspects and Babe) on ATL - Orlando last Tuesday morning. If it wasn't him it was his doppleganger.
Old May 13, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: DL GM, Avis 1stPreferred, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Pro Wrestlers

Tatanka, Kip Sopp a.k.a. Billy Gunn a.k.a. Rockabilly a.k.a. Billy G. a.k.a. The Outlaw a.k.a. The G-Man a.k.a. Kip James, AND The Mighty Heinrich. All professional wrestlers. All crammed into a tiny CRJ, DTW-MBS, 4/25 (WOW!).
Old May 15, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM/CRC, MarriottGold
My best celeb sighting ever

May 2nd Flight 1128 from LAX to SLC: David Beckham and the LA Galaxy team. (I don't think it's right the way airline/airport personnel, including the TSA accost celebs.....)
Old May 21, 2008, 9:13 pm

Not sure how popular they are, but they do have a video on CMT apparently.

Whiskey Falls was on my SMF-ATL flight today.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by AAPlatRN
May 2nd Flight 1128 from LAX to SLC: David Beckham and the LA Galaxy team. (I don't think it's right the way airline/airport personnel, including the TSA accost celebs.....)
I had a friend who worked the front desk of a hotel close to a music venue. She said they had VERY strict policies about acceptable interactions with artists. No autographs, no telling friends anything, etc. Working TSA at LAX i'm sure they see all kinds of celebrities (and probably outside the airport a lot too...stars have a life also) so it is very unprofessional to use their position to do that.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:12 pm

Former Arkansas governor and Republican presidential candidate in the LGA CRC right now. I can't imagine he's too popular around here though
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Charles Barkley in F on a flight from PHX to ATL last year for TNT NBA broadcast. Boarded last wearing a white baseball cap. Captain came back and said "Sir Charles, welcome".

Don King in ATL being driven on an electric cart.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Back in April on a JAX to ATL segment, gave my wife the V upgrade and sat back in her seat. She sat next to Johnny Van Zant of Lyndyrd Skynyrd. He introduced himself to me when we landed and were disembarking. Nice guy.

Just flew out on Saturday, 5/31 from GNV to ATL with band members of Molly Hatchet. They must have played in the area that weekend.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM
A couple weeks ago: Jamie Lee Curtis in Atlanta down at the train to go to the concourses after making it through security. She's published photos and done interviews without makeup and retouching, and it was nice to see that she looked the same in real life. She had a young woman with her (daughter? assistant?) and was chatting pleasantly with another older woman. Only when the older woman stayed on the train when JLC got off at B did I realize that the older woman must have been a fan and not traveling with her.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
I just flew in from NYC (LGA-MSY, DL1453) this morning and LL Cool J was on my flight in FC with me. He's in town for the Essence Festival (as he's performing) and was with his wife.

I seriously thought of getting a autograph or a pic but he snoozed most of the way with a blanket over his head.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:01 pm

Attention in the concourse....Paris Hilton was spotted at the Quiznos in CVG before boarding her flight to TYS. What?? no private jet??
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL GM
What's in TYS? I know it's Knoxville, but what's up with that?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by GivenRandy
Good question. I'm still trying to figure why she flew from MEM to CVG to TYS.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by GivenRandy
Maybe she is a huge University of Tennessee Fan? Also people who fly into TYS may be going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville. Perhaps she does her outlet shopping there!
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by OHDL1
Good question. I'm still trying to figure why she flew from MEM to CVG to TYS.
Maybe a closet MR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.