Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2008, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Playsmart
BeetleJuice from the howard Stern show on DL 107 JFK-SEA 2/14/08
You are so lucky to have been on the plane....was he wasted like usual? Did he soil his pants?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:17 am

Programs: DM
I'm not sure if you would consider him a celebrity but I sat next to "Jim" (Bowden) from the Washington Nationals out of Nashville (both of us in coach NO UPGRADES!!) after the winter meetings las December. What a nice guy!!!! He was speaking to someone from another team in a language all of their own. It was pretty cool, especially since my team ( World Champion RED SOX ) were in the headlines. I also was able to teach him about the best baseball rumor sight (mlbtraderumors.com).
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL3MM,"Lifetime" GM,FC; Marriott PLT Emeritus; Hertz 5*, Retired USAF Fighter Pilot
Tony Snow (former Bush 43 press secretary and currrent speaker & radio personality) on 459 DCA/ATL on Feb 17. He had given a speech in DC. Managed to have a 10 min conversation prior to boarding. Extremely nice & polite man with some opinions that I just happen to share...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Former congressman Mark Foley was on my PBI-ATL flight on Monday 3/3. In coach, by himself.
It did not seem like he was used to flying on commercial planes.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
In my years at UF, several times I found myself on the same GNV-ATL flight as Steve Spurrier and Billy Donovan. Back then there were only 2 ways out of town: DL to ATL and US to CLT, all on RJs or props, so it was pretty easy to bump into someone you knew or recognized.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, CO Platinum, PLAT AMEX
Me On Lax - Atl Flight On March 8th 4d
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
I stood in the First Class Check in line at SLC this last Sunday evening with Henry Winkler. I didn't realize that the Fonz was as short as he was. He was there with his family, so I didn't bother him.

swps
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
About a week and half or so I was at LAX waiting on a redeye back to CVG and one of my friends that was on the ATL redeye was busy pointing out celebrities to me and a few of our other friends...Joey Fatone from 'N Sync was one of them as well as some soap actress from Days of Our Lives (she was sitting at a table by the bar by 54B; they tried to have me sit down at her since I could go into the bar but they couldn't for reasons I won't say here - they are 21+ though...) but I thought it would be awkward for me to sit down at a table with this girl that I didn't know when there were plenty of other tables and seats at the bar open.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by swps
I stood in the First Class Check in line at SLC this last Sunday evening with Henry Winkler. I didn't realize that the Fonz was as short as he was.
He’s 5’ 6” but somehow looked taller when he was “Jumping The Shark”.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Flying from LA, I often see celebrities but have never posted on here.

On ATL-LGA yesterday, Joe Theismann was across the aisle from me in F. He was dressed in Levi's Jeans and a Mizuno (the sports brand) turtleneck.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1 MM, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
Sat with Johnny Miller (former pro golfer, now golf broadcaster) today (3/7/08) at gate C12 at SLC. He was headed to Tampa to work the weekend broadcast at the PODS Championship. Said he wasn't looking forward to it....forecast for rain.

I believe he lives in the SLC area.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Silver, BMI Blue Plus, PriorityClub, Trip Rewards, Marriott
Robert Redford last month travelling JFK/SLC sitting across the aisle from moi.

He is still well scrummy for a wrinkly
Old Mar 8, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Andre from Outkast on DFW-ATL last night.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, AGR, Delta Silver
Delta Shuttle always has someone famous on the plane. I've seen Don Cheadle(sp?), Joe Theisman, Wolf Blitzer and a bunch of politicians. Unfortunately I have yet to see any B or C celebrities, which would make my day.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by mersk862
they couldn't for reasons I won't say here - they are 21+ though...)
I never understood why concealed firearms are not allowed in bars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.