Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Meryl Streep on LAX-JFK 757 in early March, two rows ahead of me in Business. She pretty much read the NY Times and a thick hardcover all the way to JFK.....was very pleasant and smiley with all around her and thanked the FAs at the end of the flight. She looked remarkably good (in a natural way) and not at all like someone almost pushing 60...
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:10 pm

I had a conversation with McLovin from "Superbad" today along with Hank Azaria...

"I am McLovin."

They were traveling to ATL...
Old Apr 4, 2008, 9:51 pm

Bryant & Mrs. Gumbel in the PBI CRC and then on DL 1822 PBI-LGA this evening.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:37 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by DLBeno
I had a conversation with McLovin from "Superbad" today along with Hank Azaria...

"I am McLovin."

They were traveling to ATL...
McLovin (Chris) is my wife's nephew. He and Azaria have been bouncing around working on a Harold Ramis film, "Year One". It's some sort of history of mankind thing, with Jack Black as the lead. I think they were on location in Shreveport and New Mexico in the last month.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Craig6z
McLovin (Chris) is my wife's nephew. He and Azaria have been bouncing around working on a Harold Ramis film, "Year One". It's some sort of history of mankind thing, with Jack Black as the lead. I think they were on location in Shreveport and New Mexico in the last month.
I would think that Azaria would be a blast to hang around with. He seems very funny.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I would think that Azaria would be a blast to hang around with. He seems very funny.
He was really nice and signed his boarding pass as did Mintzplasse (McLovin')...they were hanging out at the gate, engaging with people and the like. Very down-to-earth types of people.

-b-
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Craig6z
McLovin (Chris) is my wife's nephew.

WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIM YOUR NEPHEW TOO?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:24 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by lls138
WOULDN'T THAT MAKE HIM YOUR NEPHEW TOO?
Yes, I guess so . Was trying to point out that Chris comes from my wife's side of the marriage.

In regards to he being down-to-earth, he is a pretty good-natured kid. However success out of nowhere has hardened him somewhat. He's constantly complaining about the loss of privacy, because of being recognized everywhere. I think he's built up a defense mechanism that didn't exist two years ago. However I'm pleased (and his parents would be also) that he was pleasant. Chris absolutely realizes that he's lucky as h3ll.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat.
In the CRC A17 in ATL...Little Richard just went passed, being pushed in a wheel chair, but as I would have expected...floating on a cloud. He was chatting it up with everyone he passed.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Robert Redford at JFK yesterday througth biz elite section. I guess he is one celeb that didn't have any facial work done. He looks really old.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Chris Noth (of Law & Order and Sex & the City fame) at LAX CRC yesterday around noon.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PL Elite, National Car Executive Elite, Hilton Silver, enrolled in all others
Liza Minelli

Saw Liza about 8 months ago on a LGA-TPA - noticed her in the CRC with her assistant. One CRC member got star-struck as it were and asked for autographs. I was watching the World Series. She obliged with the autographs, he went back to his seat, then 15 mins later came back and asked for more sutographs. She politley declined, and said, "I think I've signed already what you wanted." He kept bugging her, then I stood up and said, "Sir, obviously the lady doesn't want to be bothered." She sat in First on the flight and when her agent met her in TPA, she asked for my name and got me tickets to her show. Couldn't make the show, but, boy, she had lots of wine!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:22 pm

I saw Dan Reeves in A concourse at ATL a couple Sundays ago, don't think that counts though
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:44 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by smfoy
Saw Liza about 8 months ago on a LGA-TPA - noticed her in the CRC with her assistant. One CRC member got star-struck as it were and asked for autographs. I was watching the World Series. She obliged with the autographs, he went back to his seat, then 15 mins later came back and asked for more sutographs. She politley declined, and said, "I think I've signed already what you wanted." He kept bugging her, then I stood up and said, "Sir, obviously the lady doesn't want to be bothered." She sat in First on the flight and when her agent met her in TPA, she asked for my name and got me tickets to her show. Couldn't make the show, but, boy, she had lots of wine!
Liza's fabulous! Nice of you to politely intervene on her behalf. I always feel somewhat bad even looking at celebs for long enough to confirm that they are who they are--they've got a right to be let alone just like everyone else. I always hope nobody bothers them.
Old May 12, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Peter Fonda DL 152 LAX to ATL on Saturday, May 10, seated in 1D. Very quiet, very to himself and very much in lower back pain it seemed walking down the jetway. I've seen Henry Fonda walk faster and more agile than did Peter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.