Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Mike Golic of ESPN on BDL to DTW. He was heading to Notre Dame to watch his son play football. He is a big guy and was crammed into the crappy little plane we were on (can't remember maybe a CRJ?). He was super nice and I chatted with him for some time. The best part was that our FA was super serious about safety and actually went around tightening people's seatbelts and ensuring they were properly positioned along with his. Then later she about tossed me off the plane when I stood up to get a drink cert from my bag when she was starting the beverage service because the seat belt sign was on.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: DELTA
Taylor Hicks @ SEA SC

Taylor Hicks and his band kicked back yesterday at the SEA SC... in the conference room. I understand he offered to help clear the glasses and dishes himself. Very down to earth! :-)
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
And aren't you in Dubai?
Nope...would love to visit though...
Old May 1, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Burj
Nope...would love to visit though...
That was a joke, the world's tallest building is in Dubai, first known as the Burj Dubai, but renamed Burj Khalifa.
Old May 1, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jtrue28
I wonder if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad got that treatment when he came over to speak at Columbia University in 2007. I have a feeling none of th SS would take a bullet for that SOB.
Yep all visiting heads of state are entitled to SS protection while in the US. It would be a major political disaster if something where allowed to happen, even with it being a country we have no relations with. They may not like the idea, but they are prepared to give their life in these cases.
Old May 1, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PM
Reggie Miller, ATL to IND Friday.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, National EE
Sharon Lawrence (NYPD Blue, among others) sitting in 4B on LAX-ATL 1454 on Sunday night. Very casual, very quiet. Thought she looked familiar, but didn't come up with the name until I saw her meet the limo driver at ATL baggage claim.
Old May 2, 2011, 12:58 pm

Joe Namath, wearing a Jets hat, Wednesday FLL to LGA.
Old May 2, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Nameth

Originally Posted by OlderGeek
Joe Namath, wearing a Jets hat, Wednesday FLL to LGA.
Two questions:
1. Did he get the PFB?
2. Did he try to kiss the FA?
Old May 2, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry.... NAMATH

Wrong spelling on Joe.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Not too many sit next to the same famous guy 3 times over the years, but I sat once again with Frank Abignal, the catch me if you can dude...
Old May 3, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by thomas hudson
not too many sit next to the same famous guy 3 times over the years, but i sat once again with frank abignal, the catch me if you can dude...
you caught him!!!!!!
Old May 3, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Not too many sit next to the same famous guy 3 times over the years, but I sat once again with Frank Abignal, the catch me if you can dude...
Did you ask him if he likes his new Broadway musical?
Old May 9, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Cuba Gooding, Jr. missing his LAX-ATL flight?

I'm sitting in the LAX Sky Club right now and the following was announced over the PA system:
"Atlanta passenger Cuba Gooding Jr. please report to the gate for final boarding."
Old May 9, 2011, 8:56 am
Suspended

Celebs on DL

Originally Posted by Cholula
Recently, Jay Leno was on one of my DL flights. Actually, that's the third time he has been on one of my flights. He has always traveled by himself and evidently buys the FC seat next to him as it's always empty. I have also recently seen Howie Mandel, Jerry Lewis and Pat Riley. A few years back, I actually sat next to Mickey Mantle and a few years later, the FC cabin was just me and the Utah Jazz BB team on a SLC/ORD flight. In the past I have also flown with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Loretta Young , Vic Damone and Dihann Carrol...names that some in my age group might be familiar with.
Actually, Mrs. Cholula is the family expert at celebrity sighting. Many times when we board a plane, she'll say " Hey, isn't that so and so?" and I wouldn't have even noticed them. Makes me wonder how many I've missed over the years..
Anyway, I was wondering if others on this board have had any recent celebrity sightings??
Wow. Last week I did PDX, SLC, DTW, DCA, and ATL and I was not spotted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.