Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Harry Hamlin in the LAX Sky Club today around noon. He's not very tall.
He got shorter since his "celebrity" fell off!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
steve harvey (comedian) from LGA-ATL last sunday morning
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've logged several hundred Delta flights over the past couple of years, but celebrity sightings had eluded me until this afternoon.

Imagine my excitement, then, when I discovered Richard Simmons sitting near the gate in ROC awaiting Delta Connection flight 3846 to DTW. Apparently unfamiliar with the CRJ200, he exclaimed that he felt "like Tinkerbell" boarding such a small plane. Richard sat way in the back, but I could hear him up in row two throughout the flight. I even learned that there's a great recipe for chickpea-stuffed potatoes in this month's issue of Bon Appétit.

As we deplaned in DTW, Richard posed for a photo with his seatmate. He asked the woman who had just greeted him with a "SIMMONS" placard to take the picture, explaining that the (young, blonde, fairly hot) seatmate had "just been released from prison and was starting a new life."

Now that I've rubbed elbows with tabloid royalty (and an ex-con), I can't wait for my next Delta celebrity sighting.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by MS02113
I've logged several hundred Delta flights over the past couple of years, but celebrity sightings had eluded me until this afternoon.
Looks like he was in town for the "Lifespan Luncheon".

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...sey=nav%7Chead

"The almost 63-year-old Simmons had the hundreds in attendance up for some stretching and laughing at his antics."
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Cokie Roberts was in the SAN Sky Club bright and early this AM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Former Spanish Prime Minister Aznar and his son were sitting one row in front of me on a JFK-MAD flight. His two security detail were seated in the middle row parallel to me. A Porshe SUV picked them up when we landed and whisked them away. President Carter was on my flight from Birmingham to ATL. He boarded the plane last and then proceeded to shake everyone's hand on the plane with secret service in front and behind him. As soon as we landed, all passengers were instructed to remain seated until the President departed the plane (two black suburbans were waiting for him at the bottom of the jet bridge stairs).
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113

Imagine my excitement, then, when I discovered Richard Simmons sitting near the gate in ROC awaiting Delta Connection flight 3846 to DTW. Apparently unfamiliar with the CRJ200, he exclaimed that he felt "like Tinkerbell" boarding such a small plane. Richard sat way in the back, but I could hear him up in row two throughout the flight. I even learned that there's a great recipe for chickpea-stuffed potatoes in this month's issue of Bon Appétit.

As we deplaned in DTW, Richard posed for a photo with his seatmate. He asked the woman who had just greeted him with a "SIMMONS" placard to take the picture, explaining that the (young, blonde, fairly hot) seatmate had "just been released from prison and was starting a new life."

Now that I've rubbed elbows with tabloid royalty (and an ex-con), I can't wait for my next Delta celebrity sighting.

If you're ever in LA, he teaches an exercise class in Beverly Hills twice a week - for $12 you get the class, and he always hangs out afterwards for pictures and to talk to the people in the class. It's nuts, but really fun.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: DM MM
Cheech and Chong. DTW LAX 3/13/11
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Lemme guess:

Cheech spent the whole flight in the F bathroom, and Chong spent the whole flight in the Y bathroom.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by RoadGame
I was on a flight last year with Cheech, I think it was DTW-PVD, he was very personable, I did thank him for many laughs over the years.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I wasn't there, but some friends were at DTW earlier this week when Betty White passed thru; came into A and flew out of B. One even got a picture with her.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 8:54 pm

Glad to hear Tommy C. is out of jail.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by RoadGame
Hmm. They were on the Simpsons that night. Wonder if they were flying to Springfield for their guest spot?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Former Governor of West Virginia Bob Wise ATL-TLH last week. Not sure if that counts as a celebrity.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 10:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Penn & Teller JFK-LAS last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.