Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
After three years of insane domestic air travel, mostly in FC via DM upgrades, I saw my first recognizable "star" on DL: "Big Love Bill" Paxson going ATL - SRQ on 2/17 with his assistant. He was speaking at The Ringling College of the Art & Design as a visiting filmmaker. Of course, I never got a chance to speak to him from my missed-connection related middle seat in Row 35 (despite a paid F fare)!!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Avis First
Anderson Cooper was on my flight tonight (FL 3939 RIC - JFK). He seemed like a cool guy but it would have been awkward to talk to him as I was in 2B and he in 3A on a CR1. I believe I overheard him say he gave a speech somewhere in Richmond.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM HH Diamond SPG Gold Hyatt Plat
Edward Burns

Edward Burns and his supermodel wife Christy Turlington at C9 in SLC this morning. I am going out on a limb here but she doesn't look quite as "super" as she used to. Seemed like nice people though.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:57 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ZLCATC
Edward Burns and his supermodel wife Christy Turlington at C9 in SLC this morning. I am going out on a limb here but she doesn't look quite as "super" as she used to. Seemed like nice people though.
Most Super models don't look so great in everyday situations. My wife showed me some of those before and after pics - I wouldn't look twice at most of them if their not made up.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Saw Evander Holyfield AGAIN(the 2nd time) on my overnight LAS-ATL flight Sunday night.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
The Pawn Star guys were in the MSP F/G club a few minutes ago. I assume they are on my Vegas flight in a couple of hours.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Amex Delta Reserve + Platinum MR. Y, I book.
Today was my turn for celebrity sighting

Flight from Tampa FL to Atlanta GA at 2:30 - last minute arrivals for seats 1C and 1D. Hulk Hogan and his daughter Brooke. He is a massive human being. She is so pretty it hurt my eyes. ... of course, it could have been the sun glinting off her ultra-blonde locks.
Last on - last off from F/C. At least made eye contact with the gentleman - and he gave me that 'Quit staring at me' look ... lol
Nice Hulk. Sorry Hulk.
Last encounter with celebrity on a Delta flight was John Tesh years ago. He was on the phone with *someone named Connie - and called the hotel he stayed in Atlanta a 'skank' hotel .... maybe he said 'stank' ... but it really didn't fit his vocabulary at the time. He was heading to SFO from ATL on a nooner. Asked the little people for fresh batteries. they accomodated.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Star Alliance Gold/UA Premier Exec
This was months ago - December - but sat with Mariska Hegarty of Law & Order SVU, her son, and her former PA/friend in first from JFK to PHX. Prettier than on TV, and taller and broader.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
James Carville on DL 1325, MSY-LAX about a month ago, in 1A or 1C, boisterously chatting it up with the FAs and pax around him. Shy and in 3F, I didn't get to chat. My GF didn't know who he was and said "he wasn't cute, so who cares..."
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Usher and a bunch of other Grammy Award attendees on DL 80 the morning of Feb. 14.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by branman1986
Saw Evander Holyfield AGAIN(the 2nd time) on my overnight LAS-ATL flight Sunday night.
Hmmm. I've run into Mr. Holyfield twice, too. Might he be stalking us???? Nobody mentions running into any other celebrity twice, yet two of us have run into him twice. Very "coincidental" if you ask me. Too coincidental... (Sat next to him once. He pulled up next to me a few months later - top down so he could easily see me - rolled down his window and said something like, "Didn't I sit next to you on a plane? How are you doing?")
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I sat next to Donald Rumsfeld and his wife today on the flight LA. Pretty nice guy actually, he thanked several soldiers on the plane.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Kevin Love from the T-wolves before the all-star game, MSP to LA. some other ballplayers too, i don't follow nba.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by evoG
James Carville on DL 1325, MSY-LAX about a month ago, in 1A or 1C, boisterously chatting it up with the FAs and pax around him. Shy and in 3F, I didn't get to chat. My GF didn't know who he was and said "he wasn't cute, so who cares..."
I imagine Carville is a regular sight out of MSY. I saw him in the MSY SkyClub back in September, and then ended up across from the cajun in aisle 2 on the flight to ATL.

I almost died laughing to myself about what happened when he showed up. Random frat-star business man (with trophy wife in tow), who had already checked in to SC but left briefly for some reason and gets stopped briefly upon return, says something to to the SC agent who was checking in Carville, and ends it with "well, I just hope you're not a democrat like this guy (pointing to Carville next to him, jokingly)".......the ragin cajun was not amused. Random frat-star business man later apologized (erroneously, imho)......and ended up in row 3 on our flight, seated directly behind said cajun.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:53 pm
VOS

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I helped Joan Rivers put her bag in the overhead bin once on the way from LAX to JFK. I go to alot of Miami Hurricanes college football games and I sat next to Brad Nessler from ABC and Ivan Maisel from ESPN the next day after the games.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.