Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
"Big Daddy" Don Garlits (Drag Racing legend) last Friday, HPN to ATL.

Only good thing about being on that CRJ
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO PE
Cee-Lo Green, recent Grammy winner, in 1D on the 4772 LAX-PHX last week (March 2nd).

Mercifully, he was not wearing his Grammy costume in flight :-)

Deplaned first and was immediately met in the jetway by handlers/security on the PHX end.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:05 pm

Naveen Andrews

A little tardy on this but in June '09 spotted Naveen Andrews (Lost) w/then GF Barb Hershey on an LAX-LIH run in coach. He was a couple rows back and hunkered down (already a short guy), probably not wanting to be seen but I was wise to him. My kids were intrigued too as they are Lost fans as well. They were filming the last season of Lost on Oahu so I wondered why he was in coach going to Kauai. Met a Lost production guy on the beach in Maui later that said flights to Oahu were pretty full and he was probably catching what he could out to the islands.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Gold, *Wood Gold, Marriott
Shepard Smith on a EWR-MEM (probably headed to an Ol' Miss game) last fall. He looked like a college kid, baseball cap pulled low over his eyes, and I probably wouldn't have noticed him had he not cut ahead of me as we were boarding first class!

To be fair and balanced, flew LGA-MEM a few months ago with Soledad O'Brien who left her blackberry and iPad on the entire flight-take off and landing included! Drove me crazy.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Hmmm. I've run into Mr. Holyfield twice, too. Might he be stalking us???? Nobody mentions running into any other celebrity twice, yet two of us have run into him twice. Very "coincidental" if you ask me. Too coincidental... (Sat next to him once. He pulled up next to me a few months later - top down so he could easily see me - rolled down his window and said something like, "Didn't I sit next to you on a plane? How are you doing?")

Bizarre! Also noticeably absent was any sort of entourage...he seems like a super cool personable guy as the first encounter he was taking lots of pics and signing autographs for people. Second time he was just chilling by himself, talking on the phone before the flight. If i see him again, Im definitely going to talk to him
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:43 pm

Fiji trip

Back in 1994 or so went to Fiji by myself to do some scuba diving. Cathy Ireland, husband and child were sitting across from me on almost empty Air New Zealand flight with sports illustrated bag in hand. It was enjoyable
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:50 pm

LGA-BNA

Paul Schafer (Late Show)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I almost died laughing to myself about what happened when he showed up. Random frat-star business man (with trophy wife in tow), who had already checked in to SC but left briefly for some reason and gets stopped briefly upon return, says something to to the SC agent who was checking in Carville, and ends it with "well, I just hope you're not a democrat like this guy (pointing to Carville next to him, jokingly)".......the ragin cajun was not amused. Random frat-star business man later apologized (erroneously, imho)......and ended up in row 3 on our flight, seated directly behind said cajun.
James didn't care. He's going to make you think he's pissed.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:45 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by IBM_SWG
Sat next to Diamond Dallas Page on a flight from CVG to EWR on Jan 13th. Must have caught him on the way to LGA. He was the last FC person to board and he was talking on his mobile phone non-stop. In fact, I'm not sure the person on the end of the line had a chance to say a word...I mean he was talking non stop! Kept talking about some kid he had met recently in the mid-west who was a big fan of his, had made it to the HS wrestling state finals...and get this...didn't have any arms and legs.

Sat next to Lt. Gen Hal Moore last fall on a SFO to ATL. He was portrayed by Mel Gibson in the movie "We Were Soldiers."

I know this is an unbelievably old post, but I think that kid would have been Kyle Maynard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Maynard

http://www.uga.edu/gm/artman/publish/0412maynard.html
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley, on their way home from the NFL Combine, IND-MSP Flight #2746 on 1 MAR 11. Mr. Bradley sat next to me in F, Mr. Carroll across the aisle from him. They jotted plays most of the flight. Mr. Bradley told me about the Combine. Not a huge sports fan here, but it was pretty interesting to hear about it. Very, very nice guy.

I've now run into three major sports figures in the past year (Carroll, Holyfield, and Jordan - in a hotel) and it's pretty much wasted on me...

Originally Posted by branman1986
Bizarre! Also noticeably absent was any sort of entourage...he seems like a super cool personable guy as the first encounter he was taking lots of pics and signing autographs for people. Second time he was just chilling by himself, talking on the phone before the flight. If i see him again, Im definitely going to talk to him
Do talk to him. He is approachable, insightful and very chatty. He and I actually discussed the fact he travels by himself. Another major sports figure who is seeing financial distress had called him and asked him how he travels alone, because the other celeb was facing his first trip without the entourage. Mr. Holyfield said he couldn't understand how someone who, like Holyfield, had grown up in public housing, could have gotten to a point that he couldn't take a flight by himself. Mr. Holyfield told me he told the other person something along the lines of, "You drive yourself to the airport, you go through security, you go to the gate and you get on the plane."

Bottom line - he's a regular guy who does so well at his job that he is famous. Absolutely no pretension. Most of my friends who have been moderately successful in their careers have more pretension for much less reason.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Kevin Roberts, celebrity chef from BBQ Pitmasters on TLC and has a number of cookbooks out. He's Diamond but not FT. His audio didn't work so I explained to him the art of the e-mail complaint. He was amused.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Pele - Sunday, 13 March, MCO-LGA DL1976; along with his manager, a total of 7(!) carry-ons in 1 C&D. Manager proceeded to rearrange several FC overheads touching off several unpleasant exchanges. FA did well refereeing the scrum. Deplaning in LGA was a mess as Pele and manager tried to reunite themselves with their many bags.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
James Franco in BE on JFK-LAX on Sunday March 13...seemed a nice guy as he obliged a few SC agents with photos...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
xxxxx

Last edited by Boise; Mar 15, 2011 at 1:09 pm Reason: Delete Please
Old Mar 15, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Harry Hamlin in the LAX Sky Club today around noon. He's not very tall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.