Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
With the Delta Plat Amex, yes you could all get in (as long as kids are under 21 -- with any under 2 kids being free) for $39 per person -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Thank you kind sir! Any particular terminal has the best one or has food for purchase? you've been most helpful.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by reddawngrl
Thank you kind sir! Any particular terminal has the best one or has food for purchase? you've been most helpful.
The new club in the walkway between T2 and T3 is going to be best, especially since you have 3 hours. There will be free food and drink there.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Haneda 3 Hour Rule Apply?

Does anyone know if the 3 hour before departure entry rule applies at the Haneda club?

Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoelA
Does anyone know if the 3 hour before departure entry rule applies at the Haneda club?

Thank you!
As an actual Delta operated Sky Club, I would assume they follow standard 3 hour Sky Club policy as listed in house rules -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules
Old Nov 28, 2022, 4:02 pm

Hi, guys, I have diamond level and if we fly Delta to Mexico, can I bring my wife and two kids(9/10 years old) in the lounge for free or only my wife?

KLM/Af will allow you to bring one guest and kids(family) into lounge for free if you are their top tier.

Just wonder how it goes in US with Delta.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jajaju
Hi, guys, I have diamond level and if we fly Delta to Mexico, can I bring my wife and two kids(9/10 years old) in the lounge for free or only my wife?

KLM/Af will allow you to bring one guest and kids(family) into lounge for free if you are their top tier.

Just wonder how it goes in US with Delta.
by the book you get 1 guest.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 3:15 am

Hey folks, if I book a Delta flight from SJC to LAX, can I use on arrival with Amex Plat ?
There is no such info on Delta sky club access page, only talk about departure or connection flight.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by mikemike07
Hey folks, if I book a Delta flight from SJC to LAX, can I use on arrival with Amex Plat ?
There is no such info on Delta sky club access page, only talk about departure or connection flight.
SC access is the exact same whether it’s 3 hours prior, at connection point or upon arrival. But you must be traveling on a DL/ST flight.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Dec 11, 2022 at 5:37 am
Old Dec 11, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikemike07
They have long allowed arrival access (the only requirement until recently has been a same-day Delta operated flight for Amex Plat holders). They only recently added the requirement that only permits access up to 3 hours prior to departure (when not connecting) and also briefly removed lounge access on arrival at the same time. Due to considerable negative feedback, they restored the policy permitting access upon arrival.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Will I have access in ORD when "connecting" between two different tickets?

Flying ticket one ATL-ORD on delta to my second ticket on KL ORD-AMS with a layover of more than 3 hours.

Since I can access it on arrival, I'm guessing the 3 hour rule wont impact me here and I will be able to hang out in the skyclub. Any first hand experience on a transfer between two tickets? Will they give me any troubles?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by barabbas90
Will I have access in ORD when "connecting" between two different tickets?

Flying ticket one ATL-ORD on delta to my second ticket on KL ORD-AMS with a layover of more than 3 hours.

Since I can access it on arrival, I'm guessing the 3 hour rule wont impact me here and I will be able to hang out in the skyclub. Any first hand experience on a transfer between two tickets? Will they give me any troubles?
You’ll be fine. Remember you are allowed access upon arrival. So your onward travel (if any) is irrelevant.
barabbas90 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL PM,
They have long allowed arrival access (the only requirement until recently has been a same-day Delta operated flight for Amex Plat holders). They only recently added the requirement that only permits access up to 3 hours prior to departure (when not connecting) and also briefly removed lounge access on arrival at the same time. Due to considerable negative feedback, they restored the policy permitting access upon arrival.
I missed this piece. Last Delta Flight for 2022 was tonight and was “Denied” in ATL “E” with no lines waiting to get in and club was half empty at night. It’s getting to be tiring.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I have a AMEX Reserve. I am booking a ticket SAN to YYC. On Delta the main cabin fare is $255, on Westjet it is $211. Delta is marketing the flight, but if I purchase via Westjet so non 006 ticket, do I get in to the SAN skyclub?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manually
I have a AMEX Reserve. I am booking a ticket SAN to YYC. On Delta the main cabin fare is $255, on Westjet it is $211. Delta is marketing the flight, but if I purchase via Westjet so non 006 ticket, do I get in to the SAN skyclub?
Flight must either be Delta marketed or operated to qualify for comp entrance for Amex Reserve cardholders. If you purchase as a WS marketed flight, they will still allow entry, but there is a $39 fee for entrance for partner marketed and operated flights -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
dcadwell likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Flight must either be Delta marketed or operated to qualify for comp entrance for Amex Reserve cardholders. If you purchase as a WS marketed flight, they will still allow entry, but there is a $39 fee for entrance for partner marketed and operated flights -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Sorry I am not 100% understanding you. The flight IS marketed by Delta (WS metal), but that same flight is $45 check on WS. Based on the fact it is marketed by Delta, can I get in without the $39 because I purchased via WS? There will be others in the party that will have a Delta issued premium ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.