Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO. You need a segment departing from LAX on DL or a partner. The SC isn't an arrivals lounge for AF, assuming that you're trying to gain access on the basis of the TATL/TPAC segment on AF in J.
LeastP likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO. You need a segment departing from LAX on DL or a partner. The SC isn't an arrivals lounge for AF, assuming that you're trying to gain access on the basis of the TATL/TPAC segment on AF in J.
I’m not sure - the website explicitly says that Sky Team Elite access (elites traveling in economy) cannot access a SkyClub on arrival… but it doesn’t list the same restriction for business class passengers on SkyTeam. The OP would have to deal with a myriad of issues (immigration, collecting bags, switching terminals, etc) but they may still have access
LeastP likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:11 pm

Question Is the May 12 revision working as promised?

I haven't flown since May 4, so I wanted to verify: Is the policy revision announced on May 12 working as promised?

That is, are Sky Club members, without a connection, allowed to enter a Sky Club upon arrival (assuming capacity is OK)?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by paul_from_losangeles
I haven't flown since May 4, so I wanted to verify: Is the policy revision announced on May 12 working as promised?

That is, are Sky Club members, without a connection, allowed to enter a Sky Club upon arrival (assuming capacity is OK)?

Yes I always visit SC upon arrival. No issues.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:57 pm

Thank you, sydneyracquelle, for your reply.

I did fly a Delta overnight red-eye Sept. 6-7, and I was welcomed into my destination Sky Club as an arriving member, without a connection.

Also, before my flight, I did execute a smartphone chat with Delta on the afternoon of Sept. 6, and the agent confirmed the May 12 policy.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I’m not sure - the website explicitly says that Sky Team Elite access (elites traveling in economy) cannot access a SkyClub on arrival… but it doesn’t list the same restriction for business class passengers on SkyTeam. The OP would have to deal with a myriad of issues (immigration, collecting bags, switching terminals, etc) but they may still have access
There is no ST systemwide lounge policy for cabin based access, only STE+ based, and even that has nuances. AF/KL don't provide access to their customers for arrival. Now a lounge agent may allow in. However by policy there's no access
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:50 pm

First time seeing this … can’t believe delta is saying screw you take your money back if you want for paid membership.. just wow.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There is no ST systemwide lounge policy for cabin based access, only STE+ based, and even that has nuances. AF/KL don't provide access to their customers for arrival. Now a lounge agent may allow in. However by policy there's no access
Another less obvious quirk is that some partners operate domestic flights: AF certainly, KE, KLM from time to time, etc.We don't view them as "domestic" flights (even though they are) but there's no lounge access for ElitePlus granted by SkyTeam policies. Moreover many/all domestic AF flights are coach only.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
......only if there's a flight at a suitable time to your destination or a co-terminal, or perhaps a rerouting to your destination if you're connecting. With DL still flying somewhat reduced schedules, this could be hard.

BTW, I recall a rule about "intending" to take the SDS, so I wouldn't want to try this too often. It would be obvious to DL that the standby cleared but you failed to take the new earlier flight and, in fact, stayed in the lounge rather than going to the gate. Remember that elites are likely to be near the top of the list, so we can't count on the SDS failing when we want it to do so.
I've never seen any "intention" rule, but regardless while it is obvious if you don't board a flight that you cleared on, it is not at all obvious that you "in fact, stayed in the lounge" since there is zero exit process at skyclubs.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And even if a hub is someone if four hours before their flight there is a good chance there isn't going to ben earlier flight to that city.

Co-terminal is only a diamond benefit so the passenger would have to be a diamond and I've been told you can't standby for a co-terminal only do a SDC.
for red eyes, it's particularly unlikely that there is not an earlier flight to standby on. For a lot of routes there's only a single redeye any given day.

Also, the rule on standby is that your routing must be identical to your ticketed itinerary. This is primarily so that you don't get stuck at a connecting or departure airport without a confirmed onward flight, but there's no exception that is explicitly listed for destination co-terminal changes (probably because coterminal changes are a rare change to make outside of irops, so nobody thought about the possible need for an exception).
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Tine Rod
First time seeing this … can’t believe delta is saying screw you take your money back if you want for paid membership.. just wow.
usually people are mad when they can't get a refund.
physicsdude likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:19 am

Help me with Sky Club access rules

All my research is yielding outdated and conflicting information. And surprisingly (or not) I can't get straight answers from Delta.
We have 2 adults (each with an Amex platinum card) and one child.
And also I have the ITA Volare Skyteam Elite Plus status, though there doesn't seem to be a way to enter the ITA number into the record.
We are flying domestically, in Basic Economy, on an award ticket.

Do we have free access for the 3 of us upon departure? How about upon arrival?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UserMark
All my research is yielding outdated and conflicting information. And surprisingly (or not) I can't get straight answers from Delta.
We have 2 adults (each with an Amex platinum card) and one child.
And also I have the ITA Volare Skyteam Elite Plus status, though there doesn't seem to be a way to enter the ITA number into the record.
We are flying domestically, in Basic Economy, on an award ticket.

Do we have free access for the 3 of us upon departure? How about upon arrival?
Agents are generally useless for this kind of info and there's little point in asking when you can ask on FT and get a far more informed answer (from actual flyers with real word experience).

DL does not provide comp lounge access on purely domestic itins for either it's own and partner Elite Plus members. Only same-day international flights (excluding to/from Caribbean) are eligible for Sky Club access (plus one guest) for Elite Plus members. There's still a number of integration issues with ITA since they reformed from Alitalia (inability to enter FF number on DL res is one of a number of them).

Amex Plat card allows for 2 guests at $39/each. Children under 2 are free (DL website specifically only mentions this for the DL branded Amex cards, but believe this also applies to Amex Plat).

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 3, 2022 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
If you have the regular Amex Platinum card (NOT the Delta Platinum card), then the two adults will have access. There will be a guest fee of $39 for the child.

Since you are traveling on a domestic itinerary, the Elite Plus benefit does not apply.

In the event you are referring to the Delta Platinum card, then there would be a cost of $117 ($39 fee x 3 people).
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smaug
If you have the regular Amex Platinum card (NOT the Delta Platinum card), then the two adults will have access. There will be a guest fee of $39 for the child.

Since you are traveling on a domestic itinerary, the Elite Plus benefit does not apply.

In the event you are referring to the Delta Platinum card, then there would be a cost of $117 ($39 fee x 3 people).
This. If the airline you've selected for your AMEX Plat airline credit is "Delta" and you haven't used it up for this year, the $39 fee can go against your $200 credit.

You will have to pay again on arrival AFAIK -- I believe DL has done away with "day passes" that are transferrable throughout the itinerary though I could be wrong on that (last time I got one when traveling with my wife, they stamped it at ATL and I recall it indicating it was for use at ATL lounges only but YMMV)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.