Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It'll know yiu had an earlier flight that day. 3 hr limit is just before the 1st flight of day.
Originally Posted by diburning
You scan the arrival boarding pass. It works just fine.
I wish I had tried this myself when I had the chance! Doh!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta
Flying D1 from DTW to HNL on Delta, then 1st class from HNL to KOA on Hawaiian Airlines (code share - the flight was purchased through Delta). I have a 4-1/2 hour layover in HNL. I also have an Amex Platinum card.

Will I be able to access the Sky Club at HNL? I'm not sure if a D1 ticket provides access on arrival. The Delta website states you can use the Sky Club with the Amex if your next flight is one a partner airline, but it seems HA only codeshares with Delta and is not a partner. ??

TIA for your help!

Last edited by CowGirlMoo; Mar 5, 2024 at 3:21 pm Reason: adding DTW
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CowGirlMoo
Flying D1 to HNL on Delta, then 1st class from HNL to KOA on Hawaiian Airlines (code share - the flight was purchased through Delta). I have a 4-1/2 hour layover in HNL. I also have an Amex Platinum card.

Will I be able to access the Sky Club at HNL? I'm not sure if a D1 ticket provides access on arrival. The Delta website states you can use the Sky Club with the Amex if your next flight is one a partner airline, but it seems HA only codeshares with Delta and is not a partner. ??

TIA for your help!
Onward connection can be any carrier or HNL could be your final destination. I believe you simply can get arrival access at HNL based on D1. End of story.
CowGirlMoo and chipbennett like this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by CowGirlMoo
Flying D1 from DTW to HNL on Delta, then 1st class from HNL to KOA on Hawaiian Airlines (code share - the flight was purchased through Delta). I have a 4-1/2 hour layover in HNL. I also have an Amex Platinum card.

TIA for your help!
You should also get access on arrival at HNL simply due to your Amex Platinum, regardless of any connecting flight
Old Apr 5, 2024, 1:52 pm

We purchased a D1 ticket from DTW-BCN for this July. It has a layover at JFK. So the flight is DTW-JFK-BCN. The first segment from DTW-JFK is on a CRJ 900 so we are in FC, but it's all purchased on one ticket.

My question is...will we have access to the SC at DTW and JFK? or just at JFK? From what I have read here, and the rules for SC access on Delta's website, it looks like we will, but I was just wondering if anyone here has first hand experience and can confirm. TIA.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: HH, Asiana club, Elevated, Skymiles, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by lovetocruise2002
We purchased a D1 ticket from DTW-BCN for this July. It has a layover at JFK. So the flight is DTW-JFK-BCN. The first segment from DTW-JFK is on a CRJ 900 so we are in FC, but it's all purchased on one ticket.

My question is...will we have access to the SC at DTW and JFK? or just at JFK? From what I have read here, and the rules for SC access on Delta's website, it looks like we will, but I was just wondering if anyone here has first hand experience and can confirm. TIA.
Yes, You’ll have access at DTW and JFK, but no arrival in BCN, however, you’ll have access to Sala Miro, their partner lounge on Departure from BCN.

safe travels
Old Apr 8, 2024, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by ZJ3000
Yes, You’ll have access at DTW and JFK, but no arrival in BCN, however, you’ll have access to Sala Miro, their partner lounge on Departure from BCN.

safe travels
Thank you!

Actually, we will be returning home FCO-DTW (non stop) also on a D1 ticket. It doesn't look like Delta has a SC at FCO, but with a D1 ticket we will have access to Piazza di Spagna in T3? At least that is what the app is telling me.....
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lovetocruise2002
Thank you!

Actually, we will be returning home FCO-DTW (non stop) also on a D1 ticket. It doesn't look like Delta has a SC at FCO, but with a D1 ticket we will have access to Piazza di Spagna in T3? At least that is what the app is telling me.....
Correct. The only Delta Sky Club outside the US is at Tokyo Haneda airport. All other DL D1 lounges are either Skyteam partner lounges, Skyteam joint lounges, or third-party lounges that Delta pays for access for D1 pax. Delta Skyteam Elite Plus passengers on Delta operated international flights used to also have access to the third-party lounges, but DL stopped paying for their access many years ago and now only DL D1 passengers are provided with access to third-party operated lounges.
gm1955 and lovetocruise2002 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I flew the redeye departing at 0040 PDT LAX-MSP this morning. I arrived at LAX shortly after 2000 PDT Sunday evening. When I used the kiosk at the new SkyClub, the screen turned orange and directed me to see an ambassador. The ambassador must have taken pity on me because she admitted me to the club.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
I've been out of the game for a LONG time - no status but need info. I'm flying international Delta One next month, MSP-AMS, then main cabin to EDI. Will I have access to the KLM Crown lounge during my 4-hour layover at Schiphol? Thanks everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.