Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access questions (June 2022 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:53 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
No, if you have a D1 flight that day, you can access any skyclub.
I thought that, but reading the rules they explicitly say that the domestic connecting flights for international Delta One are included and there is no such language for domestic Delta One, that's what is throwing me off. I guess they feel the need to add the language for international because it's domestic vs. international. So if you have are flying from one city to another as long as you have Delta One on one flight, you get lounge access for any other flights in any other airports on the same day(s) if they're on the same ticket.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beckles
I thought that, but reading the rules they explicitly say that the domestic connecting flights for international Delta One are included and there is no such language for domestic Delta One, that's what is throwing me off. I guess they feel the need to add the language for international because it's domestic vs. international. So if you have are flying from one city to another as long as you have Delta One on one flight, you get lounge access for any other flights in any other airports on the same day(s) if they're on the same ticket.
I seem to recall others have reported having access rejected on BP scan in these cases of connecting to domestic D1 flights. As noted, the wording is unclear and it seems some lounges will just let you in based on showing D1 on BP and others may not.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I have an upcoming flight where I will have an hour to kill before leaving the airport after arrival. Is access on arrival still a thing, or did they do away with that with the 3-hour restriction? I have a sky club membership and will be flying on a short haul domestic flight.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by diburning
I have an upcoming flight where I will have an hour to kill before leaving the airport after arrival. Is access on arrival still a thing, or did they do away with that with the 3-hour restriction? I have a sky club membership and will be flying on a short haul domestic flight.
You can still access on arrival.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:16 am

What are the rules for arrival access? Is there a time limit?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 2:20 pm

What are the rules for arrival access? Is there a time limit?
Seems to just be a same-day arrival. I haven't seen or heard of anything more restrictive.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by DLHubber
Seems to just be a same-day arrival. I haven't seen or heard of anything more restrictive.
Yep. I always have a screenshot of my BP regardless and there haven't been any issues allowing arrival access when I need to hop on the WiFi for a bit. Been called out a time or two (about just arriving), but nothing beyond that.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:53 pm

Will the kiosk let me in when I scan the BP? Or will I need agent intervention to use it on arrival?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:48 am

Will the kiosk let me in when I scan the BP? Or will I need agent intervention to use it on arrival?
Never had a problem with the kiosk personally.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
A little help please:

5 family members (me/wife/sister/father/mother) flying Delta metal CVG-LGA-YYZ

me - paid F, DL gold, AMEX plat
wife - paid F, Amex plat
sister - paid F
father - coach
mother - coach

I know my wife and I have access to SkyClub (CVG and LGA) due to amex plat

My best guess is that I (or my wife) can guest in (free) my sister because she is in F, but I will have to pay $50 each for my parents (AMEX PLAT guesting)

is this correct? thanks in advance
Old May 26, 2023, 1:52 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
A little help please:

5 family members (me/wife/sister/father/mother) flying Delta metal CVG-LGA-YYZ

me - paid F, DL gold, AMEX plat
wife - paid F, Amex plat
sister - paid F
father - coach
mother - coach

I know my wife and I have access to SkyClub (CVG and LGA) due to amex plat

My best guess is that I (or my wife) can guest in (free) my sister because she is in F, but I will have to pay $50 each for my parents (AMEX PLAT guesting)

is this correct? thanks in advance
You can only use one method of access to access the club. Under the new restrictions on GM/PM/DM:

You can enter as a GM in F traveling internationally and guest in your sister in F.
Your wife can enter with her Amex Platinum and pay $50 each for each of your parents.

Notably, you cannot pay to guest in your parents, it has to be your wife.
WillBarrett_68 and hhdl like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by VFR
Your wife can enter with her Amex Platinum and pay $50 each for each of your parents.
There will be people who know more about this than me but from the Delta website, it says it's $50 per location per visit. So that'd be $200 if you're bringing both parents into CVG and LGA, not even taking into account a return journey.

It might make sense to look at adding your parents to being authorized users on your Amex Platinum, as that's only $175 for the year for 3 Plat cards and gives them a lot more options going forward and not limited to just Delta.
VFR likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 5:39 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
thanks I think we're just going to visit in LGA but that's a good idea
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:25 pm

Hi, I am Delta platinum level with a platinum delta Amex card. I am flying to LIH via ATL. My ticket was purchased in main, and I used RUCs to get into regular first class. I arrive about 8am and my next flight to SEA leaves at noon. I’d like to buy a pass into either E or F club to grab a shower. Can anyone give me an idea how crowded they would be at that hour, would there be a problem with me getting in and getting a shower and how long could I hang out in the lounge? Thank you!
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by grapefarmer
Hi, I am Delta platinum level with a platinum delta Amex card. I am flying to LIH via ATL. My ticket was purchased in main, and I used RUCs to get into regular first class. I arrive about 8am and my next flight to SEA leaves at noon. I’d like to buy a pass into either E or F club to grab a shower. Can anyone give me an idea how crowded they would be at that hour, would there be a problem with me getting in and getting a shower and how long could I hang out in the lounge? Thank you!
ATL F doesn’t get very crowded until the afternoon European bank of flights. I frequently use ATL F in the mornings and it is empty. It also has an outside patio. There are no exit controls so once you are admitted you can stay until closing time if you wish. The 3-hour rule won’t apply to you on a connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.