Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta PM
Does anyone know if September 10th is still the move-in date? Trying to plan a flight to ORD but would love to fly after they open to check out the new SC.
Originally Posted by Kimmitzi
While I was waiting in line for the current Sky Club, one of the attendants came thru to pass out water and granola bars. He mentioned that the new T5 Sky Club will be one of the biggest in the system. I forget if he said second or third, but I think second.
Idk the size but one of the attendants have told me that they will have showers, which I think is the only outstation with showers? Which means the club will be pretty big!
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
I was in the ORD SC last week. I said your moving in about a month right? they said it got moved back. Now the new move in date is Oct 15.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Does anyone know if September 10th is still the move-in date? Trying to plan a flight to ORD but would love to fly after they open to check out the new SC.

Idk the size but one of the attendants have told me that they will have showers, which I think is the only outstation with showers? Which means the club will be pretty big!
I assume it will be the de facto sky team lounge for T5, which means Korean (midday) and Air France/KLM (evenings) will be using it (and the existing T2 lounge could probably use double the space on its own). Showers will be a nice touch for a long-haul departure lounge like DL has at its other long-haul stations.

I will miss the old Northwest theme of the T2 lounge - it's one of the few left in that scheme (MSP C and DTW hi/low A and B/C being the only others that come to mind)
Old Aug 25, 2022, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
I assume it will be the de facto sky team lounge for T5, which means Korean (midday) and Air France/KLM (evenings) will be using it (and the existing T2 lounge could probably use double the space on its own). Showers will be a nice touch for a long-haul departure lounge like DL has at its other long-haul stations.

I will miss the old Northwest theme of the T2 lounge - it's one of the few left in that scheme (MSP C and DTW hi/low A and B/C being the only others that come to mind)
See diagram from this post which refers to lounge as "New Skyteam Lounge", rather than simply a Delta Sky Club -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33901981-post63.html
It's possible it will still be DL Sky Club branded, but it seems pretty clear it will serve as a joint lounge for Skyteam carriers.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 8:49 am

Would this be the only joint SkyTeam SkyClub in the network if it goes along this route?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Would this be the only joint SkyTeam SkyClub in the network if it goes along this route?
https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges

IST, YVR, DXB, SYD, and SCL (former Sky Club). There was one at HKG as well, but it closed during COVID.

EDIT: oh, I think I mis-read the "joint" part -- I think you're right that it would be the only one that is a combined Sky Club Sky Team lounge, if they name it that way. Although I think the distinction is mostly meaningless in terms of access rules. But I suspect it will end up simply as a SkyTeam Lounge.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I think there are some confusing language used here and on some linked website.
Skyteam-branded lounges are only available so far in YVR, SYD, IST, SCL and DXB. Before Covid, we had also LHR and HKG. They will eventually reopen in the future. SCL SkyTeam lounge is not the former DL SkyClub, it’s a different lounge, although DL SC has of course closed as a consequence of the opening of the ST lounge. There’s currently no new Skyteam lounge scheduled AFAIK.
The ORD lounge in T5 will be a “regular” DL SkyClub which will be accessible and used for all ST carriers flying from T5 (AF, KL, AZ, KE, etc). So it’s not a “Joint Skyteam SkyClub”, but a “regular” DL SC.
This is the same situation as CDG where AF lounges in 2F or 2E are used by all Skyteam carriers present in those terminals. Those are AF lounges and not Skyteam lounges.

The same situation as ORD T5 may also happen in BOS term E. It is possible that the AF lounge will close when the brand new DL SC will open in E.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Goldorak
SCL SkyTeam lounge is not the former DL SkyClub, it’s a different lounge, although DL SC has of course closed as a consequence of the opening of the ST lounge. There’s currently no new Skyteam lounge scheduled AFAIK.
(with apologies for the off-topic drift...)

My bad, got mixed up -- had seen "re-branded as LATAM" and forgot the second part of that.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
IST, YVR, DXB, SYD, and SCL (former Sky Club). There was one at HKG as well, but it closed during COVID.
Ah I was talking about domestic. Not much of an INTL traveler
Old Aug 26, 2022, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Ah I was talking about domestic. Not much of an INTL traveler
Yes, it would be only ST lounge in US if it was one. However Im willing to bet ORD airport employee/consultants labeled as "ST" as the DL SC will be the lounge all ST airlines use.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK Classic Plus, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Silver
The DL SkyClub staff has confirmed to me today that the new SkyClub will be operational as of October 12th.

I’m gonna miss the old SkyClub here in T2, not gonna lie.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by latexlegend
The DL SkyClub staff has confirmed to me today that the new SkyClub will be operational as of October 12th.

Another old NW club goes West.
latexlegend likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:33 pm

Does this mean that DL will move its operations to T5 on October 12th as well?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Glob, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold

I have a DL flight out of ORD on the 12th. That'll be exciting. I'll report back.
cliburn likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You are probably the only person who will be sad to see thew T2 SC go. Since DL took over the T2 club it has been routinely overcrowded and not terribly functional if you need space for productivity or quiet for a call.

I have mixed emotions about DL moving to T5. Looking forward to a better terminal experience. NOT looking forward to the poop show that is T5 when the major banks of TATL flights start rolling in during the afternoon.
cliburn and HDQDD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.