Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Which seems completely backwards since they are the people who are actually going to leave the airport. Connecting passengers don't care how convenient an airport terminal is to the outside world. Not having the the ability to walk to the blue line station is a bummer.
just another reason to use MDW as much as possible
emma dog likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Back before the new world order, there were some good connections via ORD into Asia via MU, Very good prices. The only thing that sucked was the transit from T2 to T5 (regardless of the tram running or not). You still had to enter T5 , maybe check-in and then clear TSA. Could be a war zone.

Would be really nice to see this project happen.

Of course I am still hoping the LAX T-2-3-Bradley connector gets completed this decade.
Pre-COVID, there was an airside bus from T1/2/3 to T5, bypassing T5 security screening for connecting passengers. It wasn't a 24 hour operation but late morning through the evening.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Which seems completely backwards since they are the people who are actually going to leave the airport. Connecting passengers don't care how convenient an airport terminal is to the outside world. Not having the the ability to walk to the blue line station is a bummer.
on the other hand, the access to the Rental Car Center / Lot F and the third party parking companies will be much better.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by TomMM
Based on how long they've been working on the new train, I am guessing these new terminals will hopefully be completed for our great grand children to enjoy.
The train delay is infuriating. In order to get from public transit to T5, you have to wait for the terminal bus.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:02 am

I was trying to find progress on the remodel of t5 at ord but everything I'm seeing is at least two years old. Does anyone know when it will be done and DL moves to t5? Also is DL moving their Sky Lounge over to t5 or are they sticking with the Klm/Air France lounge?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
I was trying to find progress on the remodel of t5 at ord but everything I'm seeing is at least two years old. Does anyone know when it will be done and DL moves to t5? Also is DL moving their Sky Lounge over to t5 or are they sticking with the Klm/Air France lounge?
T5 move is still a long way off. Yes of course Skyclub will move.
GUWonder and Milesaway76 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
T5 move is still a long way off. Yes of course Skyclub will move.
It is still being projected that DL will move in 2022 according to information on ORD website. Not sure if this has been updated recently as it does not look like they have fully enclosed the building yet.
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Current projection is September 2022 for Delta’s move to T5.

https://wgntv.com/news/cover-story/i...expansion/amp/
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kavok
Current projection is September 2022 for Delta’s move to T5.

https://wgntv.com/news/cover-story/i...expansion/amp/
I'll believe it when it happens.
GUWonder and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:51 pm

July 20th, the west concourse closes down so Delta can get in and start their work. September 10th is still the hard date set. The new lounge at T5 will be the 3rd largest within their system from the chats I'm hearing (i could be wrong). Delta moving from T2 to T5 increases their gate capacity where they'll be around 100 ops a day. They have 18 check in positions in section 5D, with self service kiosks too.

As of this time, there will be no commingling of other SkyTeam members within their space outside of the lounge.
GUWonder, kavok, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ords
Delta moving from T2 to T5 increases their gate capacity where they'll be around 100 ops a day. They have 18 check in positions in section 5D, with self service kiosks too.
It looks like DL only has 8 or 9 gates in Terminal 5. That is only 1 or 2 more than they currently have right (see slide 36)?

https://www.igcinc.org/wp-content/up..._2021-0922.pdf

Last edited by KBMIFlyer; Jan 13, 2022 at 9:04 pm
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:47 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Are all of the gates in T5 spoken for, or will there be shared gates (like the E concourse in ATL)?

Where is the new Delta Sky Club located?

While I don't travel to Chicago anymore, I would make a special trip there to see the new Delta operation this fall.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

T5 is currently all common use. The expansion is adding 10 gates total and DL looks to be getting 7 preferential use gates (M1 - M7) with M7 being widebody/international capable.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by xliioper
T5 is currently all common use. The expansion is adding 10 gates total and DL looks to be getting 7 preferential use gates (M1 - M7) with M7 being widebody/international capable.
Does this increase Delta's gate capacity at ORD with (possible) access to additional common use gates?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ty97
Does this increase Delta's gate capacity at ORD with (possible) access to additional common use gates?
Looks like pretty much the same gate capacity with DL currently having E7, E9, E11, E13, E14, E15, E16, and E17, but E13 does not look to be in active use (too close to E11). Remaining E gates are currently used by UA and AC (AC uses E2/E3). I wouldn't expect them to make use of common use gates at T5 as the ones near them are for widebody/international flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.