Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
It’s like 3 minutes between T5 and T3.
And they’ve doubled the fleet of cars so they will be coming every minute or so during peak.

Originally Posted by xliioper
Since T2 reconstruction is not supposed to start until new satellite concourses are constructed, seems like WN might just take some of DL current gates at T2 since they don't have international flights to ORD (oops, I see they have a CUN flight).
looks like F9 is announcing a bunch of flights from mdw. I assume they’re leaving ord so that will open up a bit of space
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
The document linked upthread notes they are increasing the number of security lanes from 9 to 13. In addition to the preferential use gates, DL is getting preferential use check-in positions and baggage carousels. The picture shows the lounge to be part of new construction which are shown in white (it's not using someone else's former lounge space) near DL's M7 international gate.
So if you look at the presentation, most of northside of the new buildout of the head house will be DL's new lounge. KL/AF lounge was added into the large physical space it occupies. The southside will be expanded M10/M11.

There's 13 checkpoint lanes in total, 11 at CP 10 and 2 at CP11. Eventually CP 11 will go away as phase 2 of the renovations of T5 start. This will align with the new parking structure which is to start construction soon.

As for DL's preferential ticketing positions, they get 18 (which is being totally redone by DL) and they'll get one domestic claim as their own. There will be 3 domestic claims by September.

DL is actually increasing their linear footage at T5 from T2. It will be DL's job to maintain a level of flight activity to keep those as preferential gates.

The next 9+ months will be construction central around T5. Yes, the west concourse isn't beautiful while work is taking place, but WN and F9 knew and know this and willing to deal with the inconvenience until the east side opens up.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It’s like 3 minutes between T5 and T3.
Even then, that need to use the inter-terminal train will be worse than the current state for a lot of travelers. For me, it may be an improvement since I will be able to grab T5 flights after arriving from abroad and be able to do so without having to use the inter-terminal train. But if coming in domestically on DL at ORD and wanting to use the CTA, this makes it worse.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I just really hope once DL enters they have, at the very least, dedicated pre-check lines. It would be even better if they have Clear + Precheck.

I once flew WN out of T5 in the mid-afternoon and will never do it again. Long, slow-moving security line and only Pre-Check light.

If this doesn't improve I won't fly Delta in or out of ORD once they move.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by scruffair
looks like F9 is announcing a bunch of flights from mdw. I assume they’re leaving ord so that will open up a bit of space
Yes, they already did. They shifting the flight to MDW, but they kept a few routes out of ORD.

Yes, they freeing it up the gate space for another airlines.

Here's a link:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/fronti...houston-hobby/
Old May 25, 2022, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Sounds like Delta is moving to T5 the night of September 9th with full operations beginning on the 10th.
andrewk829 and Milesaway76 like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sounds like Delta is moving to T5 the night of September 9th with full operations beginning on the 10th.
Source? I only ask because I flew out of ORD yesterday. When driving past T5 I could see that while the concourse looks nearly complete the new ramp tower for T5 does not look like it's nearing completion. DL might not need it to make the move but given the speed at which construction occurs at ORD I'd be shocked if that tower was finished by September. Also, I have a few questions about the move I was hoping someone might know the answer to.

1. Will Clear be opening a lane in T5 since DL is a major investor? If not that will be a MAJOR loss, particularly if you are flying in the evening during when T5 is most busy.

2. Who is taking the gates in E until they construct the new midfield concourse so they can tear E down?

3. Any word on whether the move will result in more service out of ORD (once DL can get back on its operational feet again)?

4. Any idea if DL is going to use volunteers to do some operational dry runs in T5? I live in Chicago and would love to participate in one of those some day.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'll add to those that needs to know whether there will be Clear + real Pre-Check before I'll book a flight to ORD after 9/1. I've flown WN out of T5 in the afternoon once and will never do it again. Only pre-check light and a million travelers lined up because of all the afternoon/evening Int'l flights.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:09 am

What is the process for arriving on the blue line and moving to T5 going to look like (and vice versa)?
Old May 30, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Arrive on Blue Line, walk a short distance to ATS train, go 2 stops.
WillBarrett_68 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Source? I only ask because I flew out of ORD yesterday. When driving past T5 I could see that while the concourse looks nearly complete the new ramp tower for T5 does not look like it's nearing completion. DL might not need it to make the move but given the speed at which construction occurs at ORD I'd be shocked if that tower was finished by September. Also, I have a few questions about the move I was hoping someone might know the answer to.

1. Will Clear be opening a lane in T5 since DL is a major investor? If not that will be a MAJOR loss, particularly if you are flying in the evening during when T5 is most busy.

2. Who is taking the gates in E until they construct the new midfield concourse so they can tear E down?

3. Any word on whether the move will result in more service out of ORD (once DL can get back on its operational feet again)?

4. Any idea if DL is going to use volunteers to do some operational dry runs in T5? I live in Chicago and would love to participate in one of those some day.
The presentation linked upthread (https://www.igcinc.org/wp-content/up..._2021-0922.pdf) shows interior upgrades on the M1-M7 gates where DL is moving starting on July 20th and DL moving into gates on Sept 10th. I believe UA is getting DL's current E gates while construction of new midfield takes place.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

I doubt there's any dry runs. This isn't a brand new concourse. This is simply an extension of the current concourse. I'm not sure what there would be a need to do a dry run of.

Anyone know what will become of old Skyclub? The old pmNW Worldclubs are becoming rarer and rarer to find.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I doubt there's any dry runs. This isn't a brand new concourse. This is simply an extension of the current concourse. I'm not sure what there would be a need to do a dry run of.

Anyone know what will become of old Skyclub? The old pmNW Worldclubs are becoming rarer and rarer to find.
A Centurion Studio would be nice. ORD desperately needs more 3rd party lounges.
sobore likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yup! That's exactly what they says. I went on Chicago Aviation Fans Facebook group last week. I ask them about Delta. They told me that Delta will move to T5 on September 10. Hope I can come back to ORD anytime soon.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:55 am

While I was waiting in line for the current Sky Club, one of the attendants came thru to pass out water and granola bars. He mentioned that the new T5 Sky Club will be one of the biggest in the system. I forget if he said second or third, but I think second.

I was hoping there will be more opportunity to fly Delta - generally not the most convenient option since I moved back to Chicago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.