Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by tkeegan1313
We were in the TSA pre check line on Tuesday and about 50 crew from Korean Air and Air India showed up and obviously went ahead of us. Delayed maybe 15-20 minutes which was no big deal to us, bur stressful for people with earlier flights. The regular security line was probably 45 minutes or so. Not a great experience.
When I was at ORD T5 earlier this year, I was about to enter the CLEAR line when an Air France crew were moving in the same direction as me. Two young women started yelling at me to stop and let the AF crew go in front of me, even though I was in a different line from them. It was very annoying. However, I really enjoyed the SkyClub and hope to go back, particularly when the Vienna Beef hot dog cart will be in operation (it was closed when I was there on a Saturday late afternoon).
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by xobile
i highly recommend taking the train the opposite direction to the multi modal facility and getting a ride share from there. If you are doing a taxi you should be able to get one from t5
From the "multi-modal" rental car center at the end of the people mover train you can also take local transit buses (PACE), one of which services the Des Plaines station on the METRA line with regular hourly service 7 days per week to Ogilvie Station (the old Northwestern Station) near the Loop. I think that this is a more enjoyable trip than the CTA Blue Line. There is a train that goes to Union Station, but it seems to only run in the mornings and evenings on weekdays.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by ND76
From the "multi-modal" rental car center at the end of the people mover train you can also take local transit buses (PACE), one of which services the Des Plaines station on the METRA line with regular hourly service 7 days per week to Ogilvie Station (the old Northwestern Station) near the Loop. I think that this is a more enjoyable trip than the CTA Blue Line. There is a train that goes to Union Station, but it seems to only run in the mornings and evenings on weekdays.
to be clear, the one that has limited service by is right outside the MMF is the NCS line (O’Hare Transfer station) while the Des Plaines station is on the UP-NW line.
jamiel likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ND76
However, I really enjoyed the SkyClub and hope to go back, particularly when the Vienna Beef hot dog cart will be in operation (it was closed when I was there on a Saturday late afternoon).
Was there last Sunday afternoon and the hot dog cart was nowhere in sight, so asked the bartender at the bar next to where it usually is what happened — apparently the cart broke and they're awaiting delivery of a new one, which was supposed to arrive the "middle of this week" so hopefully it's back in action soon
Old Aug 12, 2023, 1:44 pm

Was in operation on Monday the 10th! Love this club :-)
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta
Flew in an out of ORD this weekend and rideshares can drop you off right at terminal 5, FWIW. The tip to take a taxi was spot on. After a 3 hour delay we hopped right in and were on our wasy

The new Skyclub is incredible. Sort of what the people who complain about too many Amex cardholders swamping the clubs imagine. Quiet, not crowded and almost seems excessive. 3 of us had multiple choices of places to sit overlooking the tarmac (at 7 am on a Tuesday)
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
In light of the news that SAS is joining SkyTeam, that could be very great news given the SAS lounge in T5. The place is tiny, but also nicer than the rest of the terrible terminal. I do wonder what the Star Alliance carriers plan to do in T5, given they were all clumped into there, with BA/DL/Swissport having the only other lounge space.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:33 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Given how nice the Delta Sky Club is, SAS might just close their lounge and use Delta's.
hhdl likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
Given how nice the Delta Sky Club is, SAS might just close their lounge and use Delta's.
I thought they might, but given LOT is building new rather than taking over the SAS space, I'm not sure who would want it. It's not a size upgrade for Swissport, but maybe it becomes a Plaza Premium etc.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by skydelt
I thought they might, but given LOT is building new rather than taking over the SAS space, I'm not sure who would want it. It's not a size upgrade for Swissport, but maybe it becomes a Plaza Premium etc.
Could end up similar to BOS(E): the SkyClub for ST (especially non-DL elites) and the other lounge (AF in BOS, SK in ORD is mostly priority pass and contract for other airlines).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.