Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by JAXPax
This is sadly an improvement upon what I have received a number of times ATL-YUL pre-pandemic... usually a CRJ-700 or -900 at the time and usually breakfast which would be a choice of cereal and frozen fruit or nothing at all.
Do we know why Delta doesn't cater planes in Canada? Every Air Canada plane at the transborder terminal had a Newrest truck pulled up to it, which, incidentally is the exact same company Delta uses in ATL.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Pre-ordered the smoked cold fish salad on my ATL-PHX flight and I think I was the only one who ordered it - the short ribs were pretty popular. It wasn't horrible? It wasn't salmon, but it did remind of a good tuna fish salad as in not too wet or too much mayo. I picked out the pickles (I don't like pickles) and ate the tomatoes. The lettuce underneath was kind of hit or miss as far as fresh (or maybe that was the mood lighting). I skipped the dressing. The fruit salad was a couple pieces of watermelon, kiwi, and orange. I did not care for the desert - way too sweet and I wasn't the only one.

Service on this flight felt like the FAs rushed the meal service so they could hide, particularly the head F.A No PDBs - we had plenty of time on the ground, but they took drink orders. One quick pass of the snack basket.

Benner and GagaPilot like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by Vecturist14
Pre-ordered the smoked cold fish salad on my ATL-PHX flight and I think I was the only one who ordered it - the short ribs were pretty popular. It wasn't horrible? It wasn't salmon, but it did remind of a good tuna fish salad as in not too wet or too much mayo. I picked out the pickles (I don't like pickles) and ate the tomatoes. The lettuce underneath was kind of hit or miss as far as fresh (or maybe that was the mood lighting). I skipped the dressing. The fruit salad was a couple pieces of watermelon, kiwi, and orange. I did not care for the desert - way too sweet and I wasn't the only one.

Service on this flight felt like the FAs rushed the meal service so they could hide, particularly the head F.A No PDBs - we had plenty of time on the ground, but they took drink orders. One quick pass of the snack basket.

garbage service on DL
doubleA likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:43 am
WGM

Programs: DL PM
Slim pickings SEA-FAI Thursday. My wife is going to be brave and have the fake meat Three Cheese Tortellini.

Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum

Anyone familiar with the D1 options leaving MSP?
doubleA likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Seems like everyone is a beef eater, too bad I would think the Sous Vide Chicken Breast if done right is the foodie option on the above international menu. Or even the Trout. I know humans are creatures of habit but food that is not beef can also taste good.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: Skymiles

Has anyone tried any of the Simon Hulstone options? The pork belly has me intrigued.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I’m posting this here and in the dedicated PS page because people might look in both places…
I have a friend who is a purser who is currently nonrevving- he just posted a pic of the new PS meal service.
looks like economy but with real silverware and glassware. Frankly I’m happier with that tbh.
Honestly not impressed with the appearance of the “new” PS service. Reminds me too much of Y. Of course the only time I ever flew PS (pre-covid) I was shocked how similar it was to D1 (minus the soup), so I guess I’m biased.
doubleA likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:25 pm

LAX to MCO lunch menu:

Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Do we know why Delta doesn't cater planes in Canada? Every Air Canada plane at the transborder terminal had a Newrest truck pulled up to it, which, incidentally is the exact same company Delta uses in ATL.
As far as I know no USA based airline is offering catering from Canada.

My gut tells me it is either the caterer cannot handle the volume or the USA based airlines do not see Canada as an important market and thus the sad boxes will suffice.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Honestly not impressed with the appearance of the “new” PS service. Reminds me too much of Y. Of course the only time I ever flew PS (pre-covid) I was shocked how similar it was to D1 (minus the soup), so I guess I’m biased.
seems marginally better than Y - is it a D1 meal served in Y(ish) plates?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Paul510
Seems like everyone is a beef eater, too bad I would think the Sous Vide Chicken Breast if done right is the foodie option on the above international menu. Or even the Trout. I know humans are creatures of habit but food that is not beef can also taste good.
I always choose beef because I just think it is safer; I would rather have undercooked (or overcooked) beef than undercooked chicken.
MSPeconomist and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by Paul510
The problem with sous vide of course is that ended 18 hours ago.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by LouNanne
I always choose beef because I just think it is safer; I would rather have undercooked (or overcooked) beef than undercooked chicken.
I mean, is that a thing? Everything is pre-cooked on the ground and re-heated on the sky... is raw chicken a thing in the sky?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Just flew ATL-GCM and GCM-ATL on the return with sad boxes in both directions. Delta will claim they don't have a "catering contract in GCM", but the same catering company there pre-pandemic is still there and does the catering for AA, UA, and others. For the absurd First Class prices they charge I guess they have made the sad boxes the new norm. From a business perspective I understand it as they can cater the sad boxes in ATL and not have to pay another company to do it at an outstation, but if your gonna charge absurd prices and then claim the reason your getting a sad box is some issue with a catering contract then you need to rethink what your telling people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.