Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by prat257
what did you go with? Any photos?
SEA-ATL - 1 Oct 2022 - DL Whatever It Was I Am Too Lazy To Look It Up It Was The Midday One Operated By A Latam A350

I went with the Hempler's Chicken Salad. It was... fine? Almost entirely huge chunks of meat, although fully chilled, so keep that in mind. It wasn't really what I'd describe as a 'salad', although it fits the technical definition: there were basically no greens in the bowl; what you see here is what the whole dish was, there's no layer hiding underneath. The colored carrots stained the chicken, making it look a little odd, but that's easy to ignore. Fruit salad was very, very lemony; we idly debated raiding it for the lemon zest and blueberries to make a cocktail. The blueberries were also not stemmed - talk about minor nits to pick, but still, come on folks.

The gentleman across from me got the Fennel Flan Croquettes, which were being sold by flight attendants as "the warm chicken croquettes"...... either they had a change of heart and changed the recipe since preordering opened, or there was some honest confusion (most likely), or the F/A was just trying to 'sell' an unappetizing option by calling it chicken. Whatever was going on, the dish looked exactly as "fabulous" as I thought it would; here's a creepshot of it (keep in mind he had partially consumed it when I took this photo, so the original plating was slightly less tragic - but only slightly).

The consumed dishes I saw going back to the galley were about 50/50 between practically untouched and clean plate club, so seems likely to be one of those polarizing choices. This flight was a fiasco of drunk Alaska cruise passengers and Hawaii vacationers returning to wherever on the East Coast from whence they spawned, so I wouldn't necessarily assume the cabin's palate was particularly refined.

My real inflight meal was, of course, supplied by Beecher's, because I've learned if I want a good meal these days it's best to just bring your own.

By the way, some snack basket and drink rotations have happened for October. A new pink shortbread is in the basket, apparently replacing Cubetti, and it's fabulous - do not sleep on these. And the pink rose is back from Une Femme, this time in cans. It appears to be displacing normal sparkling wine for October, so mimosas may be a challenge for the next few weeks.

Delta has also managed to convince Frito Lay to make the world's tiniest bags of Sunchips, with size-reduced chips inside. It's a 70 calorie pack, and surprisingly satisfying as the chips are smaller so there are more bites to take.

Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the pink for breast cancer awareness month?
GagaPilot and prat257 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
SEA-ATL - 1 Oct 2022 - DL Whatever It Was I Am Too Lazy To Look It Up It Was The Midday One Operated By A Latam A350

I went with the Hempler's Chicken Salad. It was... fine? Almost entirely huge chunks of meat, although fully chilled, so keep that in mind. It wasn't really what I'd describe as a 'salad', although it fits the technical definition: there were basically no greens in the bowl; what you see here is what the whole dish was, there's no layer hiding underneath. The colored carrots stained the chicken, making it look a little odd, but that's easy to ignore. Fruit salad was very, very lemony; we idly debated raiding it for the lemon zest and blueberries to make a cocktail. The blueberries were also not stemmed - talk about minor nits to pick, but still, come on folks.

The gentleman across from me got the Fennel Flan Croquettes, which were being sold by flight attendants as "the warm chicken croquettes"...... either they had a change of heart and changed the recipe since preordering opened, or there was some honest confusion (most likely), or the F/A was just trying to 'sell' an unappetizing option by calling it chicken. Whatever was going on, the dish looked exactly as "fabulous" as I thought it would; here's a creepshot of it (keep in mind he had partially consumed it when I took this photo, so the original plating was slightly less tragic - but only slightly).

The consumed dishes I saw going back to the galley were about 50/50 between practically untouched and clean plate club, so seems likely to be one of those polarizing choices. This flight was a fiasco of drunk Alaska cruise passengers and Hawaii vacationers returning to wherever on the East Coast from whence they spawned, so I wouldn't necessarily assume the cabin's palate was particularly refined.

My real inflight meal was, of course, supplied by Beecher's, because I've learned if I want a good meal these days it's best to just bring your own.

By the way, some snack basket and drink rotations have happened for October. A new pink shortbread is in the basket, apparently replacing Cubetti, and it's fabulous - do not sleep on these. And the pink rose is back from Une Femme, this time in cans. It appears to be displacing normal sparkling wine for October, so mimosas may be a challenge for the next few weeks.

Delta has also managed to convince Frito Lay to make the world's tiniest bags of Sunchips, with size-reduced chips inside. It's a 70 calorie pack, and surprisingly satisfying as the chips are smaller so there are more bites to take.

Thanks for the detailed review. I’ll stick to AVML and hope it’s loaded. Looking forward to trying the pink biscottea.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by BenA

Right!? This has to be a custom order for Delta alone? The good news is there seems to be a decent amount of chips in the bag vs the other chip options…looking at you Miss Vickie’s
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Benner
I'm on DL602 from ATL to MEX on September 29 and these are the menu options. Curious if anyone has had any of them and has a review... Kind of leaning towards the smoked fish salad.

Same selection ATL-FCO early Oct
Old Oct 2, 2022, 5:03 pm

MCO to SLC dinner menu:

Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by LouNanne
MCO to SLC dinner menu:

Same selections offered for upcoming IAH-DTW flight.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 10:40 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Today (Sunday) from MCO-MSP featured the boxes due to Hurricane Ivan. We got to choose from 5 boxes...all the regular suspects, like Grain Bowl, Chicken Salad Sandwich, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by buckeye91
Same selection ATL-FCO early Oct
ATL-FCO should also have a couple pre-order only selections.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mrs767’s “Marta chicken meatballs” on DL452 JFK-SEA (Sun 2 Oct)

the green-and-white dish was ostensibly the salad: pistachio-arugula pesto with burrata, and some halved figs … very odd in that I wouldn’t normally expect to eat pesto by the forkful; moreover, why not a focaccia or ciabatta roll rather than a corn muffin?

my “Autumn chopped salad”

the pre-order menu said this was supposed to come with a side of fresh seasonal fruit, which would have been far preferable to the pesto/burrata combo
Old Oct 3, 2022, 3:45 pm

Ag

Originally Posted by paterwdb
I'm getting frustrated with shorter haul (yet full meal) service flights where the ImpossibleFakeMeat option is the only options served warm. The last three flights, both of the chicken or shrimp options were cold meals, and only the fake meat option was a warm option. It's a dumb thing to complain about, but it is getting tiresome. Drop the stupid fake meat trend and give us real food.

Also annoying that with two SALADS they can’t just throw some extra vegetables or tofu or whatever on the base and have a vegetarian salad. Really stupid.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:03 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jrl767
Mrs767’s “Marta chicken meatballs” on DL452 JFK-SEA (Sun 2 Oct)

the green-and-white dish was ostensibly the salad: pistachio-arugula pesto with burrata, and some halved figs … very odd in that I wouldn’t normally expect to eat pesto by the forkful; moreover, why not a focaccia or ciabatta roll rather than a corn muffin?

my “Autumn chopped salad”

the pre-order menu said this was supposed to come with a side of fresh seasonal fruit, which would have been far preferable to the pesto/burrata combo
I had the same meatballs dish recently and agree on the "salad" ... it was a massive, and not-very-appetizing-looking, glob of pesto ... I did not eat most of it. The dessert cake was very good, and very rich.

My seat neighbor had the brisket and it did look good, FWIW.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
We are flying Delta One from JFK-CPH next week and this is the selection I just received in an email. Will this be all that's available for the dinner meal? So if we don't pre-select, these will still be the only options on board, although with the risk of them running out of some choices?
Any update on that menu? (I can't get the quote to grab it all, but it had the Impossible Korean Burrger, cold shrimp, or cold chicken)
Old Oct 4, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Upcoming selection for ATL - DUB. Normally would opt for Tortelloni but am a bit jaded on truffle taste so thinking of the shrimp / grouper. Anyone tried it? Anyway, good selection I think.

Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:04 am
RJ1

LAX-DFW DL 1041 8:45am departure

Looks simple but tasty. Could have been a minute or so longer in the oven. Much better than a box. PDB offered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.