Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
Originally Posted by arkangel
My wife and I will be flying this same route, in F, in about 4 weeks. By then, the aircraft will have changed to an A319. Were these meals lunch, or dinner? And were you offered preselection?
These were F and yes I was sent an email a few days before the flights to select the meal. Given several options for meal choice. The FA had a printout with my selection already on it and confirmed I still wanted that selection. It was lunch.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:22 am

Atl - lhr / 9-4

Options

Here was the preorder menu. We both opted for the short rib meal, which was good. As it was reported earlier the chicken option is a thigh and leg, which is not my fav. Someone posted the flounder recently and it sounded like a nice review.

Never remember getting slippers but it has been a year since my last Delta One flight

PDB - options were champagne, mimosa, orange juice or a margarita

Hard to say exactly what this was, but it was good. A mix consisting of cheese and dried fruit.

Fox Bros BBQ Short Ribs w/mushroom soup. Salad was nice.

Sundae other option was sweet potato pie (spouse said that was good)

Service on this flight was great. Pre-arrival options were an omelet with Fox Bros Short Rib or porridge. Omelet was good although it was more like two eggs with short rib hash, but was still tasty IMO. I did not get a picture of it. Sounds like in reading recent reviews the porridge has been a let down so I take it the hot option is better if you like it. I will report back on the return. This forum has been very helpful and I want to return the help where I can! Thanks!
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cjn02c
Never remember getting slippers but it has been a year since my last Delta One flight
If memory serves, slippers used to be exclusively a TPAC thing, but since COVID I think I have seen them on all international D1 flights? Something like that anyway.
cjn02c likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DL 1152: MSP to SFO
September 10, 2022
Boeing 737-900, Breakfast

Menu was posted above, new for September:

The quiche was somewhat of a mystery based on the menu description. In fact, it is a plain quiche with a three cheese blend, asparagus, sausage, and bacon served on top:

It was decent. I'm not sure asparagus is the first thing I would think of to put on a quiche, but it worked out okay.

Also got to see the pumpkin-spice oatmeal:

which was a good selection for a cold breakfast.

It seems like with the September menu rotation they are pushing out for diversity, which is good and I think they are more or less back to pre-pandemic standards, modulo the rather distressing prevalence of cold meal options and drive-by sad boxes.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DL 885: SFO to MSP
September 11, 2022
Boeing 737-900, Lunch

Menuset was the Korean-spice burger and cold options much discussed upthread and seems to be the default lunchset for the fall. Overall I agree the menu is a little disappointing, with two cold options and a burger.

I tried the "Korean BBQ Spice Impossible Burger":

The salad was rather boring: a few spinach leaves and carrot (or maybe sweet potato?) shavings with a ramekin of sickly-sweet dressing, but it could be worse. I definitely did not catch most of the alleged ingredients on the palate.

I don't really care for mundane mushrooms texture-wise, so I will say the burger exceeded my expectations. The scallions and peppers worked well with the spices to flavor the whole affair, and so I could tolerate a little bit of mushroom texture on what was, overall, a tasty effect.

Cookie was tasty, but I agree with the commenters that regardless of quality, plastic-wrapped cookies feel cheap.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Platinum
https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/L...xB-static.html

New QR codes for First Class Digital Menu located on the IFE! Similar to D1.

Last edited by Minnyappleus; Sep 12, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by findark
September 10, 2022

The quiche was somewhat of a mystery based on the menu description. In fact, it is a plain quiche with a three cheese blend, asparagus, sausage, and bacon served on top:

It was decent. I'm not sure asparagus is the first thing I would think of to put on a quiche, but it worked out okay.

Also got to see the pumpkin-spice oatmeal:

which was a good selection for a cold breakfast.

It seems like with the September menu rotation they are pushing out for diversity, which is good and I think they are more or less back to pre-pandemic standards, modulo the rather distressing prevalence of cold meal options and drive-by sad boxes.
I get similar quiches on FLL DTW/MSP a lot and maybe it's my luck, but almost every time, they are served lukewarm and at times I can even feel some very cold spots.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A thought occurs to me - did the Souvla partnership (SFO catering) fall through? There was a brief window where they had a local partnership (a la SEA/LAX/JFK/etc) and now SFO is getting the "central" mealsets.

Also, is there a link to that menu page? I inferred some others based on airport code (SEA, JFK, ATL) but the other hubs weren't hits.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Beer and wine are in C+, but those are not liquor
Whoops, that’s my bad, misread his exact request.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Zorak
If memory serves, slippers used to be exclusively a TPAC thing, but since COVID I think I have seen them on all international D1 flights? Something like that anyway.
Yes the slippers have replaced the amenity kit socks on all D1 international flights.
cjn02c likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
September 10, 2022

pretty big difference between a “cheese quiche with asparagus and Swiss cheese” vs one with sausage & bacon.

not sure vegetarians would be pleased with that error
wrp96 and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
pretty big difference between a “cheese quiche with asparagus and Swiss cheese” vs one with sausage & bacon.

not sure vegetarians would be pleased with that error
It is clearly labelled as not vegetarian.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:46 pm

September 10, 2022

I hope nobody Jewish or Muslim is misled into ordering that, especially since they usually note when an item contains pork.
FlyAO2 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
Is the Bresaola in the charcuterie plate actually any good, or is it standard US supermarket quality?
Answering my own question, I found some Brooklyn Cured bresaola in a market, and it's good stuff. Not traditional, in that they season it with porcini mushrooms, but honestly this deviation from the tradition was only an improvement. Where I got it in the midwest it was discounted, but the going rate is over $40 per pound. It's a shame with meat this good it isn't coming with any hard cheese or arugula or similarly flavorful herb.

Last edited by flyerfirsts; Sep 12, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
It is clearly labelled as not vegetarian.
I mean, I think it's clear to those of us who are familiar with reading DL menus/pre-select, and arguably you could infer it's not vegetarian since the other entree is asterisked as such, but it wouldn't hurt DL to make these clearer, especially the discussion upthread about how they reuse the asterisk for everything.

A lot of restaurant menus use letters like V/veg, VG/vegan, GF/gluten free, etc. for which there's no ambiguity when they're re-used, dunno why DL doesn't do that instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.