Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
DL72 ATL-AMS SEP 2022

This is the new 'the Grey' menu.
Pre-selected the flounder. As usual the last couple of months also some catering problems on this flight

https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/ATL-AMS/indexAM.html

Amuse; cheese, a fig and honey/sugar ?? roasted nuts. It was good.

Soup, salad and bread: smoked mushroom soup was okish, maybe a little watery. Croutons found were in the soup way too long. Salad was good & fresh & a sticky hunk of bread.

"The Grey" GA coast flounder & oysters. Plenty of flounder on this plate, nicely cooked (not to dry).

Dessert; selected the ice cream sundea. Sadly still no cheese & port option onboard DL flights

Breakfast, porridge in this case. Meeeh, will skip it next time and ask for only the fruit.
Carfield and Points Scrounger like this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP 75K
DL1093 MSP-ANC First Class Meal

DL 1093 Minneapolis - Anchorage
Although our departure time was 9:10pm, this flight is over 2300 miles so we were offered a meal in First Class. The flight time was about 5 hours.
I was given the choice between short ribs or a vegetarian entrée and I chose the short ribs:
Carfield, sspontak and jewree like this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
ATL-PLS 8/25 and PLS-ATL 9/2

No PDB on either flight, not even sparkling wine or juice like pre-covid Caribbean flights. First flight didn't even have bottles of water at the seats.
Cold meal boxes: Ham sandwich (no joke), chicken salad, farro salad (which I got and was quite good).

ATL-based FA's on both flights who were completely apathetic. Service was fair at best and definitely not up to DL standards. It was obvious they did not care.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 5:37 am

Breakfast choices for an upcoming flight - has anyone got any ideas why the avocado toast isn’t vegetarian? I’m tempted to select it but not if they’ve decided to throw some bacon in or something!
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Leaving aside the comments about the food, if the wine/beer/dessert are all "ask your flight attendant" and DL is using QR menus instead of printed menus, couldn't they just update the link every few days based on what they know the caterer is provisioning to add this detail? I used to enjoy reading the tasting notes on the wines and doubt the flight attendants are able to replicate any of that.

Also disappointed to see no more cheese option for dessert based on the posts here - the "plated at your seat" experience pre-Covid set DL apart versus other business classes
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Leaning towards the beef sandwich, unless some of you were disappointed with it? Also, am I the only one not fond of cherry tomatoes?

FC options BOS - RSW
Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Also, am I the only one not fond of cherry tomatoes?
Raw and unripe in a salad they are awful.

Roasted in the ravioli they are probably quite tasty.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
This discussion is super long… I’m starting to travel again regularly after a long lull due to COVID and job changes. I flew MLB-ATL-RDU on Monday in C+. The only catering on the MLB flight was white wine, miller lite, and nuts/cookies (and presumably soft drinks). The ATL-RDU flight, also in C+, was water only. No soda, no alcohol, no snacks. It this a standard thing now? I was in B class because it was a last minute booking and it’s insane that they didn’t have anything in a quasi-premium cabin, especially since I paid $850 for the RT tickets…

I apologize for not digging thru the discussion thread. I’m hoping someone can give me a quick tl;dr on it. I’m mostly curious if it’s a ...... policy change or if it’s due to supply chain or labor issues with the caterers.

Last edited by realjd; Sep 9, 2022 at 4:13 pm
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by realjd
This discussion is super long… I’m starting to travel again regularly after a long lull due to COVID and job changes. I flew MLB-ATL-RDU on Monday in C+. The only catering on the MLB flight was white wine, miller lite, and nuts/cookies (and presumably soft drinks). The ATL-RDU flight, also in C+, was water only. No soda, no alcohol, no snacks. It this a standard thing now? I was in B class because it was a last minute booking and it’s insane that they didn’t have anything in a quasi-premium cabin, especially since I paid $850 for the RT tickets…

I apologize for not digging thru the discussion thread. I’m hoping someone can give me a quick tl;dr on it. I’m mostly curious if it’s a ...... policy change or if it’s due to supply chain or labor issues with the caterers.
Was there any weather on ATL - RDU?

I fly the route frequently and have never had a problem getting drink of choice. There are times when they publicly say they are only offering water / soda / etc., but in C+ they've always given me something if I ask for it
Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:53 pm

Three cheese quiche from PHX-MSP breakfast selection. Apologies for the blurry photo. Overall just enjoyed having something hot and not a box like last time I flew FC. About what you would expect, egg, mixture of cheese and they put some green beans and what I think was a dash of a meat sauce underneath the cheese (but not baked into the quiche), at least I think it was meat. Wasn't a fan of the jam or what not that they provided on the side. I would get it again, especially compared to the other choices of oatmeal or the charcuterie/cheese tray

Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond

Sadly, this is the policy. Both of your flights were between 251-499 miles.

0-250 Miles - No Service in C+ or Y
251-499 Miles - Coffee, Tea, Water in Y; C+ also gets beer and wine. No soft drinks or liquor, even in C+.
500+ Miles - Full beverage service.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-p...ices-amenities

As someone who flies a lot of sub 500 mile flights, the Delta experience in C+ has really fallen to a disappointing place.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Duke787
Was there any weather on ATL - RDU?

I fly the route frequently and have never had a problem getting drink of choice. There are times when they publicly say they are only offering water / soda / etc., but in C+ they've always given me something if I ask for it
Nope, none at all. This was both on my ATL-RDU on Monday and back yesterday. Both ways, water or coffee only, no snacks. I even asked was was told no. The MLB-ATL-MLB flights are marginally longer and they both had beer and wine in C+, but the only other options were water and coffee. Those had a snack both ways.

I’m also irritated that the bartender SkyClub last night wouldn’t change the NFL network covering nothing over to either the US Open or college football. He said Delta says they can’t change the TVs anymore. But that’s unrelated and a small annoyance; I just wanted to complain!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by spudley007
There were 15 beef preorders on my flight today, and I'll say the beef is very tasty. The risotto was ok. The side salad was a bit odd in my opinion. I didn't see the other options as everybody around me had the beef.

I ordered the short ribs on my flight last night and the side salad was amazing! I would LOVE to find a recipe to make it at home. It was sweet potatoes, some type of cheese, nuts and sprouts. I must say the entire meal was the BEST food I have ever had on any flight in the past!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM PM

I’m also irritated that the bartender SkyClub last night wouldn’t change the NFL network covering nothing over to either the US Open or college football. He said Delta says they can’t change the TVs anymore. But that’s unrelated and a small annoyance; I just wanted to complain!
That may be a porky-pie - I've seen the bartenders switch channels at the request of guests, after checking that others don't mind.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Another scrumptious meal on DL….luckily my flight was 5 hours - not sure I could have finished all that food if the flight was short. My slice of bread cut into 3s was just way too much food

NotHamSarnie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.