Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by jrl767
this probably belongs in the “Least Important Thing to Complain About” thread, but OP’s use of “downgraded” in the thread title really rubs me the wrong way ... it just seems to emphasize that one particular DL 360 cares more about the inflight experience than the gravity of the worldwide situation and the need to adapt a lot of behaviors — both personal and corporate — in the interest of reducing risk to all
hey, I should add that my concern here is that these cuts are made for financial/cost control reasons, rather than health. If these were legitimate health concerns, wouldn’t the changes have been made early last week when we shut down the rest of the service economy?
GLT and COVID 19 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:55 pm

Wow. They really don't want people to feel anything enjoyable about flying.
thestatuschaser likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:02 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I think "downgraded" is a reasonable way to put it. I do think trimming meal offerings back is fair, but I'm a little bit surprised that cans of soda (no cups, no ice, but a straight can) are out.

Also, "adjusted" (and "modified") rankles me because it comes off as trying to pass off a reduction in service as a neutral shuffle. As an example, I am far too used to "modified service" mean "we have cancelled your train".

Edit: Also, this does a pretty good job of wrecking at least part of the proposition for bothering to buy First, especially given load factors.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL seems to like the word enhanced to describe a variety of changes.
DiverDave, AANYC1981 and COVID 19 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL seems to like the word enhanced to describe a variety of changes.
I was deliberately not going there ... maybe just keep it factual (and less obviously opinionated) ... “reductions”?

apologies for the digression :/
COVID 19 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
While cash preservation is certainly one of the goals, such reductions are also intended to limit contact points and halt/slow any potential spread.
THIS
JBa, EuropeanPete and COVID 19 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
While cash preservation is certainly one of the goals, such reductions are also intended to limit contact points and halt/slow any potential spread.
Yep, this is really in the FA's best interests in keeping them healthy. Considering inconsiderate passengers are out there like the one confirmed virus person from JFK recently banned on Jetblue.
COVID 19 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This is ridiculous for long flights. I get most of the changes. However not offering cans of soda/juice (without cup/ice) has no safety effect. Restaurants are even in most places (though this changes by the day) allowed to have you eat in. They just have to ensure social distancing.

I cant wait till a diabetic on a LAX-JFK or HNL-ATL goes into diabetic shock from low sugar levels. Not having food will only increase these incidents. Not having juice/soda will mean no way to counter the low blood sugar level.

I dont think anyone argues with DL imposing ordered/requested safety measures. However these are not ordered, requested, or even recommended safety measures. These are DL being cheap and not thinking about fact people need actual food/drink especially on long flights.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Well, that's unfortunate.

I would certainly hope that this is only temporary until the crisis is over and/or they get their financial aid
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
IMO, I can't see the problem with anything DL is doing. The reality is you are flying in a confined, metal tube. It takes only one person to put the entire aircraft at risk. The more times F/A's interact with passengers, they are not only risking themselves, but they also can become carriers of COVID-19 to other passengers. Once up in the air, your options of "distancing" may become limited, so the less interaction, the better.

Also, DL is parking up to 600 aircraft...I think that says enough about the financial stress they are under. For two upcoming flights, I can now buy first class seats for less than what I paid for main cabin.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:00 am

I mean what's more important your "Woodford on the rocks" or the safety of your flight crew.

(Yes I know some of you will pick option A, which should automatically qualify you for the DYKWIA Hall of Fame)
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
no coffee? no thanks.

<sets mug down, jittering>
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I mean what's more important your "Woodford on the rocks" or the safety of your flight crew.

(Yes I know some of you will pick option A, which should automatically qualify you for the DYKWIA Hall of Fame)
Safety of flight crew absolutely. Therefore, leave the flight attendants off and load the Woodford so we can help ourselves. Seriously, though, why is anyone even flying unless it is an absolute necessity? Apparently, there are even still people talking about mileage runs which is ludicrous.
JBa likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Wow....even AA is at least boarding alcohol in FC....these DL cuts seem a little drastic.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dlffla
Safety of flight crew absolutely. Therefore, leave the flight attendants off and load the Woodford so we can help ourselves. Seriously, though, why is anyone even flying unless it is an absolute necessity? Apparently, there are even still people talking about mileage runs which is ludicrous.
Theres plenty of people in critical jobs that need travel, some of which aren't jobs one necessarily thinks of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.