Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Heading to ATL tomorrow via SEA in Delta FC (A330 no less). Have they started to really limit in flight services (beyond blankets, pillows, etc.)? I received a meal pre-select email which listed what I would consider to be normal meal options. However, curious if they've implemented a downgrade in meals based on recent developments.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
First thing I noticed was the flight attendants all had gloves. No pillow or blanket. All seats have only the safety card and a barf bag. No magazine. Two things I don't understand. Why no hot towel. Don't they discard them rather than reuse? And the plastic cups. Can't see how they would contaminate. Is it just to save on cleaning time? We had china and silverware.

Oh one more thing, social distancing. Two flight attendants serving lunch on a 739 close quarters galley. And then sitting shoulder to shoulder on the jump seat.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm a little surprised by them in the jumpseats given the slew of empty space on almost all flights at this point. Is there any rule saying they couldn't take (making up a number here) 25D instead?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by boeingATL
First thing I noticed was the flight attendants all had gloves. No pillow or blanket. All seats have only the safety card and a barf bag. No magazine. Two things I don't understand. Why no hot towel. Don't they discard them rather than reuse? And the plastic cups. Can't see how they would contaminate. Is it just to save on cleaning time? We had china and silverware.

Oh one more thing, social distancing. Two flight attendants serving lunch on a 739 close quarters galley. And then sitting shoulder to shoulder on the jump seat.
I think it's what the crew touches/reuses after the passenger will have touched it. With normal loads (and now isn't normal) there isn't enough glassware loaded to replace each passengers' glass with every refill. Service trays/silverware etc. aren't subject to reuse during the flight the same way glassware is. That reasoning of course doesn't explain the hot towels...
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Posted in wrong thread.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by KCSD2705
Heading to ATL tomorrow via SEA in Delta FC (A330 no less). Have they started to really limit in flight services (beyond blankets, pillows, etc.)? I received a meal pre-select email which listed what I would consider to be normal meal options. However, curious if they've implemented a downgrade in meals based on recent developments.
effective tomorrow significant changes in F, water bottles and a snack choice.

900+ receives water bottle, snack and a non perishable flight fuel box.

no liquor, soft drinks, beer or juice is being boarded in any cabin for domestic flights.

first flights of the day and random flights may receive standard provisioning as catering adjusts.
Xeno likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I'm a little surprised by them in the jumpseats given the slew of empty space on almost all flights at this point. Is there any rule saying they couldn't take (making up a number here) 25D instead?
This would require a waiver from the FAA. Currently only adjustments can be made if the jumpseat is inoperative in accordance with current procedures.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Cabin Service Downgraded

Folks, per internal memo, it looks like cabin service is being severely axed across all cabins. Details below. This feels like 2008 again...

NO Alcohol or other beverage other than water are being catered onboard the aircraft for any cabin
First class:
0-999 miles: No pre-set water or PDB service
Bottle of water and snack in flight (no snack basket)
900+ miles: Bottle of water, snack, and non perishable Flight Fuel box (includes domestic Delta One)
**Note: Now based on mileage only, exception markets no longer apply
C+ and Main Cabin:
0-350 miles: No service
351+ miles: Bottle of water and a snack (no C+ snack basket)
COVID 19 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not surprising. Until an aid package of some sort is passed and people / businesses start traveling again, DL (and the others) are just hemorrhaging cash.

Unfortunate for the few traveling but if it needs to be done to stay afloat, I get it.
seowitz and COVID 19 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:17 pm

I already feel my Delta long-haul from Incheon to Seattle is going to consist of a prepackaged microwaved hot dog from 7-11, and can of tuna at this rate.
technole, ryw, A321neo and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by givionte
I already feel my Delta long-haul from Incheon to Seattle is going to consist of a prepackaged microwaved hot dog from 7-11, and can of tuna at this rate.
i assume you're talking about Delta One

In Y, it'd be a scoop of beans. At best.
COVID 19 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Two things I don't understand. Why no hot towel.
It’s because pax would first use the hot towels on their faces or other body parts and then use the same towel to wipe down the seat, tray tables, etc, thus potentially spreading germs all over...
Xeno, seowitz, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
While cash preservation is certainly one of the goals, such reductions are also intended to limit contact points and halt/slow any potential spread.
Xeno, technole, seowitz and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
how about “reduced” or “adjusted”

this probably belongs in the “Least Important Thing to Complain About” thread, but OP’s use of “downgraded” in the thread title really rubs me the wrong way ... it just seems to emphasize that one particular DL 360 cares more about the inflight experience than the gravity of the worldwide situation and the need to adapt a lot of behaviors — both personal and corporate — in the interest of reducing risk to all
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jrl767
this probably belongs in the “Least Important Thing to Complain About” thread, but OP’s use of “downgraded” in the thread title really rubs me the wrong way ... it just seems to emphasize that one particular DL 360 cares more about the inflight experience than the gravity of the worldwide situation and the need to adapt a lot of behaviors — both personal and corporate — in the interest of reducing risk to all
If anyone is still flying at this point, I’d hope it’s essential and drink service should be the least of anyone’s worried during the flight.
Bear96, seowitz, dlffla and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Mar 25, 2020 at 6:26 am Reason: removed comment post merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.