Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I don’t know why DL can’t offer cans of juice (specifically OJ since ice isn’t really needed). It would be great for morning flight and be super easy to serve alongside the beer/wine. It would also offer something other than water for those who don’t drink or are underage.
indeed...it can’t too difficult to cater coffee and canned drinks... i mean, really, Delta, it can’t be that hard at all!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I don’t know why DL can’t offer cans of juice (specifically OJ since ice isn’t really needed). It would be great for morning flight and be super easy to serve alongside the beer/wine. It would also offer something other than water for those who don’t drink or are underage.
Not to mention, something more appropriate for children or diabetics in need of some quick sugar.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Questionable on some routes?

Just flew r/t FC BOS-RDU last weekend and today. Received pre-board Purell wipe and Y bag (goldfish, water, chocolate, biscoff), but nothing else - no FAs in sight outside of landing trash collection.

Feels a bit silly to complain about not getting a beer on a flight, but both were marked as 500+ miles in the app and I expected the option. Thoughts?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CommuneNefas
Just flew r/t FC BOS-RDU last weekend and today. Received pre-board Purell wipe and Y bag (goldfish, water, chocolate, biscoff), but nothing else - no FAs in sight outside of landing trash collection.

Feels a bit silly to complain about not getting a beer on a flight, but both were marked as 500+ miles in the app and I expected the option. Thoughts?
Yep, BOS-RDU is 612mi so there should have been beer and wine catered. Certainly worthy of a complaint.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Did you ask the FA, ringing your call button if necessary?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Did you ask the FA, ringing your call button if necessary?
Fair questions, though not 100% on board with needing to request every item when quoted a "service" rather than "available upon request" (as the Delta website states).

I asked FA at the start of the flight (before takeoff) and she said she would see if she could get back to me later. Didn't feel like ringing the call button later in the flight (admittedly my decision and may have changed outcome) due to aforementioned nigglings about it being a single beer on a short flight.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
100% send in a complaint. If people don't bring attention to the service failures, nothing will improve.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
indeed...it can’t too difficult to cater coffee and canned drinks... i mean, really, Delta, it can’t be that hard at all!
According to DLs own listed COVID health protocols, they want to limit FA touch points and making coffee goes against their own guidelines since the FAs have to touch multiple surfaces to make it so it would probably be the last drink added back. OJ on the other hand could easily be added alongside the beer/wine since it’s already pre-canned and doesn't require ice.

Originally Posted by p100a
Not to mention, something more appropriate for children or diabetics in need of some quick sugar.
I agree they really need a non-alcoholic drink option that isn’t water added back onboard. It would be a bad look if a DL flight had to make an emergency landing due to a diabetic having a low sugar and not having appropriate catering. The few bucks saved by not catering the flight with no juice/soda options would quickly be erased by the thousands of $ for cost of the diversion.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I agree they really need a non-alcoholic drink option that isn’t water added back onboard. It would be a bad look if a DL flight had to make an emergency landing due to a diabetic having a low sugar and not having appropriate catering. The few bucks saved by not catering the flight with no juice/soda options would quickly be erased by the thousands of $ for cost of the diversion.
DL has already saved many millions by cutting beverage services, so it will take a lot of diversions to cut into that. But this is getting very OT, and we don't need to shut this thread down again.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Northbound BOGATL.

Flight was delayed an hour. BOG airport has beautiful facilities but all the flights are leaving at the same time, so immigration/security bottleneck and significant. All lounges are closed except the airport one, which accepts priority pass. Food was horrible in that contract lounge (has nothing to do with delta)

Onboard the flowing is offered. Sandwich is reasonable, but that dessert is horrible (although it looked nicer than the lemon bar on the way down, the simple lemon bar was way better - I hope it’s not spoiled, we will see).

Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Folks -

Kind reminder. We Reopened this thread and things have mostly been on track. I just cleaned up numerous posts. Please keep this on topic so we don't need to close the thread again.

Ryandc99
Moderator Delta Air Lines
If the thread is reopened, why does it still show as locked??
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aloha1
If the thread is reopened, why does it still show as locked??
Doesn't show as locked for me...
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Never mind. My mistake. I think the way to keep this thread open is to retitle it based on the majority of posts: "Current DL Food Offerings and Future Food Rumors."
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Any rumors yet about in flight service in F returning before summer
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Any rumors yet about in flight service in F returning before summer
Yes March-ish has been the latest I have heard/read.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.