Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
**Update 7/21/21 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

- 6/15 Hot meal service returns to select D1/FC Transcon flights - JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX + BOS-SEA/LAX
- 6/15 Snack basket returns to select FC/C+/and D1 flights as well as Y Flight Fuel Box sales returning
- 7/28 (limited to SEA/SFO/LAX/SLC to/from hubs/focus cities) Meals on FC flights over 1500 miles departing before 9PM. Meals will likely be cold/uncooked items like salads and sandwiches.
- 8/17 and 8/24 Remaining FC flights over 1500 miles get meals.

- 8/24 hub-to-hub (inc. focus cities) routes between 900 and 1500 miles get meals
- 8/31 full restoration of old meal service standard (meal windows seem to be gone) with all FC flights between 900-1500 miles getting meals
https://news.delta.com/la-chefs-jon-shook-vinny-dotolo-headline-return-fresh-meals-deltas-premium-domestic-cabins

**Update 4/14 North America, Latin America, and Caribbean***

All Cabins, Purell wipe or similar during boarding
Beverages: 7.5oz mini cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic, Club, Orange, Cran, Bloody Mary Mix, Coffee Tea, Water.
Spirits: Finlandia Vodka, Jack, Bombay Gin, Woodford, Tip Top Old Fashioned & Margarita, Sweetwater 420 & Hazy IPA, Miller Lite, White/Red/Sparkling Wine

F/C - All Flights - NO PDB OR PRE-SET WATER - Full Beverage Selection, Sweet & Salty Snack
F/C 900+ - Choice of Non-Perishable flight fuel box.
F/C 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

C+, M/C - < 251 - No Service
C+, M/C
- 251+ - 8oz water, Coffee/Tea, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty) C+ Only: Beer/Wine
C+, M/C - 500+ - Full Beverage, 2 Snacks (Sweet/Salty), Ice On Request, C+ Only: Complimentary Spirits
C+, M/C - 1500+ - Pre Arrival Second Beverage Service
**you can always request refills**

Tap To Pay activated on Flight Attendant Devices For Contactless Payments.
*on domestic widebodies D1 gets domestic FC service. A/C that have PS are C+ service and C+ is MC service.*

For your convenience, note that the contents of the Bistro (orange) box are pictured in post #3814 while a detailed list of the contents of the Market (yellow) box is given in post #3471.
Print Wikipost

DL In Flight Service Changes during COVID-19 (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
You are mistaken. I’ve flown D1 on this route many times. It’s been quite a while, but I just booked it again.
Yes, you flew in a D1 seat, however you didn’t receive D1 service or amenities.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
sorry, you’re mistaken. I’ve flown D1 on this route many times. Been a while, so maybe they removed the route, but I just booked it again.
This route has never had D1 service. It's impossible for you to have booked it as it doesn't exist.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
sorry, you’re mistaken. I’ve flown D1 on this route many times. Been a while, so maybe they removed the route, but I just booked it again.

As others have said, but just to confirm, you are incorrect. Sometimes there have been D1 seats because DL is using an airplane with that cabin, but D1 is a service level that includes more than just the seats. It is the food and beverage, the number of flight attendants in the cabin, special check-in at LAX, full size blankets & pillows, etc. None of that has ever been offered on this route, or on any domestic route to ATL.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
None of that has ever been offered on this route, or on any domestic route to ATL.
Except HNL, which was regular FC service as well for a time.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:03 pm

Is D1 service DCA/LAX on hold? Looks like they have removed lie flats to end of schedule.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by coffee18
Is D1 service DCA/LAX on hold? Looks like they have removed lie flats to end of schedule.
Premium demand is just about zero on that route right now, so I'm not surprised. 737s are cheaper to operate, and I'm sure they'd prefer to keep the cycles on the 757Ss down.
coffee18 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Premium demand is just about zero on that route right now, so I'm not surprised. 737s are cheaper to operate, and I'm sure they'd prefer to keep the cycles on the 757Ss down.
I see 757's with recliner Domestic First seats on that route when I searched for random dates.
Also, it's not surprising that DL removed their 757S aircraft on this route as United also removed their 787-10 on this route 1-2 months ago and they are only operating the old 2-4-2 J configured 77E's on selected dates up to 4 January. Other than those UA flights, there is no lie-flat service on the WAS-LAX route for the near future.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I see 757's with recliner Domestic First seats on that route when I searched for random dates.
Also, it's not surprising that DL removed their 757S aircraft on this route as United also removed their 787-10 on this route 1-2 months ago and they are only operating the old 2-4-2 J configured 77E's on selected dates up to 4 January. Other than those UA flights, there is no lie-flat service on the WAS-LAX route for the near future.
The best thing that could happen for this market would be B6 starting Mint service.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
The best thing that could happen for this market would be B6 starting Mint service.
Unfortunately JetBlue only has one perimeter exception slot, so they'd have to drop their SJU service. Seems unlikely.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Unfortunately JetBlue only has one perimeter exception slot, so they'd have to drop their SJU service. Seems unlikely.
I was talking WAS-LAX in general, not necessarily DCA-LAX. Though it would seem LAX is a much more important market from DCA than SJU. Just move SJU to IAD and make DCA-LAX a nice mint route, although I’m not sure an A321 can get out of DCA with a transcon load...
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
This route has never had D1 service. It's impossible for you to have booked it as it doesn't exist.
Really? Hmmm. D1 departure lounge, got walked through security, Comforter, pillow, pre-departure champagne, a hamburger, and then sleep. Sounds like D1 service to me.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Really? Hmmm. D1 departure lounge, got walked through security, Comforter, pillow, pre-departure champagne, a hamburger, and then sleep. Sounds like D1 service to me.
Sure you aren't misremembering a LAX-JFK flight instead of LAX-ATL?
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak
Sure you aren't misremembering a LAX-JFK flight instead of LAX-ATL?
Maybe they were moving the aircraft to an area where it was needed?
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:37 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sassybritches
Maybe they were moving the aircraft to an area where it was needed?
No one's surprised about D1-equipped aircraft operating LAX-ATL, since that was a regular occurrence, but I don't think that route has ever been D1-marketed.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
No one's surprised about D1-equipped aircraft operating LAX-ATL, since that was a regular occurrence, but I don't think that route has ever been D1-marketed.
...although it's easy to believe that the cleaning/restocking crew saw a D1 plane and loaded the D1 pillows/comforters even for a non-D1-marketed route, which has probably happened more than a few times.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.