Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Yeah I found that out... now I just start off with 'representative' before asking anything... first couple times using it I was like wth is this chatbot doing.

Still took a couple hours or so to get a response to take care of the issue.
Might as well try both, but if I'm waiting for a few hours I prefer to take my chances with a phone agent.
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:33 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Flight change would not process online this morning for itinerary bought 2am last night. Medallion line said 11 hours for a callback. Hoping the chatbot does a little better during flight here. So much for taking a nap-- at least I'm on AM, where there's coffee and a salmon filet will be served in 40 minutes -- even if rows 1-4 board last.

UPDATE: Chat was quicker than the meal service.

Last edited by kthomas; Apr 14, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Do I 'win' the longest time for a customer service response- 4 months and counting. Back in January, I sent in a note saying that, hey, I know I missed GM by 84 miles for this year. Don't suppose you could somehow call it close enough? I finally got a response today from a first level CS rep saying that there wasn't anything they could do directly but they could escalate it to a supervisor and see what happens.

I never had any big expectations that they'd say 'yes' so I'm more amused than anything else about my request suddenly reappearing after it had seemed to be swallowed by the void. I fully expect to get a denial e-mail from that supervisor two weeks after I hit the AmEx waiver in 2021 and get GM/PM anyways because of rollover MQMs and travel plans for the rest of the year.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
This is one data point only, but I had to call United today, as someone with no status on United. Quoted 10-15 minutes for an agent. Got agent in 10 minutes.

Delta *really* needs to fix this hold time mess for their own sake. It can't possibly be good for business.
kthomas likes this.

Last edited by ty97; Apr 15, 2021 at 3:53 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Do I 'win' the longest time for a customer service response- 4 months and counting. Back in January, I sent in a note saying that, ....
Hey, I'm still trying to get credit for SVO->CDG->ORD flown in January of 2020. Booked on Delta.com, they credited the first leg out of Warsaw. Haven't gotten back to me in ... since September?
beachmouse likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Even though I got a push notification that my boarding pass is available I go on the app and it says I dno't have an electronic ticket. Call Diamond desk and am told the call back time is 2 hours and forty minutes. Wonder what it is for someone with no status.

Hopefully I can get through tomorrow or the line isn't long to see an agent at the airport.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by thelifeofa_nkcm
funny you mention singapore, this was the exact trick many were using early on in the pandemic.

sydneyracquelle i'm currently on mobile, so i really don't want to have scroll all the way up to your post --what's the number again? :d
011 65 6336 3371
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
For those who have used the Singapore call center, anyone have better luck with RUCs and less shena from those agents not knowing what they are doing?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The Singapore call center knows the ins and outs of the DL system. While I've never called the direct number, I've had their agents process things and it always went correctly and smoothly.
obscure2k and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rylan
The Singapore call center knows the ins and outs of the DL system. While I've never called the direct number, I've had their agents process things and it always went correctly and smoothly.
I remember the SIN center used to handle the queue of processing certificates anyways...so if that is still the case, they probably are THE experts on such things
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I remember the SIN center used to handle the queue of processing certificates anyways...so if that is still the case, they probably are THE experts on such things
Yep, time was that an inbound phone call from SIN generally meant good news re: some waitlisted segment
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Not directly related to hold times, but I called last night to rebook a ticket that had decreased in price, and got connected (after waiting 3 hours for a callback) to one of the worst agents I've had in a long time. She was very unpleasant, and stated that I could only change to a different flight, and wasn't allowed to receive a credit for the fare difference more than 24 hours after ticket purchase.
When I pushed back, she spoke to a "support desk" and came back saying that they made a one-time exception but that she had added a note on my SkyMiles account indicating that I couldn't do this in the future . And she didn't transfer me to the survey after the call, but instead waited for me to hang up; I obviously didn't, and after 3 minutes of silence she transferred me to American Express

Thankfully the Twitter team was helpful as always today and very apologetic, assuring me that they had removed those notes from my account and passed on the appropriate feedback for the agent.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:31 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aacar
Not directly related to hold times, but I called last night to rebook a ticket that had decreased in price, and got connected (after waiting 3 hours for a callback) to one of the worst agents I've had in a long time. She was very unpleasant, and stated that I could only change to a different flight, and wasn't allowed to receive a credit for the fare difference more than 24 hours after ticket purchase.
When I pushed back, she spoke to a "support desk" and came back saying that they made a one-time exception but that she had added a note on my SkyMiles account indicating that I couldn't do this in the future . And she didn't transfer me to the survey after the call, but instead waited for me to hang up; I obviously didn't, and after 3 minutes of silence she transferred me to American Express

Thankfully the Twitter team was helpful as always today and very apologetic, assuring me that they had removed those notes from my account and passed on the appropriate feedback for the agent.
Better than being transferred to American Airlines.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by aacar

I did this just yesterday using iMessage chat and the agent happily issued an eCredit after re-issuing my ticket at the lower fare.

If all else fails, you can cancel your ticket and buy a new one using your eCredit.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I did this just yesterday using iMessage chat and the agent happily issued an eCredit after re-issuing my ticket at the lower fare.
Yeah, I've been successful doing this via chat in the past, but unfortunately wasn't able to get through to an agent yesterday. I also considered calling SIN, but wanted to avoid having a credit in SGD.

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
If all else fails, you can cancel your ticket and buy a new one using your eCredit.
Tried that too, but wasn't able to cancel online

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.