Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Everything they do to correct their incompetence seems to be a "one time exception"
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:19 pm

"We are anticipating high call volume this weekend".

Current hold time: 2h 15m for PM....
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aacar
Yeah, I've been successful doing this via chat in the past, but unfortunately wasn't able to get through to an agent yesterday. I also considered calling SIN, but wanted to avoid having a credit in SGD.

Tried that too, but wasn't able to cancel online
It would still be in USD.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It would still be in USD.
Whenever I've called the Singapore line directly, as recently as a couple months ago, they've only been able to transact in SGD. However, when I've called the US number at night and been connected to a SIN agent, they use USD.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
On a positive note, I had a 10-min hold time late yesterday night (11:30 pm PT) and got a very competent agent. The times, they may be a-changing?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:59 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Last night I tried calling the diamond line and was quoted for a 1 hour call back. The actual call back 3.5 hours later which Missed because I fell asleep. The craziness continues.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
I have a trip to Alaska of which part will need to be on AS. Hold time last night was 1 hour 19 minutes and agent was extremely rude. They have the exact same callback system as DL.

The Delta wait times have been frustrating but don’t assume others are much better.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
4:15 is what I was just quoted ?!?!?! I could fly to FL and speak with an agent in person faster
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:43 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
4:15 is what I was just quoted ?!?!?! I could fly to FL and speak with an agent in person faster
The "traditional" HUCA advice sometimes significantly alters the wait times.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
The "traditional" HUCA advice sometimes significantly alters the wait times.
I doubt there are enough people that actually do HUCA for it to really affect the wait times. Also, if the wait time is already long, I think people are a lot less likely to HUCA.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:57 pm

The question to ask is: Why?

There’s nothing going on: https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/

It’s not Schedule Change Saturday.

There’s no crazy weather out there.

This really is the “new normal” for Delta. Don’t expect anything to change unless it actually impacts the bottom line.
ryandc99 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:05 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
I doubt there are enough people that actually do HUCA for it to really affect the wait times. Also, if the wait time is already long, I think people are a lot less likely to HUCA.
I called a few weeks ago, was quoted 90 minutes, I hung up and called 5 minutes later, the wait was now 30 minutes
cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Ended up getting a call back in 1:05. It's all insane
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:14 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
After waiting over 2 hours for my "1 hour call back" tonight, I called back in and the system told me I still had another 2 hours to wait.

I hung up and called the singapore line, which got thru in about 30 seconds.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Holding times have been horrendous recently. Had an out of sync ticket for a flight over the weekend (so couldn’t check in) and it took 3 hours to get a callback and then took another hour to get the problem fixed (though the agent was incredibly nice about the whole time and it sounded like she was on hold for 90% of the time I was on hold with the various desks were working on it).

Likewise it took me 5+ hours to get a text back yesterday to assist in canceling a ticket for later this year (wedding was moved) so I could use the eCredit for a different trip.

The only positive is that the agents have been extremely competent (the first one had issues with RUCs that weren’t properly reissued when they were extended and that was causing issues with both the current ticket and future use and she was able to solve the issues to prevent future calling).
ryandc99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.