Search

New Uniforms?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 12:36 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Blue has always been one of Delta's colors.
Along with every other airline. There's literally zero identity in navy blue when 90% of flight attendants in the US and tons more internationally wear the exact same color.
jdrtravel, wrp96, muishkin and 1 others like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:38 pm

At least they picked something that stands out without being too gaudy. Without some relatively close inspection, I couldn't tell the difference between DL, AA, UA, and most carriers. They were all Dark Blue, Black, or a Dark Gray. It was boringly similar.

Hardly matters, this will be forgotten in a few weeks and we'll wonder why anyone was hot and bothered either direction in the first place!
jdrtravel likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Just flew this morning, the safety video is based on the new uniforms and the history of the various uniforms used. Also, the ground staff at the oustation (SDQ) were wearing the new uniform, and all employees at JFK and DCA.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I know I commented about this when they made the initial announcement about new uniforms, but the purple ones really look out of place and arguably downright class with the Delta color scheme. I really don't understand why they did them that color, especially since they have been at war with Qatar Air for a while.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:48 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
THIS:
Originally Posted by kop84
Hardly matters, this will be forgotten in a few weeks and we'll wonder why anyone was hot and bothered either direction in the first place!
Personally, I can never figure out why they hafto wear such cumbersome uniforms for a job that requires so much agility, and mobility - constantly on and off of planes, shuttles, trams, in and out of hotels, etc. I don't see why they don't wear a somewhat classier design of Southwest's polos and chinos!
Old May 29, 2018, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Purple is just red and navy mixed together. Moreover, in some societies, the color purple is associated with royalty (but in other societies ad eras, we have movies like Purple Rain and The Color Purple). Some Asian carriers use purple in uniforms to designate higher level cabin crew such as CX and SQ. Maybe another advantage of purple is that it doesn't seem to be the dominant color in the flags of many countries.

Closer to home, we have purple for the Vikings and for Northwestern University. No relation.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Just flew this morning, the safety video is based on the new uniforms and the history of the various uniforms used. Also, the ground staff at the oustation (SDQ) were wearing the new uniform, and all employees at JFK and DCA.
A Delta airport agent told me on Sunday that all Delta staff are required to wear the new uniform from today on. Apparently, it is not being phased in; it’s a total change as of today.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Purple is just red and navy mixed together. Moreover, in some societies, the color purple is associated with royalty (but in other societies ad eras, we have movies like Purple Rain and The Color Purple). Some Asian carriers use purple in uniforms to designate higher level cabin crew such as CX and SQ. Maybe another advantage of purple is that it doesn't seem to be the dominant color in the flags of many countries.
Agreed. I'd also point out that some of the scarves and pocket squares have red and blue in them, thereby incorporating the DL (and other airlines') colors.

Tempest in a teapot...
Old May 29, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
They look awful. FAs don’t appear to be thrilled when I asked about them.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold

Bastian must be a Gogol Bordello fan!
Old May 29, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Got my first 2 week break from traveling and I came back to purple unifroms?

Presonally think they look good. No issues or complaints from me. Just a uniform and nothing to get worked up over.

Last edited by apodo77; May 30, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old May 29, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
For all of the comments about purple being off-brand: brands can change. Delta's branding has changed many times over the years. Once we've spent some time with DL uniforms including some purple it will seamlessly appear as part of the brand. Also, the purple they choose looks beautiful with the navy & red they already use, and will add a nice new color to the rather sterile look of the a/c interiors.

Also, it's really good that DL regularly invests in updating the look & feel of the brand. It keeps things fresh.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Keep in mind Delta has been adding purple to the brand for some time now. Just look at the newest Sky Clubs, B Concourse in Atlanta, the new club in Seattle, etc.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Boarding a DL flight now and a number of people are commenting on the new uniforms (though I did see the old navy elsewhere on the concourse). None of the pax comments or FA responses are overtly or even implicitly negative FWIW.
Old May 29, 2018, 5:45 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
My financial adviser who is also an international reserve Delta pilot called me today on the way to the airport. I asked if he was wearing a new uniform - nope, he told me pilots don't have to start wearing that "Purple". No change for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.