Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What changes should Delta make?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
- redoing the whole stand up signs of PREM, SKY, Zone 1, etc that are popping up at ATL gates now. They are more of a disaster then the mess before since there is not enough room for folks to stand in line without it becoming a giant mess which this was supposed to fix.

- more consistent GA AND FA standards and recognition for the awesome ones. I write in via the website and DL twitter all the time for great flight crews or individuals but I'm never sure they get recognized. I would like a way to find out that they were recognized when I compliment them.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Let award tickets accumulate towards at least the MQM numbers. Your butt is in the seat even if you didn't "pay"

At a minimum let them at least count towards million miler status.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:57 am

1. Actually provide full meals on flights over 1500 miles, like they advertise. I can't remember the last time I received a full meal on a TCON. It probably wouldn't be as big a deal to me if they didn't advertise it, but they alas they do.

2. Provide JWD certificates to all medallion members.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thesaints
Not my experience, but I only flew UC a bunch of times.
Was it because you were the one *at* the bar?

In all seriousness, it depends on where in the cabin you're seated, just like how disruptive noise from chatty FAs only impacts passengers seated in the rows near the galley.

Bars aren't a problem at all if they are a serve yourself station like AF has, but if there's seating...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I'm a simple guy - I just want a way to upgrade into Premium Select withou blowing a GUC. My proposals include:

- Phantom upgrades at the gate for diamonds only, NW-style, into unsold PS seats
or
- A new Choice Benefit, separate from GUCs so it can be chosen in addition to them as two of your three options, allowing you to upgrade some subset of flights to PS.
or
- RUCs can now be used on PS cabins globally.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: First and Last time ever DL DM
DL codeshare on KE LAS-ICN please
Pay with miles on partner metal

I want nothing else.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
A Delta Sky Club in my home airport (BUF). After AA closed its club, it is reported that Delta was offered it but declined because they felt it was too far from the gates (they have 6-7, so considerable presence). I wouldn't care about the long walk, and wish there were a club. For almost 2 years BUF has been totally clubless.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gerstperson
A Delta Sky Club in my home airport (BUF). After AA closed its club, it is reported that Delta was offered it but declined because they felt it was too far from the gates (they have 6-7, so considerable presence). I wouldn't care about the long walk, and wish there were a club. For almost 2 years BUF has been totally clubless.
i would definitely appreciate one at IAD as well. DL has the entire end of the B Concourse there and operates a gate farther down in the morning due to equipment over flow.

I'll also be submitting feedback today over C+ in the torture tube CRJ200. Zero OH bin space as it's taken up by safety equipment, zero extra leg room as the sole row is on a bulkhead. Either move the safety equipment or give C+ a place to store simple carry-one.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tvtd
i would definitely appreciate one at IAD as well. DL has the entire end of the B Concourse there and operates a gate farther down in the morning due to equipment over flow.
I agree that there really should be a Sky Club at Dulles, I was really surprised when I found out there wasn't.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tvtd

I'll also be submitting feedback today over C+ in the torture tube CRJ200. Zero OH bin space as it's taken up by safety equipment, zero extra leg room as the sole row is on a bulkhead. Either move the safety equipment or give C+ a place to store simple carry-one.
IAD isn't happening unfortunately. For those with SkyClub memberships, or PP, the AF/KLM lounge is a 10 minute walk away.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:06 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by WWads
IAD isn't happening unfortunately. For those with SkyClub memberships, or PP, the AF/KLM lounge is a 10 minute walk away.
It's like 3 minutes max, if you're slow.

If you have PP then the Turkish lounge is a better option.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The suggestions that I strongly agree with are:

Warm Nuts (this is also what I miss the most from American)

Champagne or at the very least a good sparkling one like Roederer Estate in Domestic First and DeltaOne

Lowering the mile threshold for when meals are served from 900 to at least 800 miles (preferably 700)
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
It's like 3 minutes max, if you're slow.

If you have PP then the Turkish lounge is a better option.
The food is better, but the champagne is better at the Air France lounge.

However, I do like the private upstairs room at the Turkish lounge.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Mattress pads for long haul D1 flights.

Change the desert menu on long haul. Ice cream sundaes outlived their appeal a decade or two ago.

Actually make a fare "sale" a fare sale.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
Reasonable Biz Award availability down under

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.