Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What changes should Delta make?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Improve the beer selection in Delta One - add a couple of well chosen craft beers with descriptions similar to the wine selection

Add a decent single malt scotch in Delta One

Additional perks for exceeding MQM thresholds beyond 125k. Maybe an additional choice perk at 175k or something like that?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

Offer real Champagne in Domestic First Class and Delta One( Perrier Laurent is very good-had it in the Air France lounge at CDG).

Offer Craft Beers like Alagash, Chimay, Doghead etc.
Offer St. Germain Edelflower in Domestic First Class and Delta One

Offer Golden 8 Poire William(Pear Liquor) in Domestic First Class and Delta One

Offer Campari, Belvedere Vodka as well.

Ice Cream Sundaes for Domestic First and Delta One with a boutique ice cream supplier.

Change coffee from Starbucks to Peet's Phiz, Blue Bottle and offer Illys, Lavazza or Semifreddo's Espresso in Domestic First Class and Delta One(install a single cup Espresso machine for ala minute espresso).

Upgrade the San Jose-LAX flights to Shuttle Flights

Post First Class menus on Delta.com and allow passengers to provide input what they would like for their meal. Delta gives passengers in Delta One and Domestic First Class what ingredients are available and passengers could essentially create their own menu based on what they like and not have to worry about being served the unwanted cereal or odd salmon concoction .(Would need to be ingredients that don't take hours to heat).

Have hot bread in Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One that is of substantial quality like Squaw Bread etc.

Change the Delta Domestic First Seats to automatic recliners with legrests, massage feature and install the AVOD as part of the seat. I don't understand why Delta puts the screen on the seatback in front of you when you can open the AVOD monitor from the seat.

Serve Valhorna Chocolate Bars before landing in Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One.

Change up the complimentary drinks to differentiate Comfort+ and Delta Domestic First Class and Delta One such as offer a more luxurious Woodford Reserve, Camus XO Cognac etc.

Do away with Buy On Board meals and offer complimentary hot meals in Economy and Delta Comfort Plus on flights over 3.5 hours regardless of destination and Sandwich Boxes or Bagel Boxes in the AM and Cheese Plates for shorter flights of 45 minutes or more(perhaps have passengers pick it up at the boarding gate.

Offer Newspapers for download 30 hours before your fight like Air France does and even offer tabloids at the boarding gate on domestic and international flights.

Do away with each airline having their own frequent flier program and rules and just make it a SkyTeam Frequent Flier Program so you can upgrade on any airline, waive seat assignment fees for elites and make the miles more transparent for upgrades, award seats. Be able to use miles to upgrade to an Air France Premium Economy, Business, Class, Economy Comfort Seat up until boarding time. Offer miles and cash options and one SkyTeam Credit Card that offers Sky Boarding across all airlines, TSA Pre Check for all airlines part of the alliance, Free First Checked bag no matter what airline you are flying.

Do away with Basic Economy too many hassles involved.

Require airlines to follow uniform disability seating like on Air France assign a seat at the front of the plane for no extra cost like Delta does. Open up the ability for Delta and Air France to be able to access each others seat maps including other partner airlines such as KLM. Enough of this crap that each airline has its own rules and regulations its not an alliance. The rules should be uniform and as the USA is advanced in disability accommodations let the Air Carrier Act dictate the proper seating arrangements, wheelchair assistance worldwide and Delta would train the handlers worldwide so if someone uses a wheelchair in the US or abroad they would not notice the difference. Do away with outsourced handlers like Prospect and do away with tipping for handlers worldwide and offer them a competitive pay.

Do away with every airline having their own reservations center and have a SkyTeam Reservations center that can handle all airlines and merge all airline call centers to one SkyTeam center located in various locations and route American Calls to US Call Centers, European Calls to European Call Centers etc.

Stop outsourcing and hire people from their own respective countries to work at their own local airports or call centers. If you are a US resident then you will speak with people from Atlanta, MSP etc. IT is US Based etc.

Enforce contract lounges to operate under the SkyTeam rules and regulations to allow Diamonds to access it. Any SkyTeam Lounge operates under the SkyTeam rules and regulations. If I have an AMEX PLAT and I can access Delta lounges based on space availability then i should be able to enter an Air France lounge. Offer Day passes for Air France KLM and other partner lounges so that Economy passengers can access the lounge if there is space.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by danielonn; Aug 19, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They've done this on my last few international D1 flights.
I'm talking about domestic F (non-D1). I have had the nuts in D1 transcon, but on AA they are standard with any meal flight.

Again, a very very minor thing, just something I miss.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
One other thing I'd suggest: Let Diamonds into contract lounges when traveling internationally. I understand (even if I don't like) DL's rationale in removing Skyteam Elite+ access to contract lounges, but they should at least let Diamonds retain access.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
I'm talking about domestic F (non-D1). I have had the nuts in D1 transcon, but on AA they are standard with any meal flight.

Again, a very very minor thing, just something I miss.
Spot on!!!!!!!!! I expect hot nuts and ice cream sundaes no matter what FC product I am flying on.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:41 pm

One other thing offer Free 24 hour WIFI Day Passes to First Class and Delta One Passengers, Elites and a discount pass for Comfort+.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
* stop selling F so more DMs can get their upgrades as god intended
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
- Make RUC/GUC usable online, without the need of calling in while keeping one's fingers crossed hoping the agent will apply them correctly.

- Boost the MM program. Maybe don't give a gift to 1MM, but change the lifetime FO/GM/PM into begin the year with 25/50/75k MQM. Also, realign to today's thresholds. 4MM is needed for lifetime PM only because until a decade ago 100k MQM were needed to qualify for that level.

- As long as a GUC is good to upgrade from Y to J, then a RUC should be good to upgrade from Y to PS.

- Expand PS to more routes. Ideally, all TATL/TPAC should have it.

Last edited by thesaints; Aug 19, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by danielonn
Offer real Champagne in Domestic First Class and Delta One( Perrier Laurent is very good-had it in the Air France lounge at CDG).
Delta offers real champagne in international business-class. Domestically, I can't speak for JFK-LAX and the like, but prosecco has been offered on all flights with domestic first-class and comfort-plus since early this summer.

(install a single cup Espresso machine for ala minute espresso).
Unless Delta is surprising us, it doesn't look like took the opportunity to install an espresso machine on the A350. That's too bad, although I don't think Americans are, by and large, espresso drinkers. Sure, a latte or a cappuccino but not an espresso straight-up.

TAP, Portugal's flag-carrier, has espresso machines. It was pretty darn cool.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
One other thing offer Free 24 hour WIFI Day Passes to First Class and Delta One Passengers, Elites and a discount pass for Comfort+.
If you're paying $6-10,000-plus for international business-class the least Delta could do is complimentary in-flight wireless internet access. Or at least a discount.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Delta offers real champagne in international business-class. Domestically, I can't speak for JFK-LAX and the like, but prosecco has been offered on all flights with domestic first-class and comfort-plus since early this summer.

Unless Delta is surprising us, it doesn't look like took the opportunity to install an espresso machine on the A350. That's too bad, although I don't think Americans are, by and large, espresso drinkers. Sure, a latte or a cappuccino but not an espresso straight-up.

TAP, Portugal's flag-carrier, has espresso machines. It was pretty darn cool.
I have Italian in my blood and love Espresso. In Italy I got a good shot of Espresso for 1 Euro vs $3 for the cheap swill need I say more?

What I like to do is pour Espresso over Ice Cream which I did on an international flight in J that had an Espresso Machine. I made my own Affogatto with a good shot of Espresso over the ice cream and Amaretto!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL - PM
1. Make the change fees more reasonable. I get that if I cancel a flight they day of departure they might not be able to resell the seat, but a month out they won't have any problem.
2. Offer some sort of plated snack on the 900+ mile flights that fall outside of meal windows.
3. How about a free buy-on-board meal item in Comfort Plus on flights over 1500 miles?
4. It's been said a few times, but I'll echo the warm nuts on meal flights.

Am I too obsessed with the food?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ordhater
1. Make the change fees more reasonable. I get that if I cancel a flight they day of departure they might not be able to resell the seat, but a month out they won't have any problem.
2. Offer some sort of plated snack on the 900+ mile flights that fall outside of meal windows.
3. How about a free buy-on-board meal item in Comfort Plus on flights over 1500 miles?
4. It's been said a few times, but I'll echo the warm nuts on meal flights.

Am I too obsessed with the food?
Your not obsessed with food. To add to your list better than plated snacks how about an Airport Voucher of $30 per passenger that automatically prints with your boarding pass on those rare non meal flights or the option for 15,000 SkyMiles if you have no time to use the voucher. So if the voucher is not used the miles are automatically applied. For instance at SJC they have a nice wine bar and local restaurants as does ATL. You could go to a Brewery at the airport for good Craft Beer and Food. Anything above $30 is on you. Just like the Voluntary Denied Boarding Vouchers for meals it would work the same way except that you can print it online with a Barcode and Numbers that the vendor enters in.

The same voucher could be given if you did not like the choice of meal onboard the Flight Attendant would mark it on their IPAD device that you did not eat and to go to a Customer Service Rep to get the $30 voucher or miles so you could get a better choice of meals at your arrival airport or connecting airport.

Thoughts?

Then onboard Delta could offer an elaborate Tapas, Cheese Platter and Wine etc. Not so hard to warm up those mini sandwiches that you get at a Tapas bar in Spain. I would go gaga over Tapas and good Spanish Wine and Cheeses with Meats(Sausages) in the air. And a vegetarian option could be cheese Souffle Potato Quiche etc.

Last edited by danielonn; Aug 19, 2017 at 3:39 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Improve the beer selection in Delta One - add a couple of well chosen craft beers with descriptions similar to the wine selection

Add a decent single malt scotch in Delta One

Additional perks for exceeding MQM thresholds beyond 125k. Maybe an additional choice perk at 175k or something like that?
How about Lagavulin Single Scotch?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
How about Lagavulin Single Scotch?
I prefer Laphroaig, but I'd be plenty happy with Lagavulin. Hell, even the ubiquitous Glenlivet 12 would be an vast improvement over the Dewar's crap they have.

A drink coupon for a premium drink in the Sky Club for passengers travelling in Delta One would be another welcome addition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.