FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   What changes should Delta make? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1861906-what-changes-should-delta-make.html)

hockeyinsider Aug 19, 2017 10:14 am

What changes should Delta make?

The thread on what keeps us on Delta (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...you-delta.html) got me thinking.

What changes should Delta make?

I'll start.

1. Allow regional upgrade certificates to be used on the intra-Asia flights out of Tokyo-Narita, to the extent they continue existing.
2. Allow regional upgrade certificates to be used on seasonal flights to Iceland.
3. Restore around-the-world award redemption.
4. Publish an award redemption chart.

jalves Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am

5. raise prices to compensate

ty97 Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

Warm nuts with meals in F.

(No, I am not kidding. It's a very minor thing, but I miss this from AA)

KDCAflyer Aug 19, 2017 12:07 pm

-Allow passengers in D1 to rate FAs in a similar manner as phone agents. If a FA consistently gets bad ratings, pull them off international routes.
-Mattress pads in D1.
-Use RUCs to upgrade to premium economy.
-Snack plates on flights over 500 miles, but less than 700. Meals on flights over 700.
-Ability to order meals in advance.
-More JWD certs upon request.
-PM/DM members in C- automatically get free drinks on all flights, and a food item on longer flights. The second part could be implemented in the same form as drink certs are now.

OPENROAD Aug 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Free Lounge access if flying Business Class.

tvtd Aug 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Definitely more JWD certs. I'd use them frequently. For the rest of the year I'm resorting to Twitter.

Also, I'd LOVE SDC to apply to 24 hours from departure, not "within the same calendar day". It is the one and only thing I admire about UA.

woodford02A Aug 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by OPENROAD (Post 28710572)
Free Lounge access if flying Business Class.

This already exists on int'l itineraries, no?

KDCAflyer Aug 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by tvtd (Post 28710579)
Definitely more JWD certs. I'd use them frequently. For the rest of the year I'm resorting to Twitter.

Also, I'd LOVE SDC to apply to 24 hours from departure, not "within the same calendar day". It is the one and only thing I admire about UA.

It doesn't have to be the same calendar day. If I have a flight at 5PM on the 2nd, SDC opens at 5PM on the 1st, the same time as check-in.

It's been that way since I started flying DL frequently.

flyerCO Aug 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 28710466)
Warm nuts with meals in F.

(No, I am not kidding. It's a very minor thing, but I miss this from AA)

They've done this on my last few international D1 flights.

tvtd Aug 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 28710594)
It doesn't have to be the same calendar day. If I have a flight at 5PM on the 2nd, SDC opens at 5PM on the 1st, the same time as check-in.

It's been that way since I started flying DL frequently.

In this scenario would you be able to fly on the day of check in, after 5pm on the 1st? My understand has been no but I'd love to be wrong.

woodford02A Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

-Wifi that actually works and is priced reasonably or free for 30 mins, etc.
-Better consistency amongst crews and gate agents with service standards and how rules are enforced/applied
-Fix seatmap/IT issues with people being bumped out of previously confirmed seats

KDCAflyer Aug 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by tvtd (Post 28710608)
In this scenario would you be able to fly on the day of check in, after 5pm on the 1st? My understand has been no but I'd love to be wrong.

Oh I see what you're saying. No, you can make changes at T-24, but you have to fly on the original calendar day.

davetravels Aug 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 28710466)
Warm nuts

:D Giggle giggle! :D

tvtd Aug 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 28710615)
Oh I see what you're saying. No, you can make changes at T-24, but you have to fly on the original calendar day.

it is literally the only thing I like about UA. At least a handful of times a year I will finish early on a site and would have the opportunity to get home but is never anything I can plan on. So my work-around is to book first flight out the following day so SDC'ing is generally underutilized non-existent for me.

KDCAflyer Aug 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Oh, and Gatorade in the SkyClubs. Especially at stations with long-haul flights.