Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What changes should Delta make?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

The thread on what keeps us on Delta (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...you-delta.html) got me thinking.

I'll start.

1. Allow regional upgrade certificates to be used on the intra-Asia flights out of Tokyo-Narita, to the extent they continue existing.
2. Allow regional upgrade certificates to be used on seasonal flights to Iceland.
3. Restore around-the-world award redemption.
4. Publish an award redemption chart.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
5. raise prices to compensate
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Warm nuts with meals in F.

(No, I am not kidding. It's a very minor thing, but I miss this from AA)
Miesque, AANYC1981 and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
-Allow passengers in D1 to rate FAs in a similar manner as phone agents. If a FA consistently gets bad ratings, pull them off international routes.
-Mattress pads in D1.
-Use RUCs to upgrade to premium economy.
-Snack plates on flights over 500 miles, but less than 700. Meals on flights over 700.
-Ability to order meals in advance.
-More JWD certs upon request.
-PM/DM members in C- automatically get free drinks on all flights, and a food item on longer flights. The second part could be implemented in the same form as drink certs are now.
Bear4Asian, gemdigital and SFCav like this.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Aug 19, 2017 at 12:19 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Free Lounge access if flying Business Class.
gemdigital likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Definitely more JWD certs. I'd use them frequently. For the rest of the year I'm resorting to Twitter.

Also, I'd LOVE SDC to apply to 24 hours from departure, not "within the same calendar day". It is the one and only thing I admire about UA.
gemdigital likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Free Lounge access if flying Business Class.
This already exists on int'l itineraries, no?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by tvtd
Definitely more JWD certs. I'd use them frequently. For the rest of the year I'm resorting to Twitter.

Also, I'd LOVE SDC to apply to 24 hours from departure, not "within the same calendar day". It is the one and only thing I admire about UA.
It doesn't have to be the same calendar day. If I have a flight at 5PM on the 2nd, SDC opens at 5PM on the 1st, the same time as check-in.

It's been that way since I started flying DL frequently.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ty97
Warm nuts with meals in F.

(No, I am not kidding. It's a very minor thing, but I miss this from AA)
They've done this on my last few international D1 flights.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
It doesn't have to be the same calendar day. If I have a flight at 5PM on the 2nd, SDC opens at 5PM on the 1st, the same time as check-in.

It's been that way since I started flying DL frequently.
In this scenario would you be able to fly on the day of check in, after 5pm on the 1st? My understand has been no but I'd love to be wrong.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
-Wifi that actually works and is priced reasonably or free for 30 mins, etc.
-Better consistency amongst crews and gate agents with service standards and how rules are enforced/applied
-Fix seatmap/IT issues with people being bumped out of previously confirmed seats
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by tvtd
In this scenario would you be able to fly on the day of check in, after 5pm on the 1st? My understand has been no but I'd love to be wrong.
Oh I see what you're saying. No, you can make changes at T-24, but you have to fly on the original calendar day.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ty97
Warm nuts
Giggle giggle!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Oh I see what you're saying. No, you can make changes at T-24, but you have to fly on the original calendar day.
it is literally the only thing I like about UA. At least a handful of times a year I will finish early on a site and would have the opportunity to get home but is never anything I can plan on. So my work-around is to book first flight out the following day so SDC'ing is generally underutilized non-existent for me.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:45 pm

Oh, and Gatorade in the SkyClubs. Especially at stations with long-haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.