What changes should Delta make?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DL-Don
"Lifetime" Diamond at 5MM

PM at 3 MM and DM at 4MM.

Restore the status to "Lifetime" as opposed to "Annual-Complementary-Until-We-Think-We-Can-Dump-It-Altogether" status.

Of course, DL has already shown that they can renege on granted lifetime status.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Restore the ability to bequest miles to an heir upon death of the member.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by WWads
Oh, and Gatorade in the SkyClubs. Especially at stations with long-haul flights.
It would have to be powerade, but yes, it would be nice!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Restore the ability to bequest miles to an heir upon death of the member.
If DL went back to the old rules where miles could go to a family member, BUT also had an expiration, like nearly every other loyalty program has, wouldn't far more miles expire from inactivity well before someone's death than the small unfortunate few who pass away within a few years of active flying?

I understand that DL could choose to have no expiration and the ability to bequeath miles upon death, but AA and UA miles expire after 18 months, AS and WN miles after 24. B6 has family pooling but an individual's miles don't expire, but can't be transferred upon death.

Plus it's not like DL is out there combing through obits to close accounts so even after death as long as you have the PIN you can still redeem their points. Unless someone passes away with an active ticket that you would like refunded, DL won't know unless you call them.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Increase the price of every plane ticket by $10, then offer free wifi on every flight. It would be a lot easier on business travelers to increase bundled items to reduce things that have to get included on an expense report.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Here is my list.

1. Restore old rules for club access, at least allow one person and minor child with the primary person (ie. elite+, amex, etc.)

2. Allow earlier flights to be confirmed when travelling. If I get to the airport early and there is enough, allow me to do equivalent of a SDC w/o payment for the earlier flight. Long before SDC I used to do that when going BOS-ATL-AUS or BOS-DFW-AUS, they would allow me to take the earlier flight to ATL or DFW. It costs nothing, if gets you closer to a destination and if there is a problem, you are already partway there.

3. The change/redeposit fees should be much less. If you cancel the flight and give them time to resell the seat, then you should not be punitively penalized.

4. Allow stop-overs on award tickets. It does not cost extra for them to do it. The extra costs would be taxes, but then you'd be charged anyways.

5. Allow free miles transfer between family members. Not just in the case of death.

6. Make mileage accrual simpler with Skyteam. You need to be a Phd using super computer to figure out how many points you'd get when using partner airlines. Why not make it simple? Let me earn MQMs no matter when partner and which fareclass I use?

7. Stop finding a way to screw passengers. If you treat them reasonably, you build loyalty. If you treat us like Johns, we go to the cheapest whore. In LAX, when they brought out the popcorn machine and drinks when there was a delay, you built goodwill. You probably had less complaints about the delay. You hear about flights in the news when the pilot ordered pizza during a flight delay. .... happens, but you build good will when it does and it is handled well.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Increase the price of every plane ticket by $10, then offer free wifi on every flight. It would be a lot easier on business travelers to increase bundled items to reduce things that have to get included on an expense report.
This would significantly slow down the wifi for everyone. I hope they never do this.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Get rid of Zones 1, 2, and 3 and make them Zones 4, 5, and 6. Tired of the Zone 1's clogging up the boarding process. This has been created by DL and is a very easy fix to make.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I don't know how possible it is, but I'd like to be able to take advantage of upgrades and awards without having to split reservations. We do a lot of family travel, and it would be nice to be able to mix companion tickets, award tickets and paid tickets on the same reservation so that we can use companion tickets and miles for the kids, but pay for the adults (and earn MQMs).

We do it now by splitting the reservation, but it can be a pain to manage. We also split so that we can take advantage of the medallion Comfort+ upgrade. (With car seats, any extra room is nice).
cmh flyer likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Get rid of Zones 1, 2, and 3 and make them Zones 4, 5, and 6. Tired of the Zone 1's clogging up the boarding process. This has been created by DL and is a very easy fix to make.
Delta sold their soul to AMEX when times were bad. Delta wouldn't be alive without them. The AMEX benefits are here to stay unless you feel like paying off Delta's debt.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I don't know how possible it is, but I'd like to be able to take advantage of upgrades and awards without having to split reservations. We do a lot of family travel, and it would be nice to be able to mix companion tickets, award tickets and paid tickets on the same reservation so that we can use companion tickets and miles for the kids, but pay for the adults (and earn MQMs).

We do it now by splitting the reservation, but it can be a pain to manage. We also split so that we can take advantage of the medallion Comfort+ upgrade. (With car seats, any extra room is nice).
Sounds like it would be a big lift on the IT side. It would be nice, but DL's IT is barely going on a good day.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Free wifi for F/J passengers
Re-publish the award chart
Improve the boarding process to make it less chaotic
cmh flyer likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Delta sold their soul to AMEX when times were bad. Delta wouldn't be alive without them. The AMEX benefits are here to stay unless you feel like paying off Delta's debt.
All three airlines just advertise priority boarding now. Even Amex appears to have dropped the zone 1 language.

Since they aren't advertising zone 1 anymore, changing the boarding process shouldn't be a problem. AA and UA don't seem to be having problems getting people to sign up for their cards.
Attached Images    
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by WWads
Since they aren't advertising zone 1 anymore, changing the boarding process shouldn't be a problem.
^, Yes an easy fix
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Fly the CSeries jet to YYZ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.