Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I got it to work after some effort, in 2015 when I jumped from GM to PM. Took some calls and emails, but I got it to work.

I dont think the benefits fits actually mean anything though. Hertz is a word that starts with S. I try to avoid whenever possible.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I've seen a big change recently with selection and quality of vehicles with PC

SFO - Brand new Loaded Camaro Convertible with 5 miles on it

SJC - Nissan Altima with 6 miles on it

MSP - Loaded Ford Explorer with 1,811 miles on it
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by duvakal
Quick easy question for everyone...

Does Delta Platinum include Hertz President's Club automatically or do you have to rent 20 times in order to get that level?

Thanks!
Got it easily back in 2013 when DL PM........yet I still have Pres. Circle even tho no longer Medallion since 2015! And I only rent a couple times a year. Go figure! Great usage at FLL and MIA! Love the grab and go!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by doglover
I've seen a big change recently with selection and quality of vehicles with PC

SFO - Brand new Loaded Camaro Convertible with 5 miles on it

SJC - Nissan Altima with 6 miles on it

MSP - Loaded Ford Explorer with 1,811 miles on it
You had much better luck than I. I haven't used Hertz in years. They routinely gave me cars with 50K+ miles on them that were 3-4 years old. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when they gave me a car that was dirty with salt from FNT WX (I was in a hurry so didn't care), then I took it back and they tried to charge me a cleaning fee for it...really?

National has better deals and better cars. Reward program is good enough for me. They matched my Hertz top level status with Exec (or whatever it's called).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
President's Circle is a joke anyways, and Hertz is about the worst company out there you can do business with. Just avoid it.
I would have to disagree. I've been really pleased with PC. I have one story where I totally screwed up; I was on a multi-city trip, and booked what I thought was a reservation in SAN, when in fact I put FLL into my online reservation order (I had been in FLL two days before). When I got to SAN, I didn't have a car; a really great Hertz staff member got me a car and honored the price I would have had at FLL.

I've rented with Hertz 98% of the time since the late 1970s. Everytime I rent with someone else (Avis would be an exception), I'm sorry I did and look forward to my next rental at Hertz.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've used National and Hertz for the last 10 years but have found that National's more expensive in our primary markets (MSY and NYC) so almost all of our business goes to Hertz. My complaint / dissatisfaction level is about the same with both but Hertz is better at compensation for their screw-ups. The employees at both seem to care - at least as far as our issues are concerned. We still EE and PC without Airline programs.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: delta dm
Agreed Hertz bad. National Good. Poor benefits with Hertz. Hertz also poor customer service. United and Hertz should form a partnership. Match in He&l.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Applied and in a few days had it. Card showed up shortly after.

It has been beyond great with the addition of Ultimate Choice. I've booked C Class Corolla for 5 days for 140 dollars at RDU and left in a sub 500 mile Infiniti Q50. The WORST car I have gotten at an UC location is a new Kia Optima.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I previously was Hertz 5* (earned) and became PC via DL (no problems there). Immediately I started receiving better vehicles (much lower mileage, more regular upgrades). Keeping in mind the maximum official upgrade by policy is to F (meaning if you book anything higher there's no obligation to upgrade you further) and that HLE are exempt from upgrading at all, I've received many upgrades beyond F, and a few at HLE.

So I count this in the enhancement, not "enhancement", category.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by HDQDD
You had much better luck than I. I haven't used Hertz in years.
Post you replied to was commenting on improvements to Hertz noticed recently...

I've had about the same experiences across Hertz/National/Avis. Honestly at this point I just pick based on price and how easy it is to get from arrival gate to rental car.

Thankfully I don't even rent that much anymore.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Flyer
Originally Posted by HDQDD
You had much better luck than I. I haven't used Hertz in years. They routinely gave me cars with 50K+ miles on them that were 3-4 years old. But the straw that broke the camel's back was when they gave me a car that was dirty with salt from FNT WX (I was in a hurry so didn't care), then I took it back and they tried to charge me a cleaning fee for it...really?

National has better deals and better cars. Reward program is good enough for me. They matched my Hertz top level status with Exec (or whatever it's called).
I agree. My understanding after recently talking with a Hertz location manager who is a friend is that Hertz is moving towards better recognition of their elites--if you're flying enough to get DL Plat, you're likely renting a lot of cars, so it's money well spent in my book. However, while I was Hertz for years, I eventually got very fed up with the lack of recognition and the cars that stank of smoke. Too late for me to make the move back at this point I think and the rewards program with Hertz combined with the terrible website and phone app really just did not do it for me.

Hertz did give me a great deal because I was able to seamlessly move to National with a status match to exec elite. They are just plain great.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by manacit
Has anyone seen 'success' with this when moving from GM -> PM? I eventually got my 'status matching' when I became a GM, but now I'm curious if I'll 'move up' after just qualifying for PM.

I seem to recall it took a few weeks (or more?) to reflect, but eventually did. I think PC is much more valuable now with Hertz Ultimate Choice: between being able to rent from the PC Aisle, and cheaper upgrades, there could be (some) value.
For those who care, I've gone from Kettle -> FO -> GM -> PM this year (it's been a good year ) a couple of weeks ago (2ish weeks after making PM) my Hertz Status just reflected the change in GM to PM, making me "Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle"
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It took me forever to get the status as a Delta Diamond because Hertz blamed Delta and Delta blamed Hertz.

I've had it 2-ish years now. It's never made a difference at big Hertz airport locations, like Detroit or Cleveland, but I've received excellent treatment at out-stations in smaller cities as well in St. Thomas, Hawaii, Guam, and the United Kingdom. My status also helped me immensely when Hertz said the Honolulu airport location was sold-out. I called the President's Circle desk and exercised the benefit guaranteeing me a car with zero problems.

In Hawaii, I received an upgrade to a Range Over Evoque, in St. Thomas I've booked a sedan and received a Jeep Wrangler, in Europe I've twice received upgrades from a VW Jetta to a Mercedes SUV, and in Guam I received a Ford Mustang despite booking a Ford Focus.

In the Lower 48, I typically book a full-size and normally receive an "upgrade" to a Chevrolet Impala or Chrysler 300. Most of the Impala cars have had leather and Sirus XM, but one or two have been stripped down, cloth seat varieties.

Like I said, I've only had bad cars in Detroit and Cleveland. Detroit always gives me cars that have scratches and dings. In San Francisco, I had a filthy car (full-size) assigned to me -- it had food in a McDonald's bag in the back seat! It took 40 minutes, but the manager gave me an Audi to compensate. In Guam, I never get my Hertz points and have to harass Hertz customer service.

I did 57 rentals in 2016. I sent a Christmas card to my local Hertz airport office, where probably 25 of my rentals were from, to thank them for the excellent service. Ever since then they have always given me a Chrysler 300, regardless of what I book. As for this year, I'm at 25 rentals so far.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jul 25, 2017 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Bozzie4

Hertz did give me a great deal because I was able to seamlessly move to National with a status match to exec elite. They are just plain great.
What's the big difference between National and Hertz?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It took me forever to get the status as a Delta Diamond because Hertz blamed Delta and Delta blamed Hertz.

I've had it 2-ish years now. It's never made a difference at big Hertz airport locations, like Detroit or Cleveland, but I've received excellent treatment at out-stations in smaller cities as well in St. Thomas, Hawaii, Guam, and the United Kingdom. My status also helped me immensely when Hertz said the Honolulu airport location was sold-out. I called the President's Circle desk and exercised the benefit guaranteeing me a car with zero problems.

In Hawaii, I received an upgrade to a Range Over Evoque, in St. Thomas I've booked a sedan and received a Jeep Wrangler, in Europe I've twice received upgrades from a VW Jetta to a Mercedes SUV, and in Guam I received a Ford Mustang despite booking a Ford Focus.

In the Lower 48, I typically book a full-size and normally receive an "upgrade" to a Chevrolet Impala or Chrysler 300. Most of the Impala cars have had leather and Sirus XM, but one or two have been stripped down, cloth seat varieties.

Like I said, I've only had bad cars in Detroit and Cleveland. Detroit always gives me cars that have scratches and dings. In San Francisco, I had a filthy car (full-size) assigned to me -- it had food in a McDonald's bag in the back seat! It took 40 minutes, but the manager gave me an Audi to compensate. In Guam, I never get my Hertz points and have to harass Hertz customer service.

I did 57 rentals in 2016. I sent a Christmas card to my local Hertz airport office, where probably 25 of my rentals were from, to thank them for the excellent service. Ever since then they have always given me a Chrysler 300, regardless of what I book. As for this year, I'm at 25 rentals so far.
As PC, I don't get a car assigned anymore, just a text message saying "go to the PC area and pick whatever car you want there". At least at SJC and SFO (four-five times in the last few months).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.