Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 8:34 pm

Annoyed that there's no ATL/MSP-BUR. I'm tired of putting up with the construction disaster that is LAX.

Last edited by GSP flyer; May 21, 2017 at 1:19 am
Old May 21, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
An AM snack basket on a PM flight.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:29 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
A two-fer:

Someone poached the PDB water for my row, 2A/2B. There was a pre-board couple with a young child in a car set, but I suspect someone else in F because there was also an extra blanket in 2B.

The wifi is sloooow here in SLC (hmm... might just be the speed of DNS lookups).
Old May 21, 2017, 10:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Preparing for my current trip to MEX on Thursday, I took my newly minted 2MM DM tags out of the envelope they came in, and, I peeled them off of the advertising material they were stuck to, and, I couldn't get the little sticky pads off the back of the tags! Oh, the horror! I had to get out some Goo Gone!

It took a while, and the tags were a little greasy at first from the Goo Gone, but they're OK now. The regular DM card had no problem with the the sticky pads, just the luggage tags.

Now, THAT'S random and pathetic!
Old May 21, 2017, 11:02 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by davetravels
Preparing for my current trip to MEX on Thursday, I took my newly minted 2MM DM tags out of the envelope they came in, and, I peeled them off of the advertising material they were stuck to, and, I couldn't get the little sticky pads off the back of the tags! Oh, the horror! I had to get out some Goo Gone!

It took a while, and the tags were a little greasy at first from the Goo Gone, but they're OK now. The regular DM card had no problem with the the sticky pads, just the luggage tags.

Now, THAT'S random and pathetic!
Congratualtions on 2MM!!!

It took me about 15 minutes to get that crap off my first PM luggage tag. The second one went a little faster as I figured out how to use the blob that I'd gotten from the other one to repeatedly dab away little bits of it. Seriously annoying though, I cannot fathom why such a strong adhesive is needed
Old May 21, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This may win the thread:

The buckle side of my seatbelt is attached "upside-down" so that the only way to fasten it causes a half-twist in the belt, which is really bothersome from an OCD perspective.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Zorak
This may win the thread:

The buckle side of my seatbelt is attached "upside-down" so that the only way to fasten it causes a half-twist in the belt, which is really bothersome from an OCD perspective.
That drives me crazy, and it seems as though half the seats I get have that problem.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:56 am

I mean, I guess I could fasten it upside-down, but that's no better from an OCD perspective. This must be what Sophie's Choice felt like.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may win the thread:

During one of my check rides I had a FAA examiner insist that twists in a seatbelt reduced its strength. Needless to say, I ensured my seatbelt and shoulder strap were not twisted.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: delta dm
The FA forgetting to put a lime in my bloody mary
Old May 21, 2017, 12:26 pm

This may win the thread:

I suppose it makes me equally random and pathetic, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine as well! I actually haven't noticed it on DL, but it happens frequently (read: just barely often enough to keep me ticked off by the memory) on Southwest.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by synergistic
I suppose it makes me equally random and pathetic, but this is a huge pet peeve of mine as well! I actually haven't noticed it on DL, but it happens frequently (read: just barely often enough to keep me ticked off by the memory) on Southwest.
this can happen in Y when your neighbor grabs the "wrong" belt (depending on how they were installed), but in my case today I'm in F.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: delta dm
Landing ahead of schedule and having to spend even more time at the airport they call lga
Old May 21, 2017, 4:18 pm

This may win the thread:

If you are in 3C on a 757, that might be the same plane I had from KOA to SEA last week. Not that I am OCD enough to notice a seatbelt that cant. be. buckled. properly. without. twisting. the. belt.....

This drives me batty on rental cars, too. Enough so that I have been known to pull off to the side of the road and wrestle with the slidey part until I can work the twist out of it.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:55 am
HMO

This may win the thread:

I disassembled and fixed it once. Thinking better now, I could have ended in a big trouble, if some FA had noticed it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.