Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DELTA (DL) Inventory Returns to ExpertFlyer (sans Upgrade Class Inventory)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The email that I and many others got yesterday put it this way:

We're happy to announce that the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is that DL Upgrade inventory, which Delta is still not allowing access to, is not available. However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all other searches (Seat Maps/Alerts, Fares, etc.) are available again for DL. This is in addition to the previously released low/saver-level DL Award inventory.

Please note, for the Flight Availability search, DL flights will only be returned when DL is the only airline specified in the search.

As always, the full list of supported Award & Upgrade airlines/classes for searching and alerting is available here: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do
Old Jun 10, 2016, 3:33 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
I just got an email from EF summarizing the recent return of certain DL data and offering an individualized 10% off code.
My post from June 1 . . . .

Originally Posted by davetravels
I wonder if EF would consider offering an incentive for people who defected to KVS over this, to come back, particularly for those whose KVS terms are still locked in for a number of months yet.
You're welcome, to whoever got the eMail!

I got it early this morning.

AND - - - > Thanx, Expert Flyer Voice!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I also got the email and have already resubscribed . First I used saw ATL-SLC tonight is at Y=0 so looks oversold
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
That's good news!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I wonder where ExpertFlyer is getting their data. I was looking at two flights for J, about 3 months out, and DL.com is selling seats. But it is zeroed out across all J classes on EF. In the past when EF had DL data, this always would sync up.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I wonder where ExpertFlyer is getting their data. I was looking at two flights for J, about 3 months out, and DL.com is selling seats. But it is zeroed out across all J classes on EF. In the past when EF had DL data, this always would sync up.
Wondering the same thing. I'm looking for a flights for DTW/MSY labor day weekend and only expensive fares are available on delta.com yet EF is showing e=9 and 9 for every fare class on the flights. EF is also omitting quite a few return flights (that have connections) that are showing up on Delta.com in the search. One of the reason I paid for EF again was to make sure I had available data for all flights in case of IRROPs and also for SDC. It isn't doing me much good if I have a severely delayed or cancelled flight and available flights aren't showing up or if I want to SDC and it's showing my purchased fare class at 9 when that isn't the case.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:11 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Wondering the same thing. I'm looking for a flights for DTW/MSY labor day weekend and only expensive fares are available on delta.com yet EF is showing e=9 and 9 for every fare class on the flights. EF is also omitting quite a few return flights (that have connections) that are showing up on Delta.com in the search. One of the reason I paid for EF again was to make sure I had available data for all flights in case of IRROPs and also for SDC. It isn't doing me much good if I have a severely delayed or cancelled flight and available flights aren't showing up or if I want to SDC and it's showing my purchased fare class at 9 when that isn't the case.
It's important to remember that fare bucket availability doesn't necessarily mean there is a corresponding published fare for that routing.

Around Labor Day, Delta may not be publishing fares in your market in the lower fare buckets which is why Delta.com won't return a fare. But the buckets are still available for other markets, etc.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by TTT
It's important to remember that fare bucket availability doesn't necessarily mean there is a corresponding published fare for that routing.
But I am seeing the reverse; zeroed out fare buckets but fares for sale in at least one of those buckets at DL.com.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I am seeing the reverse; zeroed out fare buckets but fares for sale in at least one of those buckets at DL.com.
What are some examples? I wonder if KVS is showing the same.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by TTT
What are some examples? I wonder if KVS is showing the same.
Just sent you a PM with details.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:49 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just sent you a PM with details.
In the example sent both KVS and EF showed the same availability.

Both Delta and ITA show seats/fares available in the D1 cabin.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Is ExpertFlyer useful at all for checking oversales?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JSprague24
If a flight out of ATL is at Y0 a few hours from departure, I'd say that's a good sign (IME).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JSprague24
Only in that, when a flight's fare buckets are zeroed out . . . IE: F0 Y0, usually it's safe to assume that a flight is sold out, and they usually oversell most flights by at least a little bit.

That said, I flew on a flight out of MSP the other day, and it was showing zeroed out, but it wasn't completely full or overbooked. I commented to the gate agent about it, and she said that during IROPS, often times they will zero a flight out so that they don't have throngs of people rebooking on to that flight from flights that are goofed up, causing even worse overbookings. That's the day when all the weather and tornadoes hit Minneapolis.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:54 am

TODAY is the last day for the discount!!!

If you received the discount eMail ($10 off an annual subscription), today is the last day!

I just renewed mine!

Thanx again, ET Team!

KVS is OK, but, EF is just better. Easier to use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.